Page 563 of 613 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Snyder’s fights with Didio were precisely about him not wanting 5G to piggyback off his stuff (according to BC), so I don’t think that will happen.
    Assuming that was true, Snyder could've just been overruled by AT&T/WB/DC once DiDio left, because (also according to BC) they are backing 5G hard. Death Metal was originally intended as a fun love letter, but since initially presenting it as that, Snyder recently said
    "we wanted to do a story that was about the contortions in continuity, erasures of great tales past being lies, and Wonder Woman seeking the truth about a what to move forward with everyone --you guys too-- as one generational family."

I mean, along with the not at all subtle use of the word "generational", this sounds a lot like the point here is to be the direct result for the new timeline being made that leads directly into the Generations mini coming out.
    Forgot Snyder had this to say about the Generations one shots:

So who knows what the plan is post-Didio?
    Right, and coupled with what he had to say on Twitter, it sounds like working towards the timeline.

We even confirm (via art) that Manhattan-powered Wally will be showing up in Death Metal in some way
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-20-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Assuming that was true, Snyder could've just been overruled by AT&T/WB/DC once DiDio left, because (also according to BC) they are backing 5G hard. Death Metal was originally intended as a fun love letter, but since initially presenting it as that, Snyder recently said "we wanted to do a story that was about the contortions in continuity, erasures of great tales past being lies, and Wonder Woman seeking the truth about a what to move forward with everyone --you guys too-- as one generational family."

I mean, along with the not at all subtle use of the word "generational", this sounds a lot like the point here is to be the direct result for the new timeline being made that leads directly into the Generations mini coming out.
    Diana synching up with the movies is something I am expecting to stick. I think it’s a shame we’re ditching Rucka’s Year One origin in such a way that will mandate another origin retelling but so be it. It’s Batman and Superman being 70 years old or whatever that I’m expecting to change and I don’t expect the legacy heroes to planned to be permanent anymore.

Diana synching up with the movies is something I am expecting to stick. I think it’s a shame we’re ditching Rucka’s Year One origin in such a way that will mandate another origin retelling but so be it. It’s Batman and Superman being 70 years old or whatever that I’m expecting to change and I don’t expect the legacy heroes to planned to be permanent anymore.
    It's honestly just something we'll have to wait and see. The new boss that Lee and the rest of DC answer to seems to be a fan of relative consistency cross media, and Lee has recently been very upfront about the comics primary function is being the incubator for TV, film, and cartoons. And now we have the New 52/Rebirth inspired DC animated movies coming to a definitive end. And also Amy Adams confirming that she's not returning for another Superman movie, and that they'll be going in another direction. With all this in mind, and (according to BC) AT&T/WB are really backing this idea, I have to wonder how wide they're planning on casting this net.

Not saying anything for certain because what could I possible know, but there are some potentially big moving parts going on here.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Oh yeah I forgot there needs to be another origin retelling for Diana to account for her being over 70 years old and active as Wonder Woman since the 1940s. Diana being immortal is fine, I think it's been alluded to in other comics but her being one of the first superheroes alongside the Justice Society is going to be difficult for longtime fans to accept. I know I have my issues with this retcon.

God DC is just so maddeningly stupid. You're posed with a situation where in one corner at least some within the company like the idea of an older Superman who's evolved to have a wife and child. On the other hand you have those, within DC and probably on up high at WB as well, who wants Superman to be "cool". Youthful among other things and what-have-you. Basically the conundrum DC always has with a lot of their properties which wanting multiple conflicting ideas at once. The answer is simple, and obvious. Because a blueprint was created half a century ago. Not to mention that Marvel has taken DC's old concept and run with it in modern times to great success. You utilize your multiverse. Young and older. This applies to anything. POC Superman? Gender-bent Superman? Go nuts. Instead, they seem to have chosen an already much maligned idea of replacing Kal-El/Clark with his son, a character of whom his own fans hate everything going on as of late because of the changes that had to be made to him to get to this point.

Can Lee see the answers that are staring him in the face and if so would he want to--and would he be allowed to--back-peddle on this in time? I don't know. I'm not optimistic though. I think Operation Kill The Superman Mythos is still a go right now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-20-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well, each franchises could have have different needs. They might have wanted poc characters for a change for Batman. I mean, black panther was a huge success.
    This is more of a Sam Wilson/Riri Williams type chance then Black Panther.
    I guess the WW thing could be some mandating from up high to make it more in-line with the movies even though most fans didn't seem to be asking for it and it seems more to stick her with the JSA then anything else. I'm just not feeling much enthusiasm for it as a status quo change.

It's honestly just something we'll have to wait and see. The new boss that Lee and the rest of DC answer to seems to be a fan of relative consistency cross media, and Lee has recently been very upfront about the comics primary function is being the incubator for TV, film, and cartoons. And now we have the New 52/Rebirth inspired DC animated movies coming to a definitive end. And also Amy Adams confirming that she's not returning for another Superman movie, and that they'll be going in another direction. With all this in mind, and (according to BC) AT&T/WB are really backing this idea, I have to wonder how wide they're planning on casting this net.

