Page 602 of 613 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Let Pak and Kuder take over Superman Earth One.
    Could they do their own Earth One take? Not that I hated JMS' stories but I'd rather see something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could they do their own Earth One take? Not that I hated JMS' stories but I'd rather see something new.
    I'm cool with that to. I didn't hate JMS/Davis's take either, it just never stood out enough to make an impression.

On Jon being 5G Superman, I'm not against it. I just don't care enough about Jon as a character to really get excited about it yet. I like the kid but he's middle of the road for me. You need a really cool pitch and an interesting writer to hook me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-26-2020 at 01:13 PM.

I wouldn't be opposed to either someone else continuing Earth One, or started a new continuity with that Earth's name. There were a couple ideas about JMS's take that bugged me, but there were others I really liked. Personally one of my favorites was the new Luthor situation, and unfortunately that happened in the last published volume so not much got to be done with Alexandra.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quick question: You guys remember Trish Q from Bendis' run?

Upon first reaction what race did you assume she was? I'm just wondering.

My first assumption was Asian decent.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Quick question: You guys remember Trish Q from Bendis' run?

Upon first reaction what race did you assume she was? I'm just wondering.

My first assumption was Asian decent.
    Asian was what I thought too. Could be a similar situation to what happened with Phantom Girl over in Terrifics, Shaner intended for her to be Asian but Reis and all other artists just drew her as white.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Glad I'm not alone in that assumption. Didn't know about the Phantom Girl thing. That's unfortunate.

With Trish, even her name kind of has air of possibility. The Q could just as easily stand for Quest, or even freakin Quinzel just as much as it could be Qian or Qiao. Or it could just be Q. A quick search tells me that the vast majority of single letter last names are Korean or Chinese

It's such a mystery box of a letter for a last name.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Asian-American was what I figured for Trish Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd love to see him back, just have no interest in him writing the Superdad version. I'd salivate over the idea of him having a chance to write at least a facsimile of the Superman he was writing before though.
    Luckily there are 2 versions of Superbro around. And he could always do Earth One. If he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to either someone else continuing Earth One, or started a new continuity with that Earth's name. There were a couple ideas about JMS's take that bugged me, but there were others I really liked. Personally one of my favorites was the new Luthor situation, and unfortunately that happened in the last published volume so not much got to be done with Alexandra.
    What happened to the Earth One line btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What happened to the Earth One line btw?
    JMS “retired” from Big 2 comics and that was the end of Superman Earth One. The other Earth Ones are still sporadically going. Morrison will finish WW with vol. 3, Johns has Batman vol. 3 and maybe more, dunno if he and Frank have said 3 would be the last, GL vol. 2 just recently came out. Manupal was supposed to do Aquaman but nothing has materialized from that, and JMS was planning to do Flash but that probably won’t happen.

The big problem was the New 52 pretty much made the whole line redundant and DC has put out new volumes so sporadically it’s hard not to feel like the whole line is an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Asian was what I thought too. Could be a similar situation to what happened with Phantom Girl over in Terrifics, Shaner intended for her to be Asian but Reis and all other artists just drew her as white.
    Really? That's weird. I mean, they just drew her like normal Phantom Girl so I'm kind of surprised that wasn't intentional.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Luckily there are 2 versions of Superbro around. And he could always do Earth One. If he comes back.
    I wonder what would have happened if reborn had concluded with this.

Jon would atleast have damian,kathy..etc. I wonder what would clark do. I suspect shoving jon in an orphanage or something. But then again, i don't see the kid relenting. The kid would have started a new life in Hamilton with all the alien refugees . Pestered clark upto high heavens.Clark would have been stuck with a sidekick wether he wants to or not. Moreover, he would atleast have had damian and crew. He wouldn't have been stuck being clark kent 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really? That's weird. I mean, they just drew her like normal Phantom Girl so I'm kind of surprised that wasn't intentional.
    Shaner’s fault, he did the concept art for the team but was too slow to do the first issues so Reis did instead and Reis drew her as white. Shaner talks about it on his Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    JMS “retired” from Big 2 comics and that was the end of Superman Earth One. The other Earth Ones are still sporadically going. Morrison will finish WW with vol. 3, Johns has Batman vol. 3 and maybe more, dunno if he and Frank have said 3 would be the last, GL vol. 2 just recently came out. Manupal was supposed to do Aquaman but nothing has materialized from that, and JMS was planning to do Flash but that probably won’t happen.

The big problem was the New 52 pretty much made the whole line redundant and DC has put out new volumes so sporadically it’s hard not to feel like the whole line is an afterthought.
    Are their sales worth the effort? I don't really remember them ever being cited as driving sales for DC. Its always either old classics like The Killing Joke or the latest in-continuity big thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if reborn had concluded with this.

Jon would atleast have damian,kathy..etc. I wonder what would clark do. I suspect shoving jon in an orphanage or something. But then again, i don't see the kid relenting. The kid would have started a new life in Hamilton with all the alien refugees . Pestered clark upto high heavens.Clark would have been stuck with a sidekick wether he wants to or not. Moreover, he would atleast have had damian and crew. He wouldn't have been stuck being clark kent 2.0.
    Not an orphanage, since Superman has never put Kara or Conner in a orphanage.

I should say Kathy only exists in Tomasi and Gleason's story. The moment he stop to be the writer, other writers will just ignore her and other aliens in Hamilton.