Page 555 of 613 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Some stunning line work from Sook for issue 6 of Legion

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9jimtsplEC/

Also, Bendis says "Coming soon in Legion of superheroes issue six pencil art by the incomparable @rsookart #legionofsuperheroes #longlivethelegion spent most of yesterday putting together what might be one of the most stunning #legionofsuperheroes projects ever. Details to come! #addictedtojamprojects"

It's the last bit in bold that really interest me. Bendis seems to be hinting at a collaborative Legion special coming up that's in the same mold as the Superman: Heroes and Villains specials we've had. Makes sense that he'd tag the post with "addicted to jam projects". This also lines up with a tweet he sent out around when issue 1 or 2 of Legion came out saying that he's working on getting together something akin to a classic who's who for the Legion. Could be the same project?

Similar to how it worked in Superman, it would keep space free in the main book for him to continue of uninterrupted, but it would also allow for all of the small interactions and some of the answered questions and further world building.

As far as books that would only be helped by accompanying specials, Legion as a concept is always at the top of the list. Wonder if it's gonna be all him on writing, or if he'll get Fraction and maybe some Wonder Comics collaborators in on this?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The interesting thing about that is the fact that we've seen Mon-El, and he doesn't have the different eyes like the Daxamites (likely all of them given the fact that Yat wasn't part of the experiments) in present day, so I'm wondering if that doesn't all but confirm Mon-El's hinted at (in issue 3 of Legion) linage, and maybe even Zod's plans for re population?
    Maybe, but this is happening in JL with a new writer and artist, and who knows if they've communicated with Bendis about Daxam? JL looks like it's just in a holding pattern until Metal 2, so while this *might* have been done on purpose, I'm pretty sure it's just artistic license trying to make the Daxamites look a little alien.

DC struggles enough with continuity within a family of titles (look at Kara's story in Villains one-shot, though that might've just been the infection talking). I think it's giving them too much credit to think they coordinated that closely between Legion and League.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think it's giving them too much credit to think they coordinated that closely between Legion and League.
    To be fair, the Justice League title as it is now has already referenced Clark coming forward with his identity, and strongly implied Wonder Woman's status as first superhero, so I wouldn't say there isn't communicating going on regarding this title.

Not really saying that's anything definitive though.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

That's true. But I feel like referencing a few major storylines happening right now isn't the same as foreshadowing some weird Daxam eye color thing that probably won't even factor into the JL title at all.

You could be right though. I'd like for you to be right. It'd be super cool if DC was that well coordinated.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Since Bendis couldn't go to Wonder Con this year he did his own AMA over IG, and we've got a few interesting Superman and Wonder Comics related answers out of it.

Q: "Will you add #Supergirl into your comics now that her current comic run was cancelled by @dccomics?"

Bendis: "yes! see action comics: the house of kent"

Q: "Cried tears of joy seeing Cissie in this week’s Young Justice. Any chance we will see Anita/Empress in the future?"

Bendis: "allow me to not answer any young justice questions until after next issue. Fair?"

Q: "Are there any plans/discussions on you doing a book for DC Black Label?"

Bendis: "yes. In fact that was one of the first things I was going to do when I got here but I got so distracted by wonder comics."

Q: "If you were to add another character to your Wonder Comics line-up, what would it be? Not saying that it would happen or what is most likely to happen, but what would be the most fun character to play with"

Bendis: "well we are . So stay tuned..."

Q: "Love your work civil war ll and spiderman those are some of my favorites also for legion of superheroes are there some big plans for them this year like maybe some sort of big crossover or tie in event. Also are there any issues we should be looking out for like a special cover or introducing some new characters"

Bendis: "lots of special stuff coming. For Legion. Issues eight and nine are about to be one of the most ambitious crazy stunts we’ve ever tried to pull. I’m taking full advantage of everyone being stuck home and always wanting to draw the Legion. Wait to you see what we have for you."

Q: "What is Jinny Hex's relationship with Chastity Hex?"

Bendis: "nice call!! Stay tuned"

Q: "is naomi getting her codename soon?"

Bendis: "see season two :-)"

Q: "Is Naomi in legion of superheroes?"

Bendis: "No"

Q: "Hi ! You were my starting point to comics world with Ultimate Spider-Man, so first thanks for that ! Now with DC will you go into darker territory, writing characters like swamp-thing or phantom stranger ?"

Bendis: "checkmates going to get preeeeeetty noir."

Q: "Was recently reading the new Miles Morales omnibus, Miles and Gwen end up jumping around universes. One universe they appear in seems to be Metropolis like with a red streak in the sky. Was this a subtle hint about you on joining DC and writing Superman?"

Bendis: "it must’ve been on my mind on some level :-)"

Q: "Will we get to see some of Superman’s more traditional rogues like Parasite, Metallo, and Mr Myxyzpitlik in your Superman run? Love your Superman run by the way!"