Not saying anything for certain because what could I possible know, but there are some potentially big moving parts going on here.
    Cross synergy doesn’t really makes sense as a reason, these choices are at odds with what people will be seeing on the big screen and frankly are bizarre in some cases. Batman just got rebooted as Bruce Wayne again, there won’t be a chance to see Luke Fox Batman for years and frankly the odds of Luke being film Batman over Dick or Damian seem very small. There’s a new rebooted Batman game coming from WBM which will star Bruce Wayne. WW is going to be on the big screen as Diana either this year or next depending on when the lockdowns get lifted. Barry Allen will be the Flash. Jason Moama obviously doesn’t look like the Caucasian Earth 0 Arthur, but neither does Jackson Hyde (although I don’t predict much backlash for this one, Jackson has plenty of fans from YJ and him taking over makes sense). One of WB’s mandates is that Superman can’t be older than Batman (idiotic I know but the trades have been pretty consistent about that iirc). I don’t see Superdad happening, especially since like you said, Cavill and Adams are out, and those two were the closest we came to Lois and Clark being married in a film. So Jon isn’t happening any time soon in a film. Cross synergy as a reason doesn’t make sense imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot there needs to be another origin retelling for Diana to account for her being over 70 years old and active as Wonder Woman since the 1940s. Diana being immortal is fine, I think it's been alluded to in other comics but her being one of the first superheroes alongside the Justice Society is going to be difficult for longtime fans to accept. I know I have my issues with this retcon.
    Diana will be the most experienced hero on the JL which completely changes the power dynamic honestly. I’m not opposed to it, but I expect most writers will just ignore what Diana being around since WWII should actually mean and just stick with Batman being the leader which to me just defeats the whole purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is more of a Sam Wilson/Riri Williams type chance then Black Panther.

I guess the WW thing could be some mandating from up high to make it more in-line with the movies even though most fans didn't seem to be asking for it and it seems more to stick her with the JSA then anything else. I'm just not feeling much enthusiasm for it as a status quo change.
    Well none of us ever ask for synergy, the higher ups just force it on us.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Well, it would be a mistake to think jon kent superman can't happen without showing clark and lois. They basically say they died or something. They could also have clark be old along with lois and lose power. They Could then just replace the actors with two old actors. They would have a superman without baggage and all the qualities. Essentially, jon becomes wally west of superman franchise. Not that i am looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    God DC is just so maddeningly stupid. You're posed with a situation where in one corner at least some within the company like the idea of an older Superman who's evolved to have a wife and child. On the other hand you have those, within DC and probably on up high at WB as well, who wants Superman to be "cool". Youthful among other things and what-have-you. Basically the conundrum DC always has with a lot of their properties which wanting multiple conflicting ideas at once. The answer is simple, and obvious. Because a blueprint was created half a century ago. Not to mention that Marvel has taken DC's old concept and run with it in modern times to great success. You utilize your multiverse. Young and older. This applies to anything. POC Superman? Gender-bent Superman? Go nuts. Instead, they seem to have chosen an already much maligned idea of replacing Kal-El/Clark with his son, a character of whom his own fans hate everything going on as of late because of the changes that had to be made to him to get to this point.

Can Lee see the answers that are staring him in the face and if so would he want to--and would he be allowed to--back-peddle on this in time?
    Why did i read this in the old narrator guy's voice?
    "Find out in the next exciting episode of Superman vs WB!!!".I might be losing my mind.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-20-2020 at 12:30 PM.

To be fair, in the defense of WW being older and more experienced (one of the things in this initiative I’m actually in favor of), no one has any problems with Thor taking orders from Steve Rogers. And the likes of Batman and Superman have much looser leadership roles for the JL than Steve traditionally does for the Avengers.
    Though you might end up being right that it will end up being empty synergy that doesn’t end up mattering in the long run. We’ll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 04-20-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    To be fair, in the defense of WW being older and more experienced (one of the things in this initiative I’m actually in favor of), no one has any problems with Thor taking orders from Steve Rogers. And the likes of Batman and Superman have much looser leadership roles for the JL than Steve traditionally does for the Avengers.
    Though you might end up being right that it will end up being empty synergy that doesn’t end up mattering in the long run. We’ll have to wait and see.
    That’s because Thor isn’t much of a tactician. But the way that Scott Snyder story set WWII Diana up, she’s clearly being positioned as a leader of the JSA. Thor is mostly portrayed as a brawler who doesn’t really enjoy being in charge. That’s not Diana, she’s never been one to shy away from leading.

Well, it would be a mistake to think jon kent superman can't happen without showing clark and lois. They basically say they died or something. They could also have clark be old along with lois and lose power. They Could then just replace the actors with two old actors. They would have a superman without baggage and all the qualities. Essentially, jon becomes wally west of superman franchise. Not that i am looking forward to it.

