Page 543 of 613 FirstFirst ... 43443493533539540541542543544545546547553593 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 9194

“Fixing” Jon is easy. Just say that once he is deaged, his memories are reset to the age he was before. “If he doesn’t remember it, it didn’t happen” is how Marvel handled Tony Stark Post-Civil War after all. But I don’t want to go back to the tepid storytelling of the last days of Rebirth. If Bendis gets booted off I want some new ******* blood, and I want what Bendis did to still have happened. Stuff like Clark founding the United Planets, Red Cloud & the Invisible Mafia, Lois and Clark having an unusual family life are all good ideas. And Superman simply can’t take another damn reboot at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    “Fixing” Jon is easy. Just say that once he is deaged, his memories are reset to the age he was before. “If he doesn’t remember it, it didn’t happen” is how Marvel handled Tony Stark Post-Civil War after all. But I don’t want to go back to the tepid storytelling of the last days of Rebirth. If Bendis gets booted off I want some new ******* blood, and I want what Bendis did to still have happened. Stuff like Clark founding the United Planets, Red Cloud & the Invisible Mafia, Lois and Clark having an unusual family life are all good ideas. And Superman simply can’t take another damn reboot at this point.
    If 5G still happens and everyone still becomes senior citizens for no reason.....well that combined with the secret identity and Rogol Zarr, well I’m sorry but BMB is pretty much forcing a direction where you’re pretty much gonna have to reboot to get things back on track. At least a soft one anyway. Like how else would you write yourself out of that?
    United Planets is the one good idea, and I still say scrap it and maybe try again with better foundation than the garbage that is Unity Saga.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-22-2020 at 11:13 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am okay with that. As long as they don't right jon calling clark "pa". Also, i would like clark and lois try to redeem himself if and with the kid's return. Also, keep the space and time travel for the kid. Just say, the kid did all the stuff and he didn't actually age.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    If 5G still happens and everyone still becomes senior citizens for no reason.....well that combined with the secret identity and Rogol Zarr, well I’m sorry but BMB is pretty much forcing a direction where you’re pretty much gonna have to reboot to get things back on track. At least a soft one anyway. Like how else would you write yourself out of that?
    United Planets is the one good idea, and I still say scrap it and maybe try again with better foundation than the garbage that is Unity Saga.
    Rogal has been all but dropped, it’s pretty easy to ignore him. And Didio getting the boot means 5G is probably not going to happen as planned. The Secret Identity is easily fixable, just go look at how Grayson did it. You can’t get people to invest when you’re constantly tossing what the previous writer did out. It’s crippled WW and it’s hurting Superman as well.

Rogal has been all but dropped, it’s pretty easy to ignore him. And Didio getting the boot means 5G is probably not going to happen as planned. The Secret Identity is easily fixable, just go look at how Grayson did it. You can’t get people to invest when you’re constantly tossing what the previous writer did out. It’s crippled WW and it’s hurting Superman as well.
    Yeah but it’s that or the next sucker is left with a mess. Plus even if you don’t throw in new twists into the mix and just change the protagonist’s backstory to get rid of an unpopular villain, undo recent developments to his sidekick/son, erase everyone’s memories of his secret identity- if it’s just those 3 things plus the potential big one which again is making him and all his contemporary’s go from senior citizens back to their prime- if it’s JUST that stuff. Isn’t that alone enough change to be considered a reboot?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-22-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Yeah but it’s that or the next sucker is left with a mess. Plus even if you don’t throw in new twists into the mix and just change the protagonist’s backstory to get rid of an unpopular villain, undo recent developments to his sidekick/son, erase everyone’s memories of his secret identity- if it’s just those 3 things plus the potential big one which again is making him and all his contemporary’s go from senior citizens back to their prime- if it’s JUST that stuff. Isn’t that alone enough to be considered a reboot?
    No because that stuff still happened, and it still exists. If someone wants to take a stab at developing Rogal, or using the Invisible Mafia, they can because that stuff is still out there. It’s no different from how over at Marvel, Cates has undone a lot of what Aaron did with Thor from giving him back his arm, to playing down his kingly duties, but he’s not saying that stuff no longer happened. If you’re going to be tossing stuff out you might as well toss everything out and start over. Trying to pick and choose is how we got into this mess in the first place. Al Ewing is taking a lot of dumb stuff Bendis did over at Marvel and making it fit together beautifully. That’s how working in a shared ongoing universe works, you have to acknowledge what the previous writer did even if you don’t like it. You can undo it, change it, or ignore it, but outright saying it never happened is a great way to mess up continuity.

