Page 582 of 613 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 9194
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm gonna just put a few facts here along with context.

Bendis' "stuck at home comic book reading list": https://www.ign.com/articles/brian-m...k-reading-list

You'll notice that he names Yang's Smashes The Klan in here.

Posted March 26th.

Bendis' "top 5 favorite Superman comics" list: https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/bria...perman-comics/

You'll once again notice that Yang's Smashes The Klan makes the list.

Posted May 28

Bendis and Yang Superman panel at Wonder Con: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...75144590032896

This never happened because of the pandemic, but before that Bendis added that there was going to be something announced at the panel.

Posted May 8

Bendis and Yang's one-on-one Superman interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWM-lxmovg8

They end up having their panel via video call, and as advertised it's about Superman. During the interview Yang shows that he's quite well read and up to date with Bendis' run, and he shows support for what he's done.

Posted May 13

Those were the facts, so up next is quickly my opinion/read. Bendis sure is promoting Yang quite a bit. If the potential news is true, then this reads like a baton pass if I've ever seen one. Yang has also just wrapped his book (The Terrifics) and doesn't seem to have any others from DC on the way.

I'll just leave you with this: would be kind of strange for someone to promote another so continuously if they were going to just clean away everything from your run.

The situation is potentially unique, and that'll all I'll say about that.
    Please, I can only get so excited. I really want more Yang on Superman.

Off-Panel interview with Bendis is up, I’ll try to listen and summarize it later if no one else does, but it will be a while until I get to it: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000476414603

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Superman 25 and Action 1025 details and cover art: https://www.gamesradar.com/a-new-ant...his-september/

Superman 25 will be a oversized issue with art by Ivan Reis. It will also feature the first appearance of a new villain villain called Synmar.

Action Comics 1025 continues House of Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gotta applaud you for sticking through Truth. Not even I, a New 52 Superman apologist, could stick through that.
    You weren't reading greg pak's action comics run duriung that time? That was some of the best moments of the new 52!
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 06-08-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Superman 25 and Action 1025 details and cover art: https://www.gamesradar.com/a-new-ant...his-september/

Superman 25 will be a oversized issue with art by Ivan Reis. It will also feature the first appearance of a new villain villain called Synmar.

Action Comics 1025 continues House of Kent.

You weren't reading greg pak's action comics run duriung that time? That was some of the best moments of the new 52!
    Nope, I bailed, didn’t read all of Pak’s Action until relatively recently. Part of what pushed me away was Doomed since around that time we had three evil Supermen: Injustice, Earth 2, and Doomed. It was just exhausting to read and Truth didn’t really hold my interest at first so I tapped out. Reading Pak’s run all together in the trades turned my opinion around and made me a fan.

Synmar seems a little "been there, done that."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Bendis leaving the Superman books are legitimate. No word on if this means both, but it's likely.

No word on when it'll be ending. Around fall I'd imagine.

All signs point to him continuing to stay on Legion and Young Justice.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Bendis leaving the Superman books are legitimate. No word on if this means both, but it's likely.

Welp there you go Bendis haters lol. I’m going to say he’ll stay on the Superman books until after Death Metal, so Superman can be relaunched along with Flash, Harley, and all the other books that are ending. If Bendis isn’t leaving Legion or YJ, then I don’t expect Jon to be deaged yet. That won’t happen until Bendis is done with Legion.

Uh, well...end of an era?

Bendis off the Super books? A step in the right direction I guess. Unfortunately, I figured even if he left those books, he'd stay on Legion and YJ.

For Young Justice that probably means more directionless shenanigans with his uninteresting OCs (Naomi notwithstanding) getting more attention than the YJ4.

For Legion...it means Jon's definitely gonna stay broken. Unfortunate. But at least his monopoly on all things Superman is being lessened some.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Any other important things to note? Thanks for listening for us

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Welp there you go Bendis haters lol. I’m going to say he’ll stay on the Superman books until after Death Metal, so Superman can be relaunched along with Flash, Harley, and all the other books that are ending. If Bendis isn’t leaving Legion or YJ, then I don’t expect Jon to be deaged yet. That won’t happen until Bendis is done with Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Bendis off the Super books? A step in the right direction I guess. Unfortunately, I figured even if he left those books, he'd stay on Legion and YJ.

For Young Justice that probably means more directionless shenanigans with his uninteresting OCs (Naomi notwithstanding) getting more attention than the YJ4.

For Legion...it means Jon's definitely gonna stay broken. Unfortunate. But at least his monopoly on all things Superman is being lessened some.
    I think YJ and Legion are going to depend more on sales then Bendis at this point.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Any other important things to note? Thanks for listening for us
    I'd be curious too, it's not letting me listen.
    Buh-bye

Well sh*t.

If Yang replaces him and DC leaves him alone, then great. Yang writes a damn fine Superman when editorial isn't f*cking him. But getting a good writer *and* letting them do their job without ruining the work? That's asking for an awful lot from DC.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think YJ and Legion are going to depend more on sales then Bendis at this point.
    They could also say that jon is future trunks version of jon and continue the series. Have kid jon return for some supersons action this time with actual direction and superdads in toe. Heck! I would love for the supersons to be part of the batman/superman book like jimmy and dick grayson used to be in the old days. That would be seriously fun. The world's finest with their sidekicks again.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Not really. It's just mostly just a pleasant conversation between Bendis and the host that takes us through his early days up till now.

The most noteworthy thing (as far as this thread goes) is just how casually Bendis brings up his run coming to an end. It's unprompted, and just casually dropped in and out of the conversation.

________

That said, if you were to ask me what else I personally found to be potentially noteworthy? At one point Bendis talks about how he's had to "hold off" on some things in his career/books based on whatever tragic events befall the actual world at the time, basically saying "maybe this isn't quite the time for this yet". With reverence, he cites 9/11 as such an example in his career/books. Obviously he's relates this to the situation with the pandemic.

Put that in whatever context you like, and draw your conclusions.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-08-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.