Page 590 of 613 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Unless this cover is misdirection, looks like the Jon and Saturn Girl ship is happening!

https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...949093888?s=21
    Didn't Clark kiss Imra once? Or maybe I'm thinking of Phantom Girl.

I'm not seeing it as an endgame ship.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Teen romances seldom are. Win, lose or draw, Sook's going to make every minute look gorgeous.

The thing is I don't think there are many superheroes today who haven't had an endgame ship that was established decades ago when they were relatively still new. E.g Peter and MJ, Clark and Lois, Reed and Susan, Bruce and Betty. Jon himself is a new character in his own right. Though I don't see this being more than your average teen romance.

I think it was Phantom Girl. Jon being with Irma would be funny, seems like he has a thing for blonde telepaths, between Irma and Kathy. Bendis has said he wants to shake things up relationship wise so we’ll see if he’s actually going through with this.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it was Phantom Girl. Jon being with Irma would be funny, seems like he has a thing for blonde telepaths, between Irma and Kathy. Bendis has said he wants to shake things up relationship wise so we’ll see if he’s actually going through with this.
    Could be a fakeout. I will laugh really, really hard if she kisses Jon and that intimacy lets her peer into his thoughts and she Icemans him.

Wouldn't be against the reveal (I'm totally down for bi/gay Jon Kent) but I would just absolutely howl in laughter if he doubles down on that really terrible method of dragging someone out of a closet like he did at X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    The thing is I don't think there are many superheroes today who haven't had an endgame ship that was established decades ago when they were relatively still new. E.g Peter and MJ, Clark and Lois, Reed and Susan, Bruce and Betty. Jon himself is a new character in his own right. Though I don't see this being more than your average teen romance.
    You could argue Nightwing and Starfire as Dick was shipped pretty strongly with Barbara before he went over to NTT and that pairing got a /lot/ of steam. While it has been decades, Dick was not new at all by then (roughly 40 years) and hadn't even transitioned to Nightwing yet so we can't use that criteria as well.

Green Arrow/Black Canary also got their pairing around the 70s but are from the 40s, so it happens, but the iconic pairings do still match the criteria you specified of being older.

I think the most recent one I can think of is Jessica Jones and Luke Cage over at Marvel?
    Last edited by Robanker; 07-08-2020 at 11:34 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Regardless, this thing with adult jon just isn't that good.Dceased just makes it that much apparent that Bendis's handling of jon is not even decent. I hope they do something good with the character or give him sustainable direction. Especially since, 5G seems to be bust.I personaly don't think this legion run is gonna matter to the character in the long run. Its just a pit stop.

Fantastic Member

Wouldn't be against the reveal (I'm totally down for bi/gay Jon Kent) but I would just absolutely howl in laughter if he doubles down on that really terrible method of dragging someone out of a closet like he did at X-Men. I hope not!! I hope Jon kent doesn't come out as being Bi/gay!!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If jon comes out gay/bi. Does that mean jon x swampthing is possible? Swampthing x superman was something i always wanted.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Could be a fakeout. I will laugh really, really hard if she kisses Jon and that intimacy lets her peer into his thoughts and she Icemans him.

Wouldn't be against the reveal (I'm totally down for bi/gay Jon Kent) but I would just absolutely howl in laughter if he doubles down on that really terrible method of dragging someone out of a closet like he did at X-Men.
    Heh, that would be funny if Bendis revealed that the same way. I'd have to assume Bendis enjoys the chaos he gets from fans, since there are so many better ways to do coming out reveals than what he did with Iceman.

Astonishing Member

All of this is pretty creepy if you think of Jon as being "really" 10 years old. After all, he didn't go through the normal development of learning about dating, etc., as part of growing up. He's had almost no experience in dealing with other people as a teenager. Socially, he's still a child, even if physically he's more nearly mature.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If jon comes out gay/bi. Does that mean jon x swampthing is possible? Swampthing x superman was something i always wanted.
    WTF?! What?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    All of this is pretty creepy if you think of Jon as being "really" 10 years old. After all, he didn't go through the normal development of learning about dating, etc., as part of growing up. He's had almost no experience in dealing with other people as a teenager. Socially, he's still a child, even if physically he's more nearly mature.
    Disagree. He did go through those years of life on earth 3, we just didn't see them. We'll eventually get a writer who explains what happened then because it's too much story potential imo.

I'd rather a new writer just factory reset him. Especially if the writer who kick started all this bullshit couldn't even be bothered to expound on his own bad idea. I don't know how you'd go about rebooting just one character while everyone else around him stays intact but....damn it, just do it.
    Last edited by Blue22; 07-09-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I don't buy that. He still lived the years in a messed up universe sure but he lived them nonetheless. He wasn't only stuck in that volcano with Ultraman for company. If he still had time to do some heroing I'm sure he has a grasp of the birds and the bees even if he never partook in anything of the sort himself. Compared to Conner, who was literally a test tube baby and he's had more game than this Jon had his whole entire existence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Disagree. He did go through those years of life on earth 3, we just didn't see them. We'll eventually get a writer who explains what happened then because it's too much story potential imo.
    I was thinking the same thing. It's one way for Jon to distinguish himself from the rest of the Super fam. They each have a story that is quite unlike the other that has/could drive more stories in the future, though Clark and Kara are almost similar yet not quite. Jon could use a writer who can shape his destiny much better than Bendis has and this particular plot could do wonders, especially if we saw much more of it than we have. I would have preferred doing that first before shipping him off to the future so soon.