Page 569 of 613 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Truth was terrible, I can’t disagree, but some of the blame for that falls on editorial mandates I think. I’ve enjoyed his Terrifics run since he took over the book from Lemire, and New Super-Man was great, so it’s not that it’s impossible for him to do well on the mainline book. I mean Tomasi’s Superman/WW was awful, but his proper Superman run was much better. I’m willing to give him another shot, especially since Bendis seems to be able to give his guys some protection from editorial. After Smashes the Klan, I just really want more Yang Superman stuff.
    Oh yeah, I keep forgetting Yang is writing Terrifics. That's like, my favorite book that I never remember exists until I see it in my pull box each month.

I'm definitely down with giving Yang another shot, I'm just saying he's had much better luck and done a much better job on books that aren't as high profile (and thus as highly controlled) as the main Superman titles. New Super-Man and Terrifics are main continuity books, but aren't central to the DCU and management likely isn't as strict with them as they are Action and Superman. He's got more freedom, yknow?

But oh yeah, the man deserves a second chance; outside of Truth I think Ive really, really liked everything of his that I've read. And as far as Truth goes....from what I remember there was a big push when the thing started where the creators talked about how they cooked the story up, not management. Maybe that was just marketing or maybe it was true, I don't know. I do agree that somewhere along the line editorial stepped in and things got even more screwed up, but even the early issues of Yang's run weren't that stellar. Or maybe it just seemed that way when compared to Pak, who really knocked that first arc out of the park. I dunno. What I *do* know is that if Yang can give me more Super material like Smash, then he can write whatever the hell he wants.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bleeding Cool is now saying the Luke Fox Batman series is not happening, which leaves doubt about whether DC will continue to make Jon Kent Superman https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...an-5g-no-more/

Could be a different situation with how Bendis already been hinted at Jon Kent's eventual role change, but I wonder if Bendis will just keep writing the superman books as normal if 5G doesn't happen now.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If they aren't making jon superman. That means, this whole thing with aged up jon could be retconned. I hope it happens. Regardless, I don't particularly, care for this version of superman.I don't care what happens to him. Unless they rebuild the character entirely, in a different way.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-11-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bleeding Cool is now saying the Luke Fox Batman series is not happening, which leaves doubt about whether DC will continue to make Jon Kent Superman https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...an-5g-no-more/

Could be a different situation with how Bendis already been hinted at Jon Kent's eventual role change, but I wonder if Bendis will just keep writing the superman books as normal if 5G doesn't happen now.
    If it does still happen, I see it being made clear it’s temporary from the start, like DickBats in Morrison’s run. However Snyder has said the entire post 2020 plan for DC has changed:
    DC changed first. Dan [DiDio, former co-publisher of DC] left, and on top of that, the line changed in terms of what we were planning after 2020. …Everything has been fluid, but [Death] Metal has stayed what it was,” Snyder says. “The only thing that changed is the context. And what changed when the landscape for DC changed on the other side of it, and when editorial changed with Dan exiting, was just that we no longer had to be constrained by any timeframe of what was going to happen on the other side at all, so we got to expand.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/dar...dc-multiverse/

Basically any permanent replacement of these heroes isn’t happening anymore.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-11-2020 at 11:12 AM.

So wait, is snyder now speer-heading the new direction for dc-storyline as whole? Wasn't it reported that snyder hated that the characters were replaced and disagreed with didio?

It shouldn't happen at all at this point. It was the single dumbest idea in the whole 5G initiative and that's saying something. It would be mind-boggling if the worst idea for it would be the one that still happened, even as a clearly temporary idea instead of indefinite, its still something that will tank sales and shouldn't be done.

