Page 610 of 613 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613 LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It may just be me being tired of seeing the dead parents cliche in superhero stories But I actually like that the Kents are alive, happy, and supportive of their son and his accomplishments. Do they need to be a constantly hovering moral compass for him to go to every time he's in need of support or guidance? No. Of course not. But I do like that they are a presence in his life again as supporting characters.
    I'm happy the Kents are around too (and that Jon gets to know his non-crazy grandparents), but I've never really seen them the way others do as far as limiting Clark.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hopefully they keep Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia. I like the expansion of Metropolis’ criminal underground, not a fan of Intergang being the only crime gang in town.
    I can live without the Red Cloud if the Invisible Mafia doesn't return. She works best as its closed fist, but as a solo villain I just never felt much from her. Certainly possible to build upon, but the Invisible Mafia was the strongest antagonist from the Bendis era.

Bendis on Nightwing would be great honestly. Dude wrote Dick well in Batman Universe.
    I've thought this for a while, but I admit, I'm really tired of his poop jokes (he's made a lot of them since coming to DC) and I feel like Dick's reputation as the funny member of the Bat family will lead him to wanting to employ that same humor. If he can restrain himself, yeah, that's a good place for him to go... Unless we could get Matt Fraction on Nightwing? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I can live without the Red Cloud if the Invisible Mafia doesn't return. She works best as its closed fist, but as a solo villain I just never felt much from her. Certainly possible to build upon, but the Invisible Mafia was the strongest antagonist from the Bendis era.

I've thought this for a while, but I admit, I'm really tired of his poop jokes (he's made a lot of them since coming to DC) and I feel like Dick's reputation as the funny member of the Bat family will lead him to wanting to employ that same humor. If he can restrain himself, yeah, that's a good place for him to go... Unless we could get Matt Fraction on Nightwing? Please?
    She’s a female Rogue with a cool look and powerset, and Clark has so few of those. I hope she sticks around but we’ll see I guess.

She’s a female Rogue with a cool look and powerset, and Clark has so few of those. I hope she sticks around but we’ll see I guess.
    Considering female rogues tend to go anti-hero once they get popular, it does make sense to keep the Red Cloud around since I don't expect Livewire to remain a villain for long if she returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Considering female rogues tend to go anti-hero once they get popular, it does make sense to keep the Red Cloud around since I don't expect Livewire to remain a villain for long if she returns.
    Livewire came back in one Bendis first Superman issues and she was a villain again. I doubt anyone even remembers she made a turn to hero at the end of Pre-Flashpoint and I’m fine with that. DC barely has room for all the heroes it already has, it doesn’t need any more.

Livewire came back in one Bendis first Superman issues and she was a villain again. I doubt anyone even remembers she made a turn to hero at the end of Pre-Flashpoint and I’m fine with that. DC barely has room for all the heroes it already has, it doesn’t need any more.
    See I forgot she made the turn and I'm not surprised. DC has to stop with the villain redemption already.

https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...040972288?s=21
    Something big enough to get me to clear the deck. It’s all super exciting but it’s months away and we’ll talk about it all when the world isn’t literally on fire ( I’m in portland)
    Gotta be either Detective Comics or Justice League imo. Guess this is why he’s stepping off the Superman books.

Oh and in other Superman news, my Absolute All-Star Superman arrived!
    8A1FCA9D-40DD-4ED4-843E-03036FDD311A.jpg
    Now I just need my Grant Morrison Omnibuses (Batman and Superman) and I’ll be ready for my Morrison DCU reread.

Astonishing Member

Or maybe it's Green Lantern. He wanted to write it after Batman, I remember he was talking about this during one of his interviews, when he came to DC.
    Morrison is finishing it anyway.

I hope not. Look at his Guardians of the Galaxy.

I am thinking maybe Justice League (two books? Like the latter part of his Avengers run and his X-Men run?).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I hate this option, but he already got into their lore. Gold Lanterns, Teen Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I hate this option, but he already got into their lore. Gold Lanterns, Teen Lantern.
    [Shudders] The less we get of Teen Lantern, the better. She and Jinny were easily the worst, most uninteresting additions to the YJ roster. Which is a shame because, in theory, she should have been a good idea. But then...That could be said for a lot of Bendis' ideas.

Bleeding Cool says GL will be Waid's if he wants it, so it looks like no worries about Bendis grabbing that.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goss...c-comics-2021/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really don't want Bendis to get a team book or a cosmic book, but the law of average's say he's likely to end up on at least one until he's stuck on Batman.

I used to think he'd do good with a team book. I was actually kinda psyched for his Young Justice. And, despite my anger at what he did with Jon, I was at least intrigued enough to give Legion a chance (And, honestly, I'm still intrigued enough to check out some older versions). But, for me, he dropped the ball on them both. In typical Bendis fashion, both books offer up some good ideas but fumble the execution. Aside from that they're both just...not very fun to read. At least not for me.

So yeah. Just throw the dude on a Batbook (either Nightwing, Batgirl, or a Stephanie solo) or even a Question series. Do that and maybe we'll get something as good as his Daredevil and Jessica Jones books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really don't want Bendis to get a team book or a cosmic book, but the law of average's say he's likely to end up on at least one until he's stuck on Batman.
    I’ve enjoyed his cosmic stuff in Superman, and GL actually feels like the perfect cosmic book for him. GLs are space cops and cop stories are something Bendis loves to write.