Page 522 of 613 FirstFirst ... 22422472512518519520521522523524525526532572 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I thought they were making Saturn Girl gay.
    Super possible. She and Shadow Lass might be in a relationship for all we know. All I'm saying is that it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I can't for some reason see access Instagram. I am travelling, bad Internet.
    No worries. I got you

Here's what he said.

Bendis: "what a dream come true this entire book is. I can’t even express to you how much I love writing this book. It drives me crazy! I think about it constantly! It’s the biggest craziest story puzzle I’ve ever tried to put together. This issue features tons of answers to most of the most frequently asked questions including the first news on who is hooking up with who- absolutely the most frequently asked question. Plus the much requested #supersons reunion. Whoever thought Jon kent and Damien Wayne’s relationship would take them all the way to the 31st century!? Well, we did :-) there is a reason Jon Kent is in this book so if you’re looking for clues to what’s coming, look no further. Or if you’re looking for a real sci fi superhero experience, stop in your local comic book shop or head on over to Amazon and check out the first three gorgeously illustrated issues of Legion of superheroes. This is Highwater mark sci-fi comic book illustration in every single panel. #longlivethelegion #legionflightring #damienwayne #jonkent #dawnstar #interlac #saturn girl #cosmic boy #lightninglad #fritchmantags check out that variant by @jimcheungart @dccomics #dcnation"
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-11-2020 at 11:04 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I guess I'd be interested in a gay Jon just to see Bendis address criticism that he doesn't write gay characters in ongoing relationships. Although maybe it helps that I just don't feel much attachment to teen Jon who just feels like a blank slate to me.

I doubt he had feelings for Damian though.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I thought they were making Saturn Girl gay.
    I think based on that comment, it has to be either one of the two that make it so that Jon and Saturn Girl can’t be in a relationship. IMO, I feel like Bendis and DC would have hyped this issue up more if Superman’s son came out as gay. I think Saturn Girl being gay would make more sense in terms of why they haven’t marketed something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    IMO, I feel like Bendis and DC would have hyped this issue up more if Superman’s son came out as gay. I think Saturn Girl being gay would make more sense in terms of why they haven’t marketed something like this.
    Hmmm, that's actually a pretty fair point.

Though, as a counter, they may be counting on the aftermath to be the big internet story?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I don't see any issue with Jon being gay, but I don't see him being attracted to Damien.

I think based on that comment, it has to be either one of the two that make it so that Jon and Saturn Girl can’t be in a relationship. IMO, I feel like Bendis and DC would have hyped this issue up more if Superman’s son came out as gay. I think Saturn Girl being gay would make more sense in terms of why they haven’t marketed something like this.
    To be honest, I think I would be more bothered by Imra then Jon if only because it gets in the way of a relationship with Lightning Lad. Unless she's bi.

I guess it would explain her hairstyle a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, I think I would be more bothered by Imra then Jon if only because it gets in the way of a relationship with Lightning Lad. Unless she's bi.

If she's not straight I bet you she's the one who dates Shadow Lass. Bendis made the joke about "what will the internet say when Shadow Lass is dating Cosmic Boy", and I could totally see that being a troll.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't see any issue with Jon being gay, but I don't see him being attracted to Damien.
    This is my feelings. I also am reluctant in jon being in a relationship with anyone of his dad's friends. Other that, i have no issues.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah, not to mention it's a bad look given they are traditionally a classic DC couple and he was just made black, so it would look like they're trying to dodge an interracial relationship, which DC doesn't have many that I can recall. It's why I wanted Carter and Kendra to hook up after Metal.

I won't accuse Bendis of any awful things, he's definitely not the guy to run from any representation, but I would say it's bad timing.

For all we know, the reveal is that she's already dating Lightning Lad in secret.

Still think Jon's the better choice to be gay.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-12-2020 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Phone auto corrected some stuff.