What they should do is bring Superman's Imra from DDC back again, starting a storyline about how she's part of this Earth's real Legion, they remember Superman but for some reason he can't remember them, and Bendis-Legion is something else entirely. Not exactly original, but wholly needed. Go even further and lead it into a sequel story: Legion of Four Worlds or something like that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-11-2020 at 08:22 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not surprised, they clearly had no faith in the idea at least since Didio left. Hope the Jon plans get scrapped too, but it looks like that might be the one thing that goes forward.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So wait, is snyder now speer-heading the new direction for dc-storyline as whole? Wasn't it reported that snyder hated that the characters were replaced and disagreed with didio?
    If you believe the rumors, yes, Snyder wasn’t on board with 5G. He didn’t want his event to be used to set up 5G and fought with Didio over it. With Didio gone it looks like Snyder won, and his event will be self-contained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It shouldn't happen at all at this point. It was the single dumbest idea in the whole 5G initiative and that's saying something. It would be mind-boggling if the worst idea for it would be the one that still happened, even as a clearly temporary idea instead of indefinite, its still something that will tank sales and shouldn't be done.

What they should do is bring Superman's Imra from DDC back again, starting a storyline about how she's part of this Earth's real Legion, they remember Superman but for some reason he can't remember them, and Bendis-Legion is something else entirely. Not exactly original, but wholly needed. Go even further and lead it into a sequel story: Legion of Four Worlds or something like that.
    I was cool with it as a temporary shake up like say, DC One Million, but permanently replacing the entire main line was insanely risky, and it’s not like DC had strong sales or even strong creative teams to set this up. Ridley Batman might’ve been interesting but with it not happening I can’t see the rest happening either.

The Legion “problem” is easily fixed: Just use Hypertime. All of the Legions are “real” and coexist. So Kal gets a Legion, Kara gets a Legion, Kon gets a Legion, and Jon gets a Legion. You can still have Jon’s Legion be the “main” one which crosses over with the mainline DCU, but you can also keep the other Legions around to use for the other Super-characters as needed. Plus we can just have Johns Secret Origin be canon instead of the current “well it kinda is but not totally” crap.

If snyder is speer heading this, the hope of jon returning increases. Snyder has written some good kid jon.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If snyder is speer heading this, the hope of jon returning increases. Snyder has written some good kid jon.
    Yep. Makes me want more Super Sons Garage Band.

If you believe the rumors, yes, Snyder wasn’t on board with 5G. He didn’t want his event to be used to set up 5G and fought with Didio over it. With Didio gone it looks like Snyder won, and his event will be self-contained.

I was cool with it as a temporary shake up like say, DC One Million, but permanently replacing the entire main line was insanely risky, and it’s not like DC had strong sales or even strong creative teams to set this up. Ridley Batman might’ve been interesting but with it not happening I can’t see the rest happening either.

The Legion “problem” is easily fixed: Just use Hypertime. All of the Legions are “real” and coexist. So Kal gets a Legion, Kara gets a Legion, Kon gets a Legion, and Jon gets a Legion. You can still have Jon’s Legion be the “main” one which crosses over with the mainline DCU, but you can also keep the other Legions around to use for the other Super-characters as needed. Plus we can just have Johns Secret Origin be canon instead of the current “well it kinda is but not totally” crap.
    That would all be fine with me except I would still think that Superman's Legion should be the main one. Its the one that fits most with the Super mythos of the main Earth, so it should be the main fare version, so to speak.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I’ve always hated hypertime, it’s so confusing and stupid to me. If you need to to have multiple legions, just use the multiverse.

I will be honest i don't particularly care for jon and legion. I was more interested in jon building his own cast. I don't think a version of legion, really counts as something truly jon's. I like the idea of jon being a man of tomorrow, but not this way(i would rather jon be a man of action, but that's not gonna happen ).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Anyone listen to this yet, a discussion between Bendis and Gene Luen Yang on Superman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9rq...ture=emb_title

Anyone listen to this yet, a discussion between Bendis and Gene Luen Yang on Superman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9rq...ture=emb_title
    Yang says revealing Clark’s identity was never his idea and he didn’t want to do it, but that he does like how Bendis is handling it. Haha I feel very vindicated hearing that, now I can totally blame Berengaza for Yang’s mainline Superman run being terrible. God I hope he gets another shot.