Page 536 of 613 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh, neat, so it's Leviathan that'll be fixing the city after all. It's kind of hilarious that they seem to be flying in an island fit right on top of the bombed out part of the city.

Looking forward to the new city of tomorrow. Though, I guess it'll be more like an "outpost of tomorrow" with the hope of showing the world what's possible.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

This is unexpected. Let's see where it leads. I didn't think Leviathan would be the one to build Metropolis: the City of Tomorrow, to what end is the question.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Is that thing flying? I had a long argument with @zeeguy about it in the legion issue1 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    This is unexpected. Let's see where it leads. I didn't think Leviathan would be the one to build Metropolis: the City of Tomorrow, to what end is the question.
    Yeah after the action comics build up I’m not really sure what Leviathan is after. Like they took over government agencies besides the New Suicide Squad I guess, unless that’s part of the time manipulation, and then...I’m lost after the identity reveal. Like I know he wants to remake the world because he’s dissatisfied with how things are but not really sure how he plans to accomplish that.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is that thing flying? I had a long argument with @zeeguy about it in the legion issue1 thread.
    Certainly looks like it but we’ll see.

Here's a funny thought: if the 60 year timeline is correct, and the present day in the DCU post 5G is 1998, then it's gonna be Y2K soon. This mean that once again at the turn of the century Metroplois is going to get upgraded by futuristic tech.

Last time it was B13.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Certainly looks like it but we’ll see.
    Huh! I think i become nostradamus or jayabaya or something. This kinda wierd coincidences keeps happening to me. I say something stupid and it becomes true. I hope we get leviathan vs us government . That would be fun.i hope clark gets stuck in the Middle. Personally, i wanted clark to be the one to make the city fly. I also wanted it to be a long form story. Maybe last 100 or 200 issue.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Here's a funny thought: if the 60 year timeline is correct, and the present day in the DCU post 5G is 1998, then it's gonna be Y2K soon. This mean that once again at the turn of the century Metroplois is going to get upgraded by futuristic tech.

Last time it was B13.
    1998? How is that even possible, they had a stand in for president obama during the new 52.

Well, the only real answer is that it doesn't work. All it really does is cause a distraction, imo. Personally I just wouldn't bother with dates. Doing that would be the best encouragement to just not worry about it. Assigning a specific date begs people to try to work out how it could possibly make sense when there is no possible way for it to make sense. That said it is just a theory right now so I won't hold it as another check against this whole thing until and unless it comes to fruition.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-07-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Romita Jr might not be able to draw cheetahs and gorillas, but he can still draw one hell of a cityscape
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Pva2mJ...=1d7e14q0k52ub
    City of Tomorrow now really looks like the City of Tomorrow...

(Now I'm starting to wonder if 5G will look too futuristic to work on past a temporary status quo).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    City of Tomorrow now really looks like the City of Tomorrow...

(Now I'm starting to wonder if 5G will look too futuristic to work on past a temporary status quo).
    I don't think DC cares too much about being "the world right outside your window". They're setting their present in our past, and they're apparently fast tracking the tech so that stuff like their version of twitter was made in the 80s. It seems like they're finally down to contemplate a legit world where a guy like Lex Luthor not only exists, but was also president for a time, and I'm here for it if that's the case.

It seems like it's going to be a DCU that'll have more in common with like East Of West or Game of Thrones than your average Spider-Man comic.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-08-2020 at 09:26 PM.

I don't think DC cares too much about being "the world right outside your window". They're setting their present in our past, and they're apparently fast tracking the tech so that stuff like their version of twitter was made in the 80s. It seems like they're finally down to contemplate a legit world where a guy like Lex Luthor not only exist, but was also president for a time, and I'm here for it if that's the case.

It seems like it's going to be a DCU that'll have more in common with like East Of West of Game of Thrones than your average Spider-Man comic.
    Which is fair.

DC seems to be testing the waters of how fantastical they can make their standard settings, although they won't have the standard casts attached to them necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    although they won't have the standard casts attached to them necessarily.
    And that's the tricky part for all the books. It's something legitimately new and intimidating.

I'm hoping everyone's strengths as writers/creators in general really come out on this one.

Side note: am I the only one who thinks the new leader of Checkmate/the Leviathan counter is going to be Lois? I mean, being a spymaster leader sounds like a tall order, but then you remember that over in Leviathan she was able to put together a team of detectives from all over the DCU pretty quickly, right? Also her dad was apparently an Amanda Waller level spy.

And last but not least, there's that stuff about the "blue snowman" her dad tells her with his dying breath, and to my knowledge that hasn't come back up in her book, so I'm lest assuming that's Checkmate.

That'd be kind of wild, huh? Clark as either the United Planets president or the president of Earth, Lois as the head of Checkmate, and Jon as the new Superman for 5G. Man, it's like a time skip in an anime lol

Side note: am I the only one who thinks the new leader of Checkmate/the Leviathan counter is going to be Lois? I mean, being a spymaster leader sounds like a tall order, but then you remember that over in Leviathan she was able to put together a team of detectives from all over the DCU pretty quickly, right? Also her dad was apparently an Amanda Waller level spy.

And last but not least, there's that stuff about the "blue snowman" her dad tells her with his dying breath, and to my knowledge that hasn't come back up in her book, so I'm lest assuming that's Checkmate.

That'd be kind of wild, huh? Clark as either the United Planets president or the president of Earth, Lois as the head of Checkmate, and Jon as the new Superman for 5G. Man, it's like a time skip in an anime lol
    Normally I’d say that would sound preposterous with all the government related characters who have been involved with Checkmate in the past but, and I mean no disrespect when I say this, it is Bendis we are talking about. I could honestly believe that if he wanted to he would write that story if that is the one he felt like telling.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.