"Find out in the next exciting episode of Superman vs WB!!!".I might be losing my mind.
    They’re not going to do that. They’re not going to have Clark be older than Bruce or have him die off screen. They’re not going to dump Superman’s son with zero buildup on the audience.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They’re not going to do that. They’re not going to have Clark be older than Bruce or have him die off screen. They’re not going to dump Superman’s son with zero buildup on the audience.
    Why not? This isn't ben affleck batman. A new batman is being created. They could put superman into the 40's or70's with jsa. I mean, i heard jsa is being put together. They could just have Robert Pattinson batman along with, a new actor as superman jon kent.

Cross synergy doesn’t really makes sense as a reason, these choices are at odds with what people will be seeing on the big screen.
    If AT&T/WB are thinking beyond Gadot, Momoa, and the scattered rag-tag bunch of movies keeping whatever interest there is in the movies as a whole alive --which I have to imagine they are-- then it seems to potentially check out, yeah. Getting the opportunity to reboot in films without having to acknowledge it as a legit "yeah, we screwed up, so lets do it all over again" is pretty key here.

Batman just got rebooted as Bruce Wayne again, there won’t be a chance to see Luke Fox Batman for years and frankly the odds of Luke being film Batman over Dick or Damian seem very small.
    I think this is one of two things. It either ties in with the idea of the movies running a sort of "Black Label" parallel where they can do eslewords and prestige pictures without having to worry about continuity. It's how Joker was made. Or, pretty simply and in step with the Wonder Woman model, it's a soft reboot all set in the past. From what I heard that was the original plan back in the day (to set it in the past I mean).

That leaves quite a bit of room. All of the DCEU films are sort of just doing their own thing right now, but we all know with them being the OTHER big name in superheroes that AT&T/WB are 100% looking to make the leap back into the shared universe game. But in the meantime, we're gonna get our meat and potatoes in the form of your Aquaman fallow-ups, Suicide Squad follow-ups, Shazam follow-ups, Wonder Woman follow-ups, Flash...thing, Black Adam...thing, and Bruce Batman stuff all staying on their sides of the plate till the comic book and cartoon movie incubators have had the space and time needed.

So for a while the sync wouldn't be there at all, but given the level of planning and apparent backing from AT&T/WB, they're more down for the long game with this shift.

* And this seems to check out with rumors on the comic side given the fact that we've heard that even during 5G DC will still be putting out stories of Clark, Bruce, and Diana's generation in their prime as part of either Black Label, the giant sized line, or possibly part of the normal line in some form.

If even a lick of this is legit, then this finally rivals Disney/Marvel's level of planning and stewardship that the industry and fans a like have marveled at.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-20-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Lol, okay when I wrote that I was annoyed, but now it makes me laugh.

"Meanwhile, at the Hall of Doom, the Legion plots their next method of making Sacred Knight mad..."
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Diana will be the most experienced hero on the JL which completely changes the power dynamic honestly. I’m not opposed to it, but I expect most writers will just ignore what Diana being around since WWII should actually mean and just stick with Batman being the leader which to me just defeats the whole purpose.
    Not to mention the dynamic with the Trinity is that they're usually peers, and I don't really see that changing.
    Well none of us ever ask for synergy, the higher ups just force it on us.
    This is giving me bad Marvel flashbacks. I ever tell you about how movie synergy helped kill good Marvel cartoons?
    If AT&T/WB are thinking beyond Gadot, Momoa, and the scattered rag-tag bunch of movies keeping whatever interest there is in the movies as a whole alive --which I have to imagine they are-- then it seems to potentially check out, yeah. Getting the opportunity to reboot in films without having to acknowledge it as a legit "yeah, we screwed up, so lets do it all over again" is pretty key here.

I think this is one of two things. It either ties in with the idea of the movies running a sort of "Black Label" parallel where they can do eslewords and prestige pictures without having to worry about continuity. It's how Joker was made. Or, pretty simply and in step with the Wonder Woman model, it's a soft reboot all set in the past. From what I heard that was the original plan back in the day (to set it in the past I mean).

That leaves quite a bit of room. All of the DCEU films are sort of just doing their own thing right now, but we all know with them being the OTHER big name in superheroes that AT&T/WB are 100% looking to make the leap back into the shared universe game. But in the meantime, we're gonna get our meat and potatoes in the form of your Aquaman fallow-ups, Suicide Squad follow-ups, Shazam follow-ups, Wonder Woman follow-ups, Flash...thing, Black Adam...thing, and Bruce Batman stuff all staying on their sides of the plate till the comic book and cartoon movie incubators have had the space and time needed.

So for a while the sync wouldn't be there at all, but given the level of planning and apparent backing from AT&T/WB, they're more down for the long game with this shift.

* And this seems to check out with rumors on the comic side given the fact that we've heard that even during 5G DC will still be putting out stories of Clark, Bruce, and Diana's generation in their prime as part of either Black Label, the giant sized line, or possibly part of the normal line in some form.

If even a lick of this is legit, then this finally rivals Disney/Marvel's level of planning and stewardship that the industry and fans a like have marveled at.
    I have my doubts WB has put that much thought into this.