But this is all a moot argument anyway. Bendis isn’t leaving any time soon, even with Didio gone.

No because that stuff still happened, and it still exists. If someone wants to take a stab at developing Rogal, or using the Invisible Mafia, they can because that stuff is still out there. It’s no different from how over at Marvel, Cates has undone a lot of what Aaron did with Thor from giving him back his arm, to playing down his kingly duties, but he’s not saying that stuff no longer happened. If you’re going to be tossing stuff out you might as well toss everything out and start over. Trying to pick and choose is how we got into this mess in the first place. Al Ewing is taking a lot of dumb stuff Bendis did over at Marvel and making it fit together beautifully. That’s how working in a shared ongoing universe works, you have to acknowledge what the previous writer did even if you don’t like it. You can undo it, change it, or ignore it, but outright saying it never happened is a great way to mess up continuity.

But this is all a moot argument anyway. Bendis isn’t leaving any time soon, even with Didio gone.
    I guess we’ll find out. But come on, even if Didio wasn’t out the door, wasn’t the plan going to get away from 5G, supposed to be jumping to another earth in a few years anyway? I gotta imagine these complications were on their minds.
    Maybe it’s just deja vu from how they wrote themselves out of Truth 1.0. But if things keep going as is. They’re going to have to clean up this mess one way or another. And nothing is sacred where dc continuity is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Well, no. Action Comics is way below the usual floor.
    If you say so. I don't pay super close attention but they dont seem to be too far outside the norm.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It was at 35,842. I believe, 40,000 is usually when they try gimmicks or change in direction.

Please detele post
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It was at 35,842. I believe, 40,000 is usually when they try gimmicks or change in direction.
    I'm in no way surprised by the decline. I love Sups (he is my second favorite superhero) but I can't bring myself to read Bendis' work. His ideas are trash, IMHO. This is the longest break I've taken in years and, frankly, I don't miss the comics. Several of my friends have also stopped buying Bends' issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm in no way surprised by the decline. I love Sups (he is my second favorite superhero) but I can't bring myself to read Bendis' work. His ideas are trash, IMHO. This is the longest break I've taken in years and, frankly, I don't miss the comics. Several of my friends have also stopped buying Bends' issues.
    Same.

Though I legit gave Bendis a shot, as I hadn't read his stuff before. I somehow made it through Man of Steel, but as soon as the news came out that Jon was aged up, along with Lois abandoning him in space and not telling Clark, I dropped it. The direction already was going in way I hated, and that was the cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Same.

Though I legit gave Bendis a shot, as I hadn't read his stuff before. I somehow made it through Man of Steel, but as soon as the news came out that Jon was aged up, along with Lois abandoning him in space and not telling Clark, I dropped it. The direction already was going in way I hated, and that was the cherry on top.
    I made it until August in September I thought "why am I torturing myself?" so I threw in the towel. I loved Bendis' run on Ultimate Spider-Man but this run has been terrible. I think he would have been better used on Batman or Nightwing. Bendis does best when dealing with street-level heroes, at least IMHO.

The art of the action book is also a factor in decline, along with not focusing on superman.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The art of the action book is also a factor in decline, along with not focusing on superman.
    Indeed, valid points