Page 603 of 613 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 9194
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if reborn had concluded with this.

Jon would atleast have damian,kathy..etc. I wonder what would clark do. I suspect shoving jon in an orphanage or something. But then again, i don't see the kid relenting. The kid would have started a new life in Hamilton with all the alien refugees . Pestered clark upto high heavens.Clark would have been stuck with a sidekick wether he wants to or not. Moreover, he would atleast have had damian and crew. He wouldn't have been stuck being clark kent 2.0.
    It would have pretty much made Clark the absolute worst father ever because he would have abandoned his son. Doesn't matter that he doesn't really remember the kid, the fans would never let the character live it down. He didn't do that to any of the Super family before and this was his own son.

You can't go back to that Superman AND keep Jon. It paints him and Lois really poorly.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It would have pretty much made Clark the absolute worst father ever because he would have abandoned his son. Doesn't matter that he doesn't really remember the kid, the fans would never let the character live it down. He didn't do that to any of the Super family before and this was his own son.

You can't go back to that Superman AND keep Jon. It paints him and Lois really poorly.
    On the contrary, it would have been just what been done later on in bendis run. But, this would have been atleast acceptable. Jon isn't their child. Heck! From superman's perspective he is dating someone else(now, that would have been heartbreak. Since, the wonder woman just moved on). Lois is just his friend who he might be attracted towards. It's not that he won't just remember jon. From the new52 world's perspective and superman's perspective , there never was a kid. Jon would be sole survivor of preflashpoint universe. The legacy of an entire universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    On the contrary, it would have been just what been done later on in bendis run. But, this would have been atleast acceptable. Jon isn't their child. Heck! From superman's perspective he is dating someone else(now, that would have been heartbreak. Since, the wonder woman just moved on). Lois is just his friend who he might be attracted towards. It's not that he won't just remember jon. From the new52 world's perspective and superman's perspective , there never was a kid. Jon would be sole survivor of preflashpoint universe. The legacy of an entire universe.
    It would still look pretty cold to put Jon in an orphanage (Superman didn't do this with Kara or Conner either).

Also, many fans won't just accept that New52 Superman isn't his father. They will ask for a father-son relationship, especially because Jon is so young. At the end, DC will still age up Jon, so New52 Superman could become more independent.

PS: Also, I though New52 Superman has already ended his relationship with Wonder Woman for the time he died.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-28-2020 at 08:23 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It would still look pretty cold to put Jon in an orphanage (Superman didn't do this with Kara or Conner either).
    Well, that was just me using a call back to the time superman put kara into an orphanage and it was just a joke. Its not like supes is gonna be like that. He's just gonna be reluctant care taker of the kid. Clark would just be a bit uncomfortable with the whole father of 10 year old kid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Are their sales worth the effort? I don't really remember them ever being cited as driving sales for DC. Its always either old classics like The Killing Joke or the latest in-continuity big thing.
    Superman Earth One and Batman Earth One both sold well iirc, it’s just that there wasn’t much point for out of continuity OGNs aimed at hooking the general market when DC has rebooted their entire line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Shaner’s fault, he did the concept art for the team but was too slow to do the first issues so Reis did instead and Reis drew her as white. Shaner talks about it on his Tumblr.
    Maybe I need to look up Shaner's concept art again but she didn't look that Asian to me, so maybe that's where the disconnect was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe I need to look up Shaner's concept art again but she didn't look that Asian to me, so maybe that's where the disconnect was.
    Here you go: https://evandocshaner.tumblr.com/pos...e-terrifics-it
    He explicitly says she wasn’t supposed to be a blue eyed-white here but I couldn’t find the post earlier where he specifies she’s Asian.

Also Shaner has got a lot of similar opinions on Superman as I do. That’s interesting given I had him pegged as the “retro” guy.

He explicitly says she wasn’t supposed to be a blue eyed-white here but I couldn’t find the post earlier where he specifies she’s Asian.

Also Shaner has got a lot of similar opinions on Superman as I do. That’s interesting given I had him pegged as the “retro” guy.
    He hates being pigeonholed as the retro guy, actually. He has turned down stuff to avoid being further typecast from what I've heard.

I tend to think of his style as timeless; it fits today and 80 years ago and never feels dated.

BANNED

While his art seems like that of someone inspired by the 60s and 70s comic. Shaner really modernized in its own way, kind like the mix between manga art and comic. I really love Evan Doc Shaner. I heard in WordBaloon he loves to turn down some of great pitch because of streotyping with retro.

Smart of him to do that, I remember Darwyn Cooke talking in some interview about how he was basically typecast to do one or two specific things.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah which I don't get because it's not like his style is at all dated. Though I can say I found it a little awkward with Sinclair's colors, as though it doesn't fit that mold.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah which I don't get because it's not like his style is at all dated. Though I can say I found it a little awkward with Sinclair's colors, as though it doesn't fit that mold.
    It’s because of New Frontier, that’s still his most famous book.

It’s because of New Frontier, that’s still his most famous book.
    Yeah, nobody remembers Moore did a lot more fun, positive stuff in the '90s because his '80s work is so influential. Typically you get remembered for your peak unless the valley was really, really low. With Cooke, it's New Frontier all the way. People forget his work elsewhere (Catwoman, Jonah Hex, Batman, The Spirit etc) which was contemporary or genre, but not atomic age retro.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, nobody remembers Moore did a lot more fun, positive stuff in the '90s because his '80s work is so influential. Typically you get remembered for your peak unless the valley was really, really low. With Cooke, it's New Frontier all the way. People forget his work elsewhere (Catwoman, Jonah Hex, Batman, The Spirit etc) which was contemporary or genre, but not atomic age retro.
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.....
    I for one quite enjoy Pepperidge Farm Strong Toms. They're big and a beat mealy, but damn if they aren't enjoyable.