Bendis: "yes but I have been so excited about creating new characters. Particularly new antagonist and villains for Superman because like Iron Man he could use some new ones. Not saying mine are better. Not at all. But without trying you can’t find out. The next coming three issues of superman debut two brand new villains"

Q: "Every time I read your Superman issues, I can feel his genuine compassion for others. His empathy pours off the page. How did you develop your take on Clark’s voice? And how has that process compared to developing the voices of other characters known for being kind-hearted, such as Peter Parker or Miles Morales?"

Bendis: "compassion is similar to each character. But I guess it’s where it comes from. with Peter it came from a stressful place, with Clark it comes from a more peaceful place. Just consider how they grew up even though they are both orphans. One on the busy streets of queens, the other a Kansas farm. That is a completely different lifestyle and mindset in which to infuse a person’s worldview."

Q: "With Superman revealing his secret identity to the world, what will the new dangers be now that his enemies know who he is moving forward? Also I loved Man of Steel and love all the new stories including Legion of Superheroes"

Bendis: "every issue were going to unfold new complications in the truth storyline. People who read superman this week were very surprised. Like the real world, it’s not gonna necessarily go the way you think :-)"

Q: "Due to the surprise ending of LoSH-3 I was wondering whether the “fun and being able to experience each other in a new and exciting way” was still upcoming for Jon and Damian and whether the wait time on that arc would be similar to the wait time like their initial reunion in Superman-16."

Bendis: "Jon will be bouncing back-and-forth between Legion and Action. There is going to be more chances for super sons than you might think"

Q: "So Jon will be Superman right? As told, Conner would still be superboy well jons superboy ?"

Bendis: "All Jon, Connor and other content kent related questions will be answered in the upcoming action comics: the house of Kent. All John Conner questions will be answered in terminator"

[I]Q: "Will you add #Supergirl into your comics now that her current comic run was cancelled by @dccomics?"

Bendis: "yes! see action comics: the house of kent"
    At least Kara will be around and the comics will hopefully ignore her umpteenth evil phase .
    Q: "Cried tears of joy seeing Cissie in this week’s Young Justice. Any chance we will see Anita/Empress in the future?"

Bendis: "allow me to not answer any young justice questions until after next issue. Fair?"
    I'm always wary of Bendis introducing more characters...although I guess it won't hurt if they're just there, do a cool thing, establish their character for new audiences or remind old fans about them, and then fade into the background.
    Q: "Are there any plans/discussions on you doing a book for DC Black Label?"

Bendis: "yes. In fact that was one of the first things I was going to do when I got here but I got so distracted by wonder comics."
    Bendis and Maleev seem tailor-made for Black Label.
    Q: "Love your work civil war ll and spiderman those are some of my favorites also for legion of superheroes are there some big plans for them this year like maybe some sort of big crossover or tie in event. Also are there any issues we should be looking out for like a special cover or introducing some new characters"

Bendis: "lots of special stuff coming. For Legion. Issues eight and nine are about to be one of the most ambitious crazy stunts we’ve ever tried to pull. I’m taking full advantage of everyone being stuck home and always wanting to draw the Legion. Wait to you see what we have for you."
    Hopefully not crazy on the level of Civil War II.
    Q: "Hi ! You were my starting point to comics world with Ultimate Spider-Man, so first thanks for that ! Now with DC will you go into darker territory, writing characters like swamp-thing or phantom stranger ?"

Bendis: "checkmates going to get preeeeeetty noir."
    Well, it is drawn by Maleev. I guess they're going for spy noir?
    Q: "Was recently reading the new Miles Morales omnibus, Miles and Gwen end up jumping around universes. One universe they appear in seems to be Metropolis like with a red streak in the sky. Was this a subtle hint about you on joining DC and writing Superman?"

Bendis: "it must’ve been on my mind on some level :-)"
    Look at all those Marvel references in Young Justice. I'm surprised when people are able to get away with this stuff now.
    Q: "Will we get to see some of Superman’s more traditional rogues like Parasite, Metallo, and Mr Myxyzpitlik in your Superman run? Love your Superman run by the way!"

Bendis: "yes but I have been so excited about creating new characters. Particularly new antagonist and villains for Superman because like Iron Man he could use some new ones. Not saying mine are better. Not at all. But without trying you can’t find out. The next coming three issues of superman debut two brand new villains"
    Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia have potential but then there's Rogol Zaar...so I'm not sure about Bendis' track record with new villains. Even with Iron Man he only really did the Technogolem and she's dropped off the Marvel Universe when Bendis left. Superman's classic Rogues don't need the Wonder Woman problem of writers never doing anything with them. I'd rather more Livewire then a new villain.

I actually think Bendis could write a good Mxy storyline.
    Q: "Every time I read your Superman issues, I can feel his genuine compassion for others. His empathy pours off the page. How did you develop your take on Clark’s voice? And how has that process compared to developing the voices of other characters known for being kind-hearted, such as Peter Parker or Miles Morales?"

