Page 568 of 613 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 9194
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, but Final Crisis is back in play as per Snyder's Justice League, so at least he got to kill the next best thing with karaoke.
    Personally I'll take Miracle Monday over Final Crisis and I love Grant Morrison's take on Superman, it's just Final Crisis was kind of messy.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Noticed not to long ago that Bendis was kind of promoting Yang a bit on twitter, and also that he was promoting Superman Smashes The Klan (he even retweeted the trailer). Then he said that he and Young would've been on a panel together before the pandemic happened, and that they'd have had an announcement to make. I didn't jump the gun, so assumed that it's likely Jixword stuff rather than Superman stuff. But then he posted this.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...75144590032896

"I spent #NationalTeachersDay speaking to fellow teacher and #Superman writer
    @geneluenyang about comics and stuff. Stay tuned…"

I mean, not only does he single out that Yang is also a Superman writer, but he also posts one of his comics where Yang is talking about Superman. So, I ask you, would it be safe for me to assume this is about Superman?

Trying not to get my hopes up, but is he getting a book? Maybe an in continuity mini? Maybe Supergirl?? Hell, maybe he's co-writing Action Comics with Bendis?? Bendis is doing that with David Walker over on Young Justice.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Noticed not to long ago that Bendis was kind of promoting Yang a bit on twitter, and also that he was promoting Superman Smashes The Klan (he even retweeted the trailer). Then he said that he and Young would've been on a panel together before the pandemic happened, and that they'd have had an announcement to make. I didn't jump the gun, so assumed that it's likely Jixword stuff rather than Superman stuff. But then he posted this.

I mean, not only does he single out that Yang is also a Superman writer, but he also posts one of his comics where Yang is talking about Superman. So, I ask you, would it be safe for me to assume this is about Superman?

Trying not to get my hopes up, but is he getting a book? Maybe an in continuity mini? Maybe Supergirl?? Hell, maybe he's co-writing Action Comics with Bendis?? Bendis is doing that with David Walker over on Young Justice.
    What's the status on 5G?maybe, yang will be the one taking over after bendis. I mean, he did say he stayed on longer than intended. If that's the case a new character will be in good hands. I am sure yang will be able to land Jon kent superman.

I doubt that. This tweet reads like they're collaborating on something Superman related.

My money's on Yang relaunching Supergirl or co writing Action Comics with Bendis (like Walker is co writing YJ with Bendis).
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I doubt that. This tweet reads like they're collaborating on something Superman related.

My money's on Yang relaunching Supergirl or co writing Action Comics with Bendis (like Walker is co writing YJ with Bendis).
    I hope it's the earth1987 superman superman yang is working on. He has good handle on that character. Just imagine, silverage superman showing up on main earth. The man of tomorrow is back.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Thanks. I will wait for the first trade then. Because it looks like I will enjoy it more that way.
    One thing you could always do is purchase the single issues and hang onto them without reading until the story is completed. Personally I often wait to read my single issues and treat them like a trade but i dont have to wait the extra 3-6 months for the trade to hit.

I find myself conflicted.

Yang did good work with Kenan Kong, and his Smashes the Klan is one of the best Superman stories I have read in....maybe ever. But his main continuity run was not good. I know that it was hobbled by the Truth event, but Yang had a hand in crafting the story and it was never as good as I had hoped it would be, even from the start.

I think Yang might be one of those writers who doesn't work well with the confines of a strict continuity and thrives when he gets to do his own thing. So I'd love to get more self-contained Superman from him but the main canon? I mean, I'd give him a chance of course, Smash is too good for me not to....but I fear it'd be a waste of his talent.

Maybe if he got Supergirl or some secondary book he'd have the freedom to churn out some real quality. I dunno. After Smash I'll give anything he does a shot but I have some concerns.

And Walker needs to get off Young Justice and start working on Naomi season 2!! What the hell Walker? Forget the YJ kids, bring me more Naomi!!!! I'm going through withdrawals here!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I’d love to see Yang get another shot, I hope something is in the works. Either a main book or maybe another Wonder Comics spin-off for Yang to play with, like Humphries and Russel. I still want a Black Label Superman stand-alone book from Yang though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I find myself conflicted.

Yang did good work with Kenan Kong, and his Smashes the Klan is one of the best Superman stories I have read in....maybe ever. But his main continuity run was not good. I know that it was hobbled by the Truth event, but Yang had a hand in crafting the story and it was never as good as I had hoped it would be, even from the start.

I think Yang might be one of those writers who doesn't work well with the confines of a strict continuity and thrives when he gets to do his own thing. So I'd love to get more self-contained Superman from him but the main canon? I mean, I'd give him a chance of course, Smash is too good for me not to....but I fear it'd be a waste of his talent.

Maybe if he got Supergirl or some secondary book he'd have the freedom to churn out some real quality. I dunno. After Smash I'll give anything he does a shot but I have some concerns.

And Walker needs to get off Young Justice and start working on Naomi season 2!! What the hell Walker? Forget the YJ kids, bring me more Naomi!!!! I'm going through withdrawals here!
    Truth was terrible, I can’t disagree, but some of the blame for that falls on editorial mandates I think. I’ve enjoyed his Terrifics run since he took over the book from Lemire, and New Super-Man was great, so it’s not that it’s impossible for him to do well on the mainline book. I mean Tomasi’s Superman/WW was awful, but his proper Superman run was much better. I’m willing to give him another shot, especially since Bendis seems to be able to give his guys some protection from editorial. After Smashes the Klan, I just really want more Yang Superman stuff.

I actually would be interested in his take on Supergirl given we've seen his perspective on Clark but Kara has a completely different immigrant experience then Clark does.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually would be interested in his take on Supergirl given we've seen his perspective on Clark but Kara has a completely different immigrant experience then Clark does.
    That was what I was thinking too. We'll have to see how Bendis sets her up in House of Kent to get an understanding or at least a hint of what they new direction may be.

I wonder if he approached Yang, Yang approached editorial/him, or if editorial get this together. I mean, he had the ability to negotiate Fraction, Rucka, and Walker coming on and getting books on lines that he's the head of (Wonder Comics and Superman).

Out there thought: depending on how far away 5G is and if this particular version of the plan is still in play, Yang might be getting a stand alone Clark-Superman book set in Clark's past. Smash's success might even be what gets him the gig? The Man of Tomorrow comic and the stand alone comics like it being well received might be the affirmation for going in that direction while moving forward with 5G in the main line?

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

The 1 dollar price and the decongestion of the comic book market with only a handful of titles per week might be a bigger reason for the success of the digital line.

Plus the content is much more filling that the usuall digital book. Which seems much more decompressed than a regular print issue.

Very, very possible, if not out right true. But DC may end up reading it as a green light to move on their rumored idea of having a line of books where it's the classic heroes in their prime to counter balance 5G, and say "see, those guys are still young and around over here".

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

I would definitely be more open to a line wide 5G event if I know there will be classic quality content in the 1 dollar digital line.

So if DC makes the 1 dollar line a main stay, I am in with experimentation in the main line. I think Marvel really did it wrong when they had all their characters replaced by new versions without giving an alternative to fans of the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    I would definitely be more open to a line wide 5G event if I know there will be classic quality content in the 1 dollar digital line.
    This is the exact statement I imagine they're looking to hear.

That's likely why they're getting their most fan favorite writer at the moment, Snyder, to use the follow up to their most successful event comic and Justice League run in years to usher in their new controversial timeline, and by proxy 5G itself. This as opposed to the untested, and blatant "this is the end of normal DC as you know it" Generations mini written by not-Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yo that’s a great idea!