Page 605 of 613 FirstFirst ... 105505555595601602603604605606607608609 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    SUPERMAN #28

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO card stock

Variant cover by KAEL NGU

It's the Man of Steel's last stand in this final Superman tale by the team of Brian Michael Bendis, Ivan Reis, and Joe Prado! Superman comes face to face with an alien race that he desperately wants to help before it is too late. As the cosmically powered race known as the Synmar aim their deadly power at the Man of Steel's adopted planet, Superman finds himself pushed past anything he has ever faced! Get ready to experience a powerhouse moment for Superman that's been years in the making!
    So this is the last chapter of bendis's superman run?

Astonishing Member

It seems like. Also Legion sounds like a finale.
    LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #12

Written by BRIAN MICHEAL BENDIS

Art by RYAN SOOK and WADE VON GRAWBADGER

Cover by RYAN SOOK

Variant cover by MATT TAYLOR

The battle for New Krypton is on! This powerhouse issue features the Legion confronting the greatest challenge of any era! With New Krypton on the verge of destruction at the hands of one of Jon Kent's deadliest foes, the young hero may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save his friends, his family, and his heritage -- but it could lead to the start of a monumental new chapter in the future of the DC Universe! Long live the Legion!

It seems like. Also Legion sounds like a finale.
    LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #12

Written by BRIAN MICHEAL BENDIS

Art by RYAN SOOK and WADE VON GRAWBADGER

Cover by RYAN SOOK

Variant cover by MATT TAYLOR

The battle for New Krypton is on! This powerhouse issue features the Legion confronting the greatest challenge of any era! With New Krypton on the verge of destruction at the hands of one of Jon Kent's deadliest foes, the young hero may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save his friends, his family, and his heritage -- but it could lead to the start of a monumental new chapter in the future of the DC Universe! Long live the Legion!
    That sounds like the kid is biting the dust and going the chris kent route.

Astonishing Member

I doubt that. Probably they're gonna erase this teenage version from existence and this way they'll bring back his original child version.

Is it time to gear for a bunch of relaunches again?

SUPERMAN #28

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO card stock

Variant cover by KAEL NGU

It's the Man of Steel's last stand in this final Superman tale by the team of Brian Michael Bendis, Ivan Reis, and Joe Prado! Superman comes face to face with an alien race that he desperately wants to help before it is too late. As the cosmically powered race known as the Synmar aim their deadly power at the Man of Steel's adopted planet, Superman finds himself pushed past anything he has ever faced! Get ready to experience a powerhouse moment for Superman that's been years in the making!
    YES YES YES YES YES! Finally please let this be the end of Bendis' dark reign over the Man of Steel! It'll take some time for the next few writers to fix what Bendis has done to the character but he's endured over 80 years of comics and reboots so hopefully he can survive Bendis' hack writing. Finally some good news from 2020.

Great. Seems like Dc truly is intending to destroy the few things good which came out with Rebirth uh ? Bendis on Superman and Damian freed from the Supersons.

Well, I guess it'll make my months a lot less costlier then.

I sure can't wait to NOT buy any Superdad's sorry excuse for a story they'll release then.

Astonishing Member

Bendis on Superman and Damian freed from the Supersons.
    Well, we don't know if Super Sons are coming back. We even don't know what exactly will happen with Jon and what role Damian will play.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it time to gear for a bunch of relaunches again?
    Yeah. The full solicits are out (can't post the link until they appear on CBR - two websites - Buzz Comics and Comics Continuum - have breached an embargo) and Batman Beyond is finished, Bendis seems to have been removed from all of his books if that's Legion's last issue, and Flash and Justice League will also be due a relaunch after their Endless Winter tie-ins.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, we don't know if Super Sons are coming back. We even don't know what exactly will happen with Jon and what role Damian will play.
    I wonder if bendis is going to finish damian being dictator in future plot line and planet gotham. The kid(jon) was even set to blow up. Moreover, their dark future is the reason jon went to space in the first place. I hope this is not the end of the kid. If they are pulling away from monthly comics and stuff like that. The kid is more interesting than his old man at this point.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-11-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. The full solicits are out (can't post the link until they appear on CBR - two websites - Buzz Comics and Comics Continuum - have breached an embargo) and Batman Beyond is finished, Bendis seems to have been removed from all of his books if that's Legion's last issue, and Flash and Justice League will also be due a relaunch after their Endless Winter tie-ins.
    Also, Death Metal is ending on December too (#6 and #7 will be released this month).

So, a relaunch seems pretty likely.

Astonishing Member

Damn, January solicits next month will be incredibly anticipated.

seemed to me that all Bendis did was screw up the things that set Superman apart from other superheroes. He had to make krypton get destroyed by a villain like Martian Manhunter or Dragon Ball. His secret identity had to go because Bendis projected his anger about online trolls for some reason, so Clark can't have one like most 21 century superheroes. Oh but he still keeps his job and no one is mad at him because then he couldn't shill his big change. And then make Jon a teen in the most asinine way he could think of, just as he brings Conner back, ugh.
    The Superman mythos is a more boring and redundant place thanks to BMB. Glad he's finally leaving.
    One thing i like is the United Planets idea. That has potential, in stories thar aren't garbage like Unity Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    seemed to me that all Bendis did was screw up the things that set Superman apart from other superheroes. He had to make krypton get destroyed by a villain like Martian Manhunter or Dragon Ball. His secret identity had to go because Bendis projected his anger about online trolls for some reason, so Clark can't have one like most 21 century superheroes. Oh but he still keeps his job and no one is mad at him because then he couldn't shill his big change. And then make Jon a teen in the most asinine way he could think of, just as he brings Conner back, ugh.
    The Superman mythos is a more boring and redundant place thanks to BMB. Glad he's finally leaving.
    One thing i like is the United Planets idea. That has potential, in stories thar aren't garbage like Unity Saga.
    All you say actually made the Superman mythos interesting for the first time since New 52 ended. Rebirth was a drag, and Pre-New 52 is worse.

But I guess people just want the same boring story, with the exact same boring depictions of Superman and his family possible. Oh well... enjoy what's coming I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    If superman being naive and spacedad like is what sets him apart from other superheroes then i would rather not have it Regardless of who the writer is. Not that bendis did a good job at not having that. As for krypton being destroyed by a villain. It's not the first time brainiac has done it in different continuities. Earth one had a bunch of aliens do it. It's not a big deal.

Finally, i do believe clark kent identity hasn't had the absurd humour since ages. People actually want to look at it through the prism of realism. So, that's not Bendis's fault the joke seems to have lost its effect. He actually understood there was a problem. He just didn't solve it in the best way. He just got rid of it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-11-2020 at 09:32 AM.