Bendis: "compassion is similar to each character. But I guess it’s where it comes from. with Peter it came from a stressful place, with Clark it comes from a more peaceful place. Just consider how they grew up even though they are both orphans. One on the busy streets of queens, the other a Kansas farm. That is a completely different lifestyle and mindset in which to infuse a person’s worldview."
    So Bendis was able to wrap his head around Superman's perspective and life and how that would inform his character and how he speaks. Cool.
    Q: "With Superman revealing his secret identity to the world, what will the new dangers be now that his enemies know who he is moving forward? Also I loved Man of Steel and love all the new stories including Legion of Superheroes"

Bendis: "every issue were going to unfold new complications in the truth storyline. People who read superman this week were very surprised. Like the real world, it’s not gonna necessarily go the way you think :-)"
    As in "not end badly?"
    Q: "Due to the surprise ending of LoSH-3 I was wondering whether the “fun and being able to experience each other in a new and exciting way” was still upcoming for Jon and Damian and whether the wait time on that arc would be similar to the wait time like their initial reunion in Superman-16."

Bendis: "Jon will be bouncing back-and-forth between Legion and Action. There is going to be more chances for super sons than you might think"
    I still say the Super Sons are dead, what with the age-up and Bendis' writing of Damian just kind of killing the dynamic for me.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Well, atleast there is robin's 80th anniversary for supersons action.Who knows maybe they will bring it back since didio is gone. Jorge jimenez seems to love what he was doing. I do believe there are people advocating for it. Legion is no replacement for supersons for jon.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-14-2020 at 10:03 AM.

The House of Kent comments, and Jon apparently bouncing back and forth between Legion and Action Comics has me seriously wondering if House of Kent will end up shifting the direction of Action Comics into a Superman Family style book similar to what Detective Comics was a little bit ago.

Bendis already confirmed that Conner would be sticking around Action for a while too, right? The shift in gears would be pretty crowd pleasing, and it would better focus that book compared to what it's been since after the Lois, Clark, and Jimmy Leviathan tie-in. I'd be down.

Jorge does the Super Sons better than anyone. Man that guy is a legit talent! I hope DC recognizes what they've got with him, and spoil him so utterly he never wants to work anywhere else!

Liking what I'm hearing about Bendis' plans too.

And I do hope we get some more Super Sons stories. Little Jon and Damian are a lot of fun. One of the cool things about 5G, at least potentially, is the ability to tell stories across a character's entire life, so there doesn't seem to be any real reason we couldn't have little Jon, teen Jon, and adult Jon all running concurrently in different titles or mini's.

DC's push into YA demographics and audiences, with new distribution models (like the bookstore OGN stuff) is also a perfect venue for the Super Sons. I think a YA OGN with little Jon and Damian would do quite well in that market.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully not crazy on the level of Civil War II.
    Sounds like it may have something to do with the Legion jam project he's got cooking.

Bendis: "Coming soon in Legion of superheroes issue six pencil art by the incomparable @rsookart #legionofsuperheroes #longlivethelegion spent most of yesterday putting together what might be one of the most stunning #legionofsuperheroes projects ever. Details to come! #addictedtojamprojects"

The House of Kent comments, and Jon apparently bouncing back and forth between Legion and Action Comics has me seriously wondering if House of Kent will end up shifting the direction of Action Comics into a Superman Family style book similar to what Detective Comics was a little bit ago.

Bendis already confirmed that Conner would be sticking around Action for a while too, right? The shift in gears would be pretty crowd pleasing, and it would better focus that book compared to what it's been since after the Lois, Clark, and Jimmy Leviathan tie-in. I'd be down.
    I think it depends how long this arc is. I think the Superfamily will probably be around for the entirety of the arc at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    DC's push into YA demographics and audiences, with new distribution models (like the bookstore OGN stuff) is also a perfect venue for the Super Sons. I think a YA OGN with little Jon and Damian would do quite well in that market.
    They already did a Super Sons book for that line, although I honestly didn't hear a lot of positive things about it.

I think it depends how long this arc is. I think the Superfamily will probably be around for the entirety of the arc at the very least.
    Agreed. I'd just think it'd be a great move to go in that direction full time for this book while also keeping the focus on the city (especially after all that's been happening to it).

In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

Cue Action becoming essentially a Jon title in the near future, and with the obligatory constant Bat presence in Damian. I'd be pissed if I were still picking up the main books.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-14-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Cue Action becoming a Jon title in the near future, and with the obligatory constant Bat presence in Damian. I'd be pissed if I were still picking up the main books.
    Action hasn't had superman to begin with for issues now. I will take jon and damian over leviathan.

Mighty Member

They already did a Super Sons book for that line, although I honestly didn't hear a lot of positive things about it.
    It did apparently sell well though.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers