Page 579 of 613 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That could be a reason. Might also be that with Didio gone, some characters that they wanted to use in that book, but couldn’t, are now available.
    What characters do you think Bendis wasn't able to use?

Dick Grayson comes to mind.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Dick Grayson comes to mind.
    Yep this is the one I had in mind. Bendis wanted to use Dick in Event Leviathan (Dick would’ve told Lois and Clark the history of Spyral and Leviathan), but editorial vetoed that because it would’ve conflicted with Ric.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think there were plans for a return of some kind. Conner gets mentioned in Tynion's 'Tec run a few times while Tim is being held hostage by Mr. Oz/Jor-El. And finding out who Conner is/was is one of Tim's main motivations for leaving the Cave at the end of the run. If they had planned to erase him they wouldn't have mentioned him at all. The New52 had already erased this version of the character so if leaving Conner in limbo was the plan all they needed to do was not talk about him again.

I could be wrong of course, but the in-your-face absence in Reborn, Conner being mentioned in 'Tec, and a couple other hints/examples I can't quite remember right now imply that there were plans for Conner. Who knows what those plans were, it might've been a "we'll leave this hint here, just in case someone wants to use Conner someday" or who knows what. For all we know, if Bendis hadn't wanted to bring YJ back Conner might've stayed in limbo for years and years. But I do think DC had plans of some kind for the character, they spent too much effort name dropping him across a few different books for me to easily believe they were just gonna cut and run. But who knows?

As for Bendis, I've largely enjoyed his run but there's plenty of stuff I haven't liked about it too. I just pointed out that Conner's poor treatment wasn't on Bendis because the guy shouldn't be blamed for crap he had nothing to do with.
    Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Tim and the whole Mr Oz plot. So his erasure wasn't meant to be permanent, just that his existence was paused until someone had a story to fill in the gaps, then #1000 happened with still nothing in place until Bendis decided to bring back YJ or something.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Apparently DiDio had been shopping around and looking for a platform to bring Young Justice back. When Bendis got there and pitched the idea behind the Wonder Comics imprint DiDio offered him Young Justice saying that they'd work as the perfect headliner for the imprint, and the imprint would provide a great platform for them.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yep this is the one I had in mind. Bendis wanted to use Dick in Event Leviathan (Dick would’ve told Lois and Clark the history of Spyral and Leviathan), but editorial vetoed that because it would’ve conflicted with Ric.
    Hmm, that does make sense and Dick is supposed to be coming back with Joker war.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Tim and the whole Mr Oz plot. So his erasure wasn't meant to be permanent, just that his existence was paused until someone had a story to fill in the gaps, then #1000 happened with still nothing in place until Bendis decided to bring back YJ or something.
    Seems that way.

Far as I can tell, there were specific long-term story moments planned with Rebirth and we had a bunch of teasers, hints, and subplots put down for those things to play out....then stuff happened behind the scenes, Johns lost influence, and Rebirth shifted away from whatever the original plan was, throwing all those subplots into chaos.

I think Conner's absence was meant to be a bigger deal than it's turned out to be. The conspicuous absence in Reborn, Tim's subplot in 'Tec....I don't think these things were established just so Conner and his history and the reason for his absence could be explained in a random issue of Young Justice, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Which meant Spyral's Matron, aka Huntress, had to be used instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Take this with a grain of salt but supposedly an episode of Off Panel Podcast #257, which has now been taken down, interviewed Bendis where allegedly Bendis said his Superman run is ending soon: https://twitter.com/TheInspecter/sta...33434132619264

According to the tweet, the episode has been taken down because Bendis was too happy in the video and interviewer didn't feel it was appropriate to release the interview given the current climate. At the moment it's pure speculation whether Bendis actually said his run is ending but here's the podcast link for when it's uploaded again https://sktchd.libsyn.com/podcast/ca...michael-bendis

Sounds like his time on Action will be wrapping up first and then he’ll just be on Superman before that’s finished as well. When it’s all done, given the combined total of both series, he’ll have written over 50 issues of Superman which isn’t bad at all. If he is leaving soon I expect Jon will get deaged as well since that was explicitly a Didio mandate.

Just please for the love of God DC, put some ******* new blood on the books. Don’t put Jurgens or Tomasi back on, keep giving new people a chance. I’m ok with Tomasi having the Super-Sons again, but for the main books give Loveness, Russel, Latour, Priest, or some new blood a shot.

Finally some good news. Unless this is relaunching with Jon as Superman, If so Boo!
    Sounds like his time on Action will be wrapping up first and then he’ll just be on Superman before that’s finished as well. When it’s all done, given the combined total of both series, he’ll have written over 50 issues of Superman which isn’t bad at all. If he is leaving soon I expect Jon will get deaged as well since that was explicitly a Didio mandate.

Just please for the love of God DC, put some ******* new blood on the books. Don’t put Jurgens or Tomasi back on, keep giving new people a chance. I’m ok with Tomasi having the Super-Sons again, but for the main books give Loveness, Russel, Latour, Priest, or some new blood a shot.
    does Priest still work for dc?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 06-05-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Whatever my feelings are, even if this turns out to be true, would depend entirely on if the books would have to continue on everything he's set up and built, aside from whomever the creative team was. If his identity is still outed for instance, I'd still have to be out. If they still plan on making Jon Superman, I'd still be out. Wouldn't matter if it was actually Bendis writing it or not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt but supposedly an episode of Off Panel Podcast #257, which has now been taken down, interviewed Bendis where allegedly Bendis said his Superman run is ending soon: https://twitter.com/TheInspecter/sta...33434132619264

According to the tweet, the episode has been taken down because Bendis was too happy in the video and interviewer didn't feel it was appropriate to release the interview given the current climate. At the moment it's pure speculation whether Bendis actually said his run is ending but here's the podcast link for when it's uploaded again https://sktchd.libsyn.com/podcast/ca...michael-bendis

I dunno...it feels kind of early to me. But Bendis was a big Didio get and maybe changing management has other ideas and Bendis is just going to wrap things up. And then there's whether 5G in any form is still happening or not. Will Bendis put any of his genies back in the bottle? I think he's invested too much in them to do that unless another writer wants a cleaner slate.

50 seems like a sweet spot for runs at DC, even though I remember when runs would get to 100+...

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Finally some good news. Unless this is relaunching with Jon as Superman, If so Boo!

does Priest still work for dc?
    He’s doing some of the Death Metal tie-ins, the Death Metal Guidebook is confirmed to have him in it. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got another book post-Death Metal since we’re clearly getting another relaunch once that wraps up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Whatever my feelings are, even if this turns out to be true, would depend entirely on if the books would have to continue on everything he's set up and built, aside from whomever the creative team was. If his identity is still outed for instance, I'd still have to be out. If they still plan on making Jon Superman, I'd still be out. Wouldn't matter if it was actually Bendis writing it or not.
    With 5G being binned I could see another writer going in another direction, but don’t expect the next writer to toss everything out. They’ll probably have to start from where Bendis ends and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno...it feels kind of early to me. But Bendis was a big Didio get and maybe changing management has other ideas and Bendis is just going to wrap things up. And then there's whether 5G in any form is still happening or not. Will Bendis put any of his genies back in the bottle? I think he's invested too much in them to do that unless another writer wants a cleaner slate.

50 seems like a sweet spot for runs at DC, even though I remember when runs would get to 100+...
    I still think he’ll be on for at least one more year, but apparently he’s stayed on longer than he initially planned, so it wouldn’t be totally unexpected.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I can at least confirm that he did have an interview already rerecorded and set to drop this past Monday with Bendis (Bendis retweeted) This was tweeted out by them on the 28th. Then yesterday they wanted to remind their followers that Off Panel would be taking a skip week this week in a show of solidarity and support against the recent, tragic events.

Can't confirm if their podcast was already posted public for people to listen to for a few moments, but in the posted reaction tweet there were some people who said that it was being quoted on twitter, but no specific quotes were given. Those are the facts as far as I've seen.

If it's true, based on some past evidence, I can see why that might be the move.

Edit: I'd support Yang as immediate successor in whatever form was appropriate.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-05-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.