Page 552 of 613 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562602 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 9194

And I jumped on that trolling for the opportunity at a fanboy shot of derision. I thank you!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And I jumped on that trolling for the opportunity at a fanboy shot of derision. I thank you!
    I am ever at your service, kind sir!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't been reading Bendis' Legion, but maybe Brainy is a big fan of the House of El/Kent Family and goes back in time to meet them with Jon? Or Jon needs Brainy to take him? I dunno why people are jumping to boyfriend other then the belief that Bendis is going to make Jon gay.
    Maybe Jon has to be Brainiac's baby sitter?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't particularly care if jon is dating brainiac.What i do care about is how jon is written which has not been stellar.i don't particularly care for romance or drama. How come house of kent doesn't have lois? I can understand kara not being there. but still, The family is not complete.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well, there does *seem* (it's unclear right now) to be a hint of queer romance in the air coming Brainiac 5's way from some Legionnaire in the near future.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9bB_p_p...=1eko8msv60asf

Bendis: "Chameleon boy blushes" #brainiac five is stealing this book #did not see that coming
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-07-2020 at 10:00 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well, there does *seem* (it's unclear right now) to be a hint of queer romance in the air coming Brainiac 5's way from some Legionnaire in the near future.

Bendis: "Chameleon boy blushes" #brainiac five is stealing this book #did not see that coming
    *sigh* Bendis sounds exactly like some of the really bad fanfic writers out there. Gushing over his own writing and all.

Never mind.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-07-2020 at 10:17 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If Bendis is going to change pull another Iceman, that's going to upset the Supergirl/Brainiac 5 shippers for sure. There's been a history of romantic tension between Supergirl and Brainiac 5 in the comics so if Bendis is going to change that, I guarantee there will be backlash. It probably won't go down as badly as when Bendis made Iceman gay but it's another example of Bendis turning a straight character gay rather than creating an original character who prefers the company of the same sex.

Also if Bendis tries to make Brainiac 5 and Jon a couple, I will be genuinely furious. And that will have a fan backlash equal to the Iceman being gay retcon.

I haven't been reading Bendis' Legion, but maybe Brainy is a big fan of the House of El/Kent Family and goes back in time to meet them with Jon? Or Jon needs Brainy to take him? I dunno why people are jumping to boyfriend other then the belief that Bendis is going to make Jon gay.
    Bendis made past and present Iceman gay in his X-Men run out of absolutely nowhere and it's still one of the most controversial retcons in modern Marvel history. So there is a precedent for Bendis doing this. I hope to high heaven he doesn't because Jon will be ruined by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

So I take it Brainy pays him a compliment and Cham's blushing just makes his face less clear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Bendis made past and present Iceman gay in his X-Men run out of absolutely nowhere and it's still one of the most controversial retcons in modern Marvel history. So there is a precedent for Bendis doing this. I hope to high heaven he doesn't because Jon will be ruined by this.
    It didn't come out of nowhere, it was just a case of subtext and fan theories that Bendis capitalized on (not that he ended up doing much with it).

So I take it Brainy pays him a compliment and Cham's blushing just makes his face less clear?

It didn't come out of nowhere, it was just a case of subtext and fan theories that Bendis capitalized on (not that he ended up doing much with it).
    This is honestly the first I've heard of fan theories about Iceman being gay. In the original comic, it's just young Jean Grey reads young Bobby's mind and suddenly tells him he's gay which he eventually accepts and then they tell present Bobby about this down the line. A lot of fans felt the retcon came out of nowhere and was more of a shock value gimmick than an organic change in Bobby's character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Brainiac-5 could be queer without being homosexual. He could be bi or pan or whatever, and still have dated Supergirl (and could date her again).

I also don't have a horse in this race because I don't give a crap about Jon, but establishing a sexuality for him will not ruin him. He hasn't been around long enough for this to upset any apple carts. Unless you mean specifically pairing him with Brainy?

Knowing what we know at the moment, my guess is that this has to do with the big secret Brainy will reveal that makes a Legionnaire quit in issue #7.

I think Jon's going to be the Legionnaire that "quits" because Brainy's going to tell him that history says Metropolis is devastated by an all out attack to assassinate his father. Given the fact that Brainy is introduced to us in this continuity making a rather large history changing blunder (back during the forming of the UP in Superman), I think it's keeping within that characterization that he lets it slip what's going to happen to Jon's home while he's away.

Brainy tells Jon that he can't help stop it, and Jon being Jon goes regardless, thus Brainy has to go with Jon to clean up the mess he's made of things and try to alter history anymore.

And this being time travel means that Jon will be back in time for issue 8 of Legion while still being in however many issues House of Kent is. They'll likely even tease the outcome in Legion like Bendis likes to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Brainiac-5 could be queer without being homosexual. He could be bi or pan or whatever, and still have dated Supergirl (and could date her again).

I also don't have a horse in this race because I don't give a crap about Jon, but establishing a sexuality for him will not ruin him. He hasn't been around long enough for this to upset any apple carts. Unless you mean specifically pairing him with Brainy?
    Given that Brainy isn't human, I'd actually be a little sad if Bendis does something with his sexuality only for him to fit inside one of our own definitions. I mean, the kid's an alien raised on an alien world in the deep future. For all we know he might look at a toaster or a ferret and think "yeah baby, work it!"
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.