Page 545 of 613 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547548549555595 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wow, it never hit me till you wrote that how on point that description of his Lois is. Maybe that's why I love his take so much, that was the series that really made me love the character so much.
    Same here. I didn't put it together until now but yeah, there's a healthy dose of Durance in the mix, especially the Durance from the latter seasons, when things actually got good.

I mean, Bendis' early issues with Lois were bad, nearly as bad as his Damian Wayne. But he's improved a whole lot quite quickly.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Lois is at her best when she doesn't have a smug "I'm the best reporter" vibe. he may BE the best, but only because she out competes the others.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Lois is at her best when she doesn't have a smug "I'm the best reporter" vibe. he may BE the best, but only because she out competes the others.
    Indeed she is, or so I (also) think.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Been really looking forward to this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Aae3xhzOe/

Bendis' post: "Coming soon in action comics! I rarely do script peaks because I always change everything but I have so rarely been staring at a script I knew a lot of you were waiting for! The Superboys, Jon and Connor Kent, finally meet. The house of Kent! coming soon!"

Jon Kent: "So let me get this straight, I go off to the 31st century to join the Legion Of Super-Heroes."

Superman: "Jon."

Jon Kent: "And you go and get a new, cooler son??"

*Conner is confused and flattered*

Conner Kent: "Cooler?"

Jon Kent: "Well that jacket is fabulous!!"

Superlad's fresh-out-the-oven take: Easily the Best version of this exchange. The fact that Jon Kent's natural reaction to this new level of weirdness in his life is to immediately flatter and then complement his assumed 'replacement son' while feigning outrage is EXACTLY why this kid is fantastic. I just f%&king love the little dope.

Keep in mind, your opinion is wrong if you disagree.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The exchange just reminds me again how much I hate the concept of Kon as Clark's son. Love original Kon, and he was not that and did not want to be. I also dislike Conner being treated like his "real" name by those who know him well, because he didn't get that name until well after he got his first real name of Kon-El. I know it's a lost cause, but it's how I feel about it.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 02-25-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Mighty Member

Yeah, that is some terrible dialogue. It does not sound like Jon at all.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

...Why? Just, why?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, that is some terrible dialogue. It does not sound like Jon at all.
    Ok I'll bite, what's so bad about it?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

The word fabulous for starters. That sounds very not Jon.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Superlad's fresh-out-the-oven take: Easily the Best version of this exchange. The fact that Jon Kent's natural reaction to this new level of weirdness in his life is to immediately flatter and then complement his assumed 'replacement son' while feigning outrage is EXACTLY why this kid is fantastic. I just f%&king love the little dope.

Keep in mind, your opinion is wrong if you disagree.
    No, I am with you 100%.

Jon and Conner talking and *not* getting into a stupid fight? Sounding good so far.

Jon and Conner seeming to get along with the kind of weird brotherly dynamic only the Supers can provide? Looking like it.

Calling Conner's "trying to hard" jacket fabulous? Yes, that is the only correct word to use.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The word fabulous for starters. That sounds very not Jon.
    Exactly, everyone frequently talks (and acts) OOC.

Man, I'm so glad I dropped these books.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I was expecting a uncle-nephew relation. Not this nonsense . Now, conner is Clark's son. Since, when? The guy didn't raise him. Then why even have jon. Bendis is no good for jon. Sheesh! The guy is single handedly taking the character apart. What's next conner is Clark's sidekick?bad enough! The guy made jon do exact same story beats as superman and now forced his personality on him. Just end it already.Big whoop! Jon and conner didn't fight. Blah! Atleast that would have been entertaining.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-25-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I was expecting a uncle-nephew relation. Not this nonsense . Now, conner is Clark's son. Since, when? The guy didn't raise him. Then why even have jon. Bendis is no good for jon. Sheesh! The guy is single handedly taking the character apart. What's next conner is Clark's sidekick?bad enough! The guy made jon do exact same story beats as superman and now forced his personality on him. Just end it already.Big whoop! Jon and conner didn't fight. Blah! Atleast that would have been entertaining.
    Another good summary of a problem with Bendis' run.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    thanks to Bendis, Clark didn’t really raise Jon either.