Jon had a potential crush on Kathy, admitted to having a crush on one of his classmates to Damian in Super Sons, his red duplicate was teased by his blue half for 'holding hands' with an alien girl and when he was trapped in the Wonder Machine, he imagined his future self married to an unknown wife with a son in Hamilton County. So if Bendis makes Jon gay or bi, that contradicts Jon's characterisation up to this point. Not that Jon cares about romance or girls but at every instance, he's been shown to be heterosexual. Then again this is the same idiotic writer who made Iceman gay for no reason so I don't doubt Bendis' hack credentials at this point.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Super possible. She and Shadow Lass might be in a relationship for all we know. All I'm saying is that it's possible.

No worries. I got you

Here's what he said.

Bendis: "what a dream come true this entire book is. I can’t even express to you how much I love writing this book. It drives me crazy! I think about it constantly! It’s the biggest craziest story puzzle I’ve ever tried to put together. This issue features tons of answers to most of the most frequently asked questions including the first news on who is hooking up with who- absolutely the most frequently asked question. Plus the much requested #supersons reunion. Whoever thought Jon kent and Damien Wayne’s relationship would take them all the way to the 31st century!? Well, we did :-) there is a reason Jon Kent is in this book so if you’re looking for clues to what’s coming, look no further. Or if you’re looking for a real sci fi superhero experience, stop in your local comic book shop or head on over to Amazon and check out the first three gorgeously illustrated issues of Legion of superheroes. This is Highwater mark sci-fi comic book illustration in every single panel. #longlivethelegion #legionflightring #damienwayne #jonkent #dawnstar #interlac #saturn girl #cosmic boy #lightninglad #fritchmantags check out that variant by @jimcheungart @dccomics #dcnation"
    Thanks for that. I cautiously optimistic. If something like jondami happens then, you can say @manwhohaseverything has left the chatroom. But, i believe saturn girl will just be into guys and jon will get shocked like steve Harrington.

All this talk of Jon being Gay/Straight/Bi and Whatever the ****. Let's acknowledge that last year same month he was just a fun loving kid. This whole change is still mostly hated to begin with unless you're a Bendis kiss ass which admittedly their are suprising amount. Why put the kid in a box he should not be in a relationship what should happen is he goes back to being a kid, or the one we have now needs to dissapear with the quickness, or is just a clone ect.. This just ain't it...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    All this talk of Jon being Gay/Straight/Bi and Whatever the ****. Let's acknowledge that last year same month he was just a fun loving kid. This whole change is still mostly hated to begin with unless you're a Bendis kiss ass which admittedly their are suprising amount. Why put the kid in a box he should not be in a relationship what should happen is he goes back to being a kid, or the one we have now needs to dissapear with the quickness, or is just a clone ect.. This just ain't it...
    There are plenty of threads if we are just going to retread the contreversy of Jon being aged up, it's happened and like you said, we've known for over a year now. We know not everyone likes THE CHANGE, but a lot of us that are still reading/interested would rather move on and discuss the coming issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Jon had a potential crush on Kathy, admitted to having a crush on one of his classmates to Damian in Super Sons, his red duplicate was teased by his blue half for 'holding hands' with an alien girl and when he was trapped in the Wonder Machine, he imagined his future self married to an unknown wife with a son in Hamilton County. So if Bendis makes Jon gay or bi, that contradicts Jon's characterisation up to this point. Not that Jon cares about romance or girls but at every instance, he's been shown to be heterosexual. Then again this is the same idiotic writer who made Iceman gay for no reason so I don't doubt Bendis' hack credentials at this point.
    Loads of people don't realize what their sexuality until later in life.

Bendis has a bad track record writing LGBTQ relationships. I don't think this will be different but an older Jon not being hetero is not a contradiction to canon that matters.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

There are plenty of threads if we are just going to retread the contreversy of Jon being aged up, it's happened and like you said, we've known for over a year now. We know not everyone likes THE CHANGE, but a lot of us that are still reading/interested would rather move on and discuss the coming issues.
    Okay coming issue, it's too soon to put him in a box or in a relationship. But considering all things Superman has been mostly mediocre slop for over a year that's probably what we're getting, it's a shame.