Page 561 of 613 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565571611 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 9194

I think one big age up for a huge time skip for 5G would've been less of an issue than having two big ones not too far after each other.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That doesn't really sound like it was an option available. Just because Jon needs to go from 10 to 20 for 5G doesn't mean a 10 year timeskip works out for every other young character at DC. I imagine an initial timeskip was always a given. I'm guessing that was part of what made the "story puzzle" a puzzle.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Even so, someone else could have handled any possible age up in a better way than the truly boneheaded and highly problematic way Bendis handled it.
    That's another thing Lois and Clark have been buried as parents they look terrible! The age-up was gonna be hated regardless but the way he did it was just trash. Is 5G even still a thing? That makes all this even more pointless if it's not! And Bendis is full of Crap his Jon has no voice the epitome of basic OC teen protagonist absolutely nothing going for him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Based on a number of interviews, no, that doesn't seem to be the case. Apparently after Action Comics 1000 Super Sons (outside of gift they gave Tomasi to finish up his run), the family dynamic, and even Lois herself were going away as we knew them regardless of who wrote the books. The edict seems to have been to get Jon to young adult age by 5G. That would've required an age up before 5G anyway because Jon was only 10. From what I understand, Bendis floated the idea of Jon linking up with the Legion and starting the United Planets before becoming full-on Superman if it's already a destination he had to hit.
    Even if this was this case (which based on interviews I've listened to with Tomasi and Bendis doesn't seem to be) that doesn't make the whole affair okay from the Jon fan's perspective or make Bendis's story any better (and calling Adventures of Super Sons a gift to Tomasi to finish up his run is hugely inaccurate).
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Wasn't really the point of my post to presume if it was okay or not for a section of a fandom.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Wasn't really the point of my post to presume if it was okay or not for a section of a fandom.
    Didn't say it was.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I haven't checked the comments. Is it that bad?
    Almost 200 comments, not one of them happy about Bendis' direction.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Almost 200 comments, not one of them happy about Bendis' direction.
    They are gonna have more with 5G because superman fans aren't going to take that lying down.If jon can produce that, imagine what clark is gonna do. Bendis is gonna be scapegoated with this run. I don't believe it was all bendis. I believe, it was didio's idea to get a kewl superman he always wanted. Yeeesh!

Its definitely not all Bendis. WB/DC was planning on replacing Superman regardless. He was just DC's choice to develop it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, he's said that a few times. To be honest, I do wonder if it would have just been better to have Jon go directly from a kid to a adult superman in 5G. Since Didio seemed to be set on that happening, I wonder if fans would have enjoyed that more.
    I don't think anyway they went about it would've made it much better.Didio,as was common with him,came up with an idea he loved,that most of the readers would hate, and he was determined to force it no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its definitely not all Bendis. WB/DC was planning on replacing Superman regardless. He was just DC's choice to develop it.
    Why they didn’t pick Kenan to take over for Clark baffles me. He’s a PoC character, an Asian hero which DC doesn’t have a lot of. He’s got a fantastic run under his belt. And as a foreign national he brings a different perspective to the table than Clark. But instead they chose to age up Jon but not age up Damian... just an utterly baffling series of choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why they didn’t pick Kenan to take over for Clark baffles me. He’s a PoC character, an Asian hero which DC doesn’t have a lot of. He’s got a fantastic run under his belt. And as a foreign national he brings a different perspective to the table than Clark. But instead they chose to age up Jon but not age up Damian... just an utterly baffling series of choices.
    Maybe they aren't looking for a poc. Instead, someone that looks and talks like superman,has basically morality and ethical core of a superman. Yet, is more flexible since there is no baggage and expectations. Someone who doesn't need contrived reasoning for simple questions like superman does and can appeal to modern audiences.And i am not talking about the continuity here. I am talking about the character itself.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So... is the 5G thing sounding like a change people are taking seriously vs some kinda DCYou?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Maybe they aren't looking for a poc. Instead, someone that looks and talks like superman,has basically morality and ethical core of a superman. Yet, is more flexible since there is no baggage and expectations. Someone who doesn't need contrived reasoning for simple questions like superman does and can appeal to modern audiences.And i am not talking about the continuity here. I am talking about the character itself.
    +1 Yeah, I agree.

Especially the "expectations" part because even when it's a reboot or totally new take on Clark people still expect certain specific milestones to be hit and function the exact same. See Man of Steel or the New 52. Claims of "not my Superman" get to be answered by the big wigs with a flat and direct "yeah, we know. That's the point."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    So... is the 5G thing sounding like a change people are taking seriously vs some kinda DCYou?
    If you mean from management, didio was taking it seriously. Now we don't know. i think there is some pressure from higher ups. I speculate WB wants this.As for fans, they are taking it seriously, alright. And that might be a problem. Yeeesh! It's safe to say even after all this time people want kid jon back. Furthermore, i don't they want superman replaced.