Page 533 of 613 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    JRjr's art looks really great, but when is that awful Daily Planet twitter feed thing going to go away. It COULD be really neat if more thought was put into it.
    Yeah, that really should operate as a Marvel style recap page. In other words, the tweets should be about events from Action Comics and Superman only. Not Justice League, Flash, Wonder Woman, Metal Men, Batman, Suicide Squad...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I kinda miss that old channel 52 thing with Calander man and Ambush bug.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Ryan Sook's beautiful black&white cover for Legion of Super-Heroes issue 7.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7wl9YOpgtZ/

Issue 7 won't be solicited till next month, but given that issue 6 says "the tension between the United Planets and the Legion have gone public", issue 7 may be the result of that.

There's no telling how this cover will translate to the actual story (though every cover so far has been in someway indicative of actual story content if not a straight up scene in the book), but making this group of very powerful kids feel like overwhelmed kids is something that I really dig.

I hope that this means we'll be getting a courtroom/interrogation room issue coming soon. Those are some of Bendis' strengths.

Edit: I bet that's where Rose comes into play. She had a stand off with the UP president on the Legion's behalf even though she didn't agree with how the kids went about their plan. She might come in as the adult in the room.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-26-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Lots of big Superman family needs on the horizon with a focus on Conner!

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...33579202961410

Question: "With DC fandom asking @BRIANMBENDIS when will Conner meet up with Clark or Jon, I don't think anyone's asked when will Conner meet up with his other DNA Daddy, Lex Luthor??"

Bendis: "Action comics! THIS storyline: Metropolis Doom's fractured structure means answers ARE coming! not only are we getting Conner, lex, clark AND JON! Conner is STAYING in action comics & young justice for a bit. some treats for those already buying both books. #therewillbepunching"

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...37362431578112

Question: "So are we gonna have two Superboys or is Conner going to get a new code name?"

Bendis: "GREAT Q! all I am saying now is you are ONLY going to see things you have NEVER seen in a superman comic before. we're heading for ALL NEW in little and big moments all year. Superman 19 was just a taste."

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...37736588689408

Question: "Bring back the Metropolis Kid codename, come on Brian"

Bendis: Done

Boy, that's a lot lol

So, yeah, that JRJR arc that we're all kind of iffy on seems like it's gonna have some of the biggest moments for the Superman family, and Conner in particular. I wanna say Bendis was joking about calling him the Metropolis Kid again, but Action Comics 1022 says "now the city is in a state of shock and Clark and Conner Kent need to figure out what's next for them and the city they protect" So it's possible. Maybe "Mr. Metropolis"? Wasn't that a nickname for Lex before Superman showed up? In any case, I'm interested in what Conner's gonna do.

Personally, I think he's going to somehow restart Lex/Luthor corp under his name. We know from Fraction's run that Lex comes from old Metropolis money, right? So I doubt Lex would be able to get rid of ALL of the Luthor family assets. Maybe due to the technicality that Conner is now the last living Luthor heir by blood since his "dad" has mutated himself into a weird martian thing, he has claim to it?

Also, super surprised that we're doing the Jon and Conner thing NOW. This likely means that Jon gets to meet some members of Young Justice too, right?

I wonder how long Conner will end up staying in Action Comics? It sounds like he'll be in two books for a while. I wonder if it's *just* for this arc, or if it's maybe for a bit longer?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Honestly I hope Conner's AC stay lasts longer than just 2 books if that's the case. His Clark/Lex interaction have been is short supply for a while now and I want this remedied. Adding Jon to the mix is just the cherry on top

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Honestly I hope Conner's AC stay lasts longer than just 2 books if that's the case. His Clark/Lex interaction have been is short supply for a while now and I want this remedied. Adding Jon to the mix is just the cherry on top
    Jon and lex have no relationship,unless you count that "get off my lawn" moment in supersons where jon and damian snuck in lex's building. So, i am not sure what jon is going to add.I don't think forcing a dynamic is the way to go.

Astonishing Member

The first part of my statement is re: Conner. The second is meant only for Clark, Kon and Jon. I know Lex could care less about Jon so that's not really what I meant.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    The first part of my statement is re: Conner. The second is meant only for Clark, Kon and Jon. I know Lex could care less about Jon so that's not really what I meant.
    I am saying jon has no reason to have any kind of rivalry with lex and viceversa. If you meant clark, jon and conner meeting each other then it would be cool.if the history is restored and retconned in via doomsday clock like reborn. Then i wonder if conner has met baby jon or kid jon. I mean, they are going to have to do that wit the kents and jon. They did do it with sam lane and jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Ryan Sook's beautiful black&white cover for Legion of Super-Heroes issue 7.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7wl9YOpgtZ/

Issue 7 won't be solicited till next month, but given that issue 6 says "the tension between the United Planets and the Legion have gone public", issue 7 may be the result of that.

There's no telling how this cover will translate to the actual story (though every cover so far has been in someway indicative of actual story content if not a straight up scene in the book), but making this group of very powerful kids feel like overwhelmed kids is something that I really dig.

I hope that this means we'll be getting a courtroom/interrogation room issue coming soon. Those are some of Bendis' strengths.

Edit: I bet that's where Rose comes into play. She had a stand off with the UP president on the Legion's behalf even though she didn't agree with how the kids went about their plan. She might come in as the adult in the room.
    Reminds me of the Threeboot where tensions got to a point where the Science Police tried to arrest all the Legion (although I think things were always a little tense between them where that version of the Legion is concerned).

I wonder if they'll actually all get arrested this time around.
    Lots of big Superman family needs on the horizon with a focus on Conner!

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...33579202961410

Question: "With DC fandom asking @BRIANMBENDIS when will Conner meet up with Clark or Jon, I don't think anyone's asked when will Conner meet up with his other DNA Daddy, Lex Luthor??"

Bendis: "Action comics! THIS storyline: Metropolis Doom's fractured structure means answers ARE coming! not only are we getting Conner, lex, clark AND JON! Conner is STAYING in action comics & young justice for a bit. some treats for those already buying both books. #therewillbepunching"

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...37362431578112

Question: "So are we gonna have two Superboys or is Conner going to get a new code name?"

Bendis: "GREAT Q! all I am saying now is you are ONLY going to see things you have NEVER seen in a superman comic before. we're heading for ALL NEW in little and big moments all year. Superman 19 was just a taste."

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...37736588689408

Question: "Bring back the Metropolis Kid codename, come on Brian"

Bendis: Done

Boy, that's a lot lol

So, yeah, that JRJR arc that we're all kind of iffy on seems like it's gonna have some of the biggest moments for the Superman family, and Conner in particular. I wanna say Bendis was joking about calling him the Metropolis Kid again, but Action Comics 1022 says "now the city is in a state of shock and Clark and Conner Kent need to figure out what's next for them and the city they protect" So it's possible. Maybe "Mr. Metropolis"? Wasn't that a nickname for Lex before Superman showed up? In any case, I'm interested in what Conner's gonna do.

Personally, I think he's going to somehow restart Lex/Luthor corp under his name. We know from Fraction's run that Lex comes from old Metropolis money, right? So I doubt Lex would be able to get rid of ALL of the Luthor family assets. Maybe due to the technicality that Conner is now the last living Luthor heir by blood since his "dad" has mutated himself into a weird martian thing, he has claim to it?

Also, super surprised that we're doing the Jon and Conner thing NOW. This likely means that Jon gets to meet some members of Young Justice too, right?

I wonder how long Conner will end up staying in Action Comics? It sounds like he'll be in two books for a while. I wonder if it's *just* for this arc, or if it's maybe for a bit longer?
    Conner hasn't really interacted with any of these characters in the comics for a longtime, so that should be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t know what he’d be advising for DC since I assume he’d be asked for help with Superman since that’s the character he’s on, otherwise I don’t know who he would be helping with.
    Okay, so this likely means nothing, buuuut Bendis did post this on insta https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Xt4Jzpi8E/

Bendis: "Here’s the movie poster, I mean the variant cover to Legion of superhero issue four"

And before that hollywoodreporter made this article https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ure-dc-1264010 saying "Brian Michael Bendis and Ryan Sook's new comic could be the next 'Aquaman' for Warner Bros."

The gist of the article is saying that because the general public has grown so accustom to superheroes, and are more willing to take a chance with an obscure or seemingly crazy/out-there superhero thing, the Legion have found their mass media opening. The article doesn't speak of any "plans in motion" or anything even remotely like that. All it says is that it's a good time for this, and they think the aesthetic Bendis and Sook have brought to it could be the final push to have someone in charge take notice.

This is relevant because Bendis actually retweeted this around the time it was published. Obviously, that doesn't mean anything other than Bendis being flattered that the site would throw such high praise at his new run. And it's very, very likely that Bendis makes "movie poster" comment because he was flattered and liked the thought of it.

But then again, this is today's day and age, and the big two (heck all comics and most novels really) are looking to make the jump to the big screen, and DC in particular could use something like this. I mean, the Legion is literally just a self assembled universe in just one movie. And it even acts as a backdoor Superman thing since everyone is yelling at them for that. Plus, it lets them continue to do one-offs/self contained stuff like Joker or even more Wonder Woman and Aquaman without the need to make it a shared universe on that end.

It would basically be like WB getting to be an independent and competing cinematic universe built off one team like Fox was with X-Men. But in addition to that they'd also be like Sony was with Spider-Man where they'd be just focusing on individual characters doing their own thing.

There have been rumors of an HBOMax Legion show (granted, there's probably rumors of everything for HBOMax at this point), which might be more practical then a movie.

Yeah, that would work. I'd be all over that.

It'd also be a bunch more room to really get into the characters. It would basically be teenage Star Trek but with super powers and capes, and that sounds amazing.

But, I think I'd ultimately like to see a movie of it too. Just because I wanna see a Star Wars style visual feast with the Legion, and I don't want any budget to take me out.

Okay, so this likely means nothing, buuuut Bendis did post this on insta https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Xt4Jzpi8E/

Bendis: "Here’s the movie poster, I mean the variant cover to Legion of superhero issue four"

And before that hollywoodreporter made this article https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ure-dc-1264010 saying "Brian Michael Bendis and Ryan Sook's new comic could be the next 'Aquaman' for Warner Bros."

The gist of the article is saying that because the general public has grown so accustom to superheroes, and are more willing to take a chance with an obscure or seemingly crazy/out-there superhero thing, the Legion have found their mass media opening. The article doesn't speak of any "plans in motion" or anything even remotely like that. All it says is that it's a good time for this, and they think the aesthetic Bendis and Sook have brought to it could be the final push to have someone in charge take notice.

This is relevant because Bendis actually retweeted this around the time it was published. Obviously, that doesn't mean anything other than Bendis being flattered that the site would throw such high praise at his new run. And it's very, very likely that Bendis makes "movie poster" comment because he was flattered and liked the thought of it.

But then again, this is today's day and age, and the big two (heck all comics and most novels really) are looking to make the jump to the big screen, and DC in particular could use something like this. I mean, the Legion is literally just a self assembled universe in just one movie. And it even acts as a backdoor Superman thing since everyone is yelling at them for that. Plus, it lets them continue to do one-offs/self contained stuff like Joker or even more Wonder Woman and Aquaman without the need to make it a shared universe on that end.

It would basically be like WB getting to be an independent and competing cinematic universe built off one team like Fox was with X-Men. But in addition to that they'd also be like Sony was with Spider-Man where they'd be just focusing on individual characters doing their own thing.
    I just want to say that image is what has always kind of bugged me about the new Legion. The art in that link is great, and the costumes are not bad but honestly it really depends on the artist for how I am going to feel about their appearance because some artist can just do it better then others.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ha, I remember like, two or three years ago, some of us here were talking about the Legion being a viable movie property. No direct connections to the failed DCEU films, and it's Star Wars meets superheroes, which is the kind of one-line pitch any movie producer would be happy to hear about these days. Even WB would struggle to f*ck this IP up.

I really don't expect anything like this to happen, then or now, but it's fun to see Hollywood (even people on the outskirts) notice too. Even if it takes them a while.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, that would work. I'd be all over that.

It'd also be a bunch more room to really get into the characters. It would basically be teenage Star Trek but with super powers and capes, and that sounds amazing.

But, I think I'd ultimately like to see a movie of it too. Just because I wanna see a Star Wars style visual feast with the Legion, and I don't want any budget to take me out.
    Well, they're also doing Green Lantern for HBOMax which I'd say, if you're going to do the property right, would be in the same budget ballpark as Legion.