Page 606 of 613 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 9194
    Astonishing Member

I am wondering if there will be a full retcon of a run or just individual elements.
    It's obvious that Jon, one way or another, will be a child again (well, I do not believe that he will simply be killed or erased from existence, especially if Damian also returns to his father), but all these elements, like Rogol-Zaar, of revealing identity, leave them or take them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I am wondering if there will be a full retcon of a run or just individual elements.
    It's obvious that Jon, one way or another, will be a child again (well, I do not believe that he will simply be killed or erased from existence, especially if Damian also returns to his father), but all these elements, like Rogol-Zaar, of revealing identity, leave them or take them away.
    I doubt any other writer is going to use Zaar.

The identity...probably depends on DC more than anything else.

Edit: seems i've double posted.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 09-11-2020 at 09:31 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

What if this is the end of this entire continuity and they are going for a reboot again?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    All you say actually made the Superman mythos interesting for the first time since New 52 ended. Rebirth was a drag, and Pre-New 52 is worse.

But I guess people just want the same boring story, with the exact same boring depictions of Superman and his family possible. Oh well... enjoy what's coming I guess.
    I'm not attached to any specific status quo or era of Superman. I love how different each of the eras are, and what they mean for the character and his stories. Pre-crisis or post, pre-flashpoint or post flashpoint. I'm glad reboots and shake ups happen to keep stuff fresh. I don't even know if i have a strong preference married or not, trunks or not, living parents or not. Changing those details is facinating to see.
    This just happened to be an era I hated, not because of muh nostalgia, but because it sucked. And I don't think it did much differerent. Just a worse retread of past failures. The secret identity reveal literally just happened and it was too soon to revisit even with a twist that he does it himself. The aged up kid, Chris Kent says hello. Sam Lane dying. And as someone else mentioned, other villains destroyed krypton before. If you think this run pushed the envelope, you're giving it too much credit.
    funny, seems to me that you're the one who shuts down as soon as there's a status quo that's not your preference. All while claiming how much you want change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What if this is the end of this entire continuity and they are going for a reboot again?
    Snyder said it won't be complete reboot.

Spectacular Member

FINNNNNAAAALLLLLYYYYYY some good news in 2020. Now blow up everything done the last two years and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    FINNNNNAAAALLLLLYYYYYY some good news in 2020. Now blow up everything done the last two years and start over.
    How about we start over again from the very beginning.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-11-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I'm not attached to any specific status quo or era of Superman. I love how different each of the eras are, and what they mean for the character and his stories. Pre-crisis or post, pre-flashpoint or post flashpoint. I'm glad reboots and shake ups happen to keep stuff fresh. I don't even know if i have a strong preference married or not, trunks or not, living parents or not. Changing those details is facinating to see.
    This just happened to be an era I hated, not because of muh nostalgia, but because it sucked. And I don't think it did much differerent. Just a worse retread of past failures. The secret identity reveal literally just happened and it was too soon to revisit even with a twist that he does it himself. The aged up kid, Chris Kent says hello. Sam Lane dying. And as someone else mentioned, other villains destroyed krypton before. If you think this run pushed the envelope, you're giving it too much credit.
    funny, seems to me that you're the one who shuts down as soon as there's a status quo that's not your preference. All while claiming how much you want change.
    Because it's obvious it's not change which is coming. is the old status quo. Which I hate.

Astonishing Member

Yeah. I remember New52 wasn't a complete reboot either when they announced it.

Because it's obvious it's not change which is coming. is the old status quo. Which I hate.
    Clark joining the authority? ill be honest i know little about them, but seems new to me.

Wich means that Batman history will be intact, probably Aquaman and Green Lantern will be safe too.

Astonishing Member

Maybe they will announce next writer tomorrow on Superman: An Enduring Symbol of Hope panel? Along with Bendis's 5G out of continuity story with Jon as Superman.

You aren't going to rid of lois lane, jimmy olsen, perry white... Etc. If that's the kind of change you want. you should read something else. There are tons of other superman-esque figures. As for the portrayal of the character, if waid is the one taking over we can expect a goldenage superman portrayal .vegetarian superman was awesome. Finally, no kill rule had broad implications and consistency for a guy who doesn't seem to need to eat.

Ww and superman thing happened in preflashpoint universe as well. Everytime it happens, it ends. Superman is a beast that could never be bound. She is a ancient greek-amazon who kills beasts and actually doesn't mind being bound. Those two are thematically at two ends of the spectrum. It's like a dragon falling in love with a knight.As much as it might happen. They are star-crossed lovers.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    How about we start over again from the very beginning.

At least use the one from 1939. That one has his parents in it. My guess is soft reboot where the Bendis run more or less never happened. No one seems particularly attached to his Legion. Everyone seems to like Jon (if they like him at all) as a 10 year old, and there was no way the SI was going to be gone permanently. My guess is we're looking at a return to pre-Flashpoint with Jon in the picture. Or they'll just hand the whole thing over to Mark Waid and let him do whatever he wants. Six of one.
    Assassinate Putin!