Page 554 of 613 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 9194

Yeah but now he's seeing what it's like in the 31st century.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

No. I honestly don't even think Jon and Lor even exchanged words till Bendis. Anything dealing with the Zod family taking over that alien world and calling it New Krypton was dealt with in the Green Lantern book Jurgens was writing.

Plus, the New Krypton being talked about in the solicit is likely the outgrowth of the outpost planet awarded to the Zod family by the newly formed United Planets as reparations for what happened to Krpton because of the Circle. That was in issue 15 of Superman. We see how far along Zod has gotten with the building of the world in issue 17 of Superman.

What I'm most interested in knowing is who is this New Krypton populated by? Or frankly how Zod populated it? Having a New Krypton in the 31st century really opens up a lot of possibility.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I wonder what happened to the house of zod. Lor zod never felt like a character who grow to bow to his father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    No. I honestly don't even think Jon and Lor even exchanged words till Bendis. Anything dealing with the Zod family taking over that alien world and calling it New Krypton was dealt with in the Green Lantern book Jurgens was writing.

Plus, the New Krypton being talked about in the solicit is likely the outgrowth of the outpost planet awarded to the Zod family by the newly formed United Planets as reparations for what happened to Krpton because of the Circle. That was in issue 15 of Superman. We see how far along Zod has gotten with the building of the world in issue 17 of Superman.

What I'm most interested in knowing is who is this New Krypton populated by? Or frankly how Zod populated it? Having a New Krypton in the 31st century really opens up a lot of possibility.
    It was being set up and foreshadowed . He didn't get to developed it. It was something of a background theme in superman revenge squad and superman's trip to future.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-09-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Lor's pretty loyal to his dad in both Jurgen's and Bendis' takes so far.

That does raise the question: what will the House of Zod be like in 5G?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It was being set up and foreshadowed . He didn't get to developed it. It was something of a background theme in superman revenge squad and superman's trip to future.
    You can argue it was implied in the same way you assume the little boy on one team will fight the little boy on another, but outside of that general implication one can't really say much else.

Lor's pretty loyal to his dad in both Jurgen's and Bendis' takes so far.

That does raise the question: what will the House of Zod be like in 5G?
    He wasn't loyal. He was just buying time, till he could take over.

You can argue it was implied in the same way you assume the little boy on one team will fight the little boy on another, but outside of that general implication one can't really say much else.
    Lor-zod hates kents cause clark kept lor-zod in phantom zone. He didn't have a father growing up and hated the Phantom zone.They were contrasting the kents with zods.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-10-2020 at 12:42 AM.

It's a clear possible future and not necessarily indicative of what the character is currently or was currently feeling, but it's fair to assume that could've been where Jurgen's may have wanted to take it in the present.

I don't recall Lor expressing any any hate for the Kents, but that could've been touched on in the possible future story.

In any case, I'm personally good if we leave the idea of the basic rivalry alone. I find the outgrowth of the peace after the unity Saga to be really interesting. There's a slight tension under it that I like.

Maybe Zod was reading Kirkman's Invincible while on earth and has decided to take a page from Thragg's book about repopulation?

My first guess honestly is cloning. It's easily accessible technology in the DCU and given Krypton's history with clones it'd be a rather intriguing conflict; Zod repopulating his people but in a way they'd have considered a grave sin, forcing the question of whether it was better to be extinct than something they once hated.

Or Zod may have brought some Daxamites to New Krypton. Again, it'd be a interesting cycle with them being a Kryptonian colony and returning "home." And they're using Daxam in the current JL arc, which might be planned overlap, and Bendis of course is using Daxam in the Legion.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Maybe Zod was reading Kirkman's Invincible while on earth and has decided to take a page from Thragg's book about repopulation?

My first guess honestly is cloning. It's easily accessible technology in the DCU and given Krypton's history with clones it'd be a rather intriguing conflict; Zod repopulating his people but in a way they'd have considered a grave sin, forcing the question of whether it was better to be extinct than something they once hated.

Or Zod may have brought some Daxamites to New Krypton. Again, it'd be a interesting cycle with them being a Kryptonian colony and returning "home." And they're using Daxam in the current JL arc, which might be planned overlap, and Bendis of course is using Daxam in the Legion.
    Now I wonder what Kryptonian/Daxamite hybrids would be like...

Over in Batman/Superman Willamson has Zod dunk the Kandorians in a Lazarus Pit. The next issue might have them restored to normal and they’ll go live with Zod.

Thragg's book about repopulation?
    In issue 15 Kara did say he'd need to have a lot of babies

Zod repopulating his people but in a way they'd have considered a grave sin, forcing the question of whether it was better to be extinct than something they once hated.
    Why not take it a step further? We never did find out how Jor-El created Rogol Zaar, did we? Maybe that's the method? The creature that destroyed Krypton acting as a blueprint to its rebirth? Zaar and and a lot of Jor-El stuff are still plot threads out there.

Or Zod may have brought some Daxamites to New Krypton.
    This could also work. We are getting a lot of Daxamite stuff right now. I haven't been following JL too closely, but do Daxamites now have different looking eyes when compared to Kryptonians, or was that the result of Eradicator's manipulation? I couldn't tell because Sodam Yet didn't seem to be under Eradicator's control, but he had similar eye color to his fellow Daxamites that were.

So, bendis will not be writing jon kent superman for the first time. He will be in dceased 2.i hope he survives.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So, bendis will not be writing jon kent superman for the first time. He will be in dceased 2.i hope he survives.
    Jon was always in the first dceased by the way.

Why not take it a step further? We never did find out how Jor-El created Rogol Zaar, did we? Maybe that's the method? The creature that destroyed Krypton acting as a blueprint to its rebirth? Zaar and and a lot of Jor-El stuff are still plot threads out there.
    Oohhh, good call. Somebody give this man a job at DC please?

This could also work. We are getting a lot of Daxamite stuff right now. I haven't been following JL too closely, but do Daxamites now have different looking eyes when compared to Kryptonians, or was that the result of Eradicator's manipulation? I couldn't tell because Sodam Yet didn't seem to be under Eradicator's control, but he had similar eye color to his fellow Daxamites that were.
    It looks like they have different eyes now. From what I can tell Yat has the same look as the soldiers but isn't part of Eradicator's genetic experiments.

Pretty sure it's just artistic license.

~ Black Panther.

Oohhh, good call. Somebody give this man a job at DC please?
    Ha! Thanks, but to be fair, I didn't think that up out of thin air. I'm sure Bendis has something cool in mind.

It looks like they have different eyes now. From what I can tell Yat has the same look as the soldiers but isn't part of Eradicator's genetic experiments.

Pretty sure it's just artistic license.
    The interesting thing about that is the fact that we've seen Mon-El, and he doesn't have the different eyes like the Daxamites (likely all of them given the fact that Yat wasn't part of the experiments) in present day, so I'm wondering if that doesn't all but confirm Mon-El's hinted at (in issue 3 of Legion) linage, and maybe even Zod's plans for re population?