Page 68 of 613 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    So now let the fireworks or eruption begin.
    Nothing really news worthy about handing in a script

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Nothing really news worthy about handing in a script
    I mean the fireworks or eruption will happen once the story is read.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    But if all those others who aren't necessarily creators have business credibility, and gauge things like the SNES and NES Classic right they could be tapping into something that's at once basic, heavy handed, and one step ahead.
    And perhaps they will tap into something here. No matter how much research you do or how closely you follow established business theory, any creative industry is going to be half guesswork at the best of times. You never know what will click with audiences.

But I still consider the return of the trunks to be questionable business. If you want to dig into nostalgia marketing, you can dig deeper than something as shallow and surface-level as the trunks. Maybe try for the kind of layered, consistent quality of storytelling of yesteryear. That's what people would be nostalgic for in the first place; good Superman stories, not his underwear.

I've always been a little ignorant of Forbes but they've checked out on the few times I've stopped by. Kudos to them for breaking all this news in the first place.
    I end up using Forbes for almost every single paper I've written in college. Damn fine site, in my opinion. And they're on top of some surprising topics. When I first heard about the newest Overwatch hero to be introduced, it was from Forbes. /shrug
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But I still consider the return of the trunks to be questionable business. If you want to dig into nostalgia marketing, you can dig deeper than something as shallow and surface-level as the trunks. Maybe try for the kind of layered, consistent quality of storytelling of yesteryear. That's what people would be nostalgic for in the first place; good Superman stories, not his underwear.
    They just had over 50 issues of Jurgens, who for better or worse is considered Mr. Yesteryear as far as storytelling goes. We don't know what Bendis will bring but DC is obviously betting very much on it being good. "Bendis is coming!" ROFL. That's great on their part, companies should place sincere hope in their employees and go to bat for them. That trust and respect was a big part of what I saw with Morrison. Bendis especially knows the hype game well enough to participate. Websites are reporting that he turned in a script to #1001, when else does something like this happen?

They just had over 50 issues of Jurgens, who for better or worse is considered Mr. Yesteryear as far as storytelling goes. We don't know what Bendis will bring but DC is obviously betting very much on it being good. "Bendis is coming!" ROFL. That's great on their part, companies should place sincere hope in their employees and go to bat for them. That trust and respect was a big part of what I saw with Morrison. Bendis especially knows the hype game well enough to participate. Websites are reporting that he turned in a script to #1001, when else does something like this happen?
    Oh, getting Bendis is a huge win for DC, and damn good business. They not only remove a sales-generating name from the competition, but get to put that brand recognition to work for them. It's brilliant business.

Whether his work is actually good.....well, that's actually sorta besides the point.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Some new stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/sW3yg

Interesting that information that he mentioned about his villain.. I was wrong(like many fans, sure)..

That of A TIME WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE TRUE WITH YOURSELF sounds bad...
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-15-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks for the link. some of that refutes what was expected, like the villain being similar to black zero. But some of that sounds like dubious hinting. I'll try to be open minded.

I love how the internet is convinced that Dan Didio hates comics and sabotages them regularly when just about every creator makes a point to say he's cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    His talk of Lois and Clark is quite reassuring, obviously they're going to come to some sort of decision, but for him to say they "know better" than to sever their bonds gives me hope for whatever this fall-out does to them, they're going to be mature about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    His talk of Lois and Clark is quite reassuring, obviously they're going to come to some sort of decision, but for him to say they "know better" than to sever their bonds gives me hope for whatever this fall-out does to them, they're going to be mature about it.
    What's happening here?

BANNED

What's happening here?
    Bendis says the new villain is trying to avenge Krypton and that he's figured out Clark's life as Superman is always the reason it's destroyed, this plays havoc with Clark's mentality as he can no longer tell if his purpose in life was his own choices or if it was pre-determined, and the family life is strained because of it, forcing Lois and Clark to make a decision to presumably seperate.

What's happening here?
    "Look, your mom and I still love each other. And we love you most of all, but sometimes, other things change..."

ROFL, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis says the new villain is trying to avenge Krypton and that he's figured out Clark's life as Superman is always the reason it's destroyed, this plays havoc with Clark's mentality as he can no longer tell if his purpose in life was his own choices or if it was pre-determined, and the family life is strained because of it, forcing Lois and Clark to make a decision to presumably separate.
    Huh well that does sound better than what he did to Miles's parents and it sounds like a promising scenario and one that does not involve ridiculous things like cheating on each other. At least Bendis shows that he does understand Superman and Lois's relationship and how much they value each other per your statement that they won't divorce or anything like that. I just hope it won't play out for too long because that can be grating. Thanks.

"Look, your mom and I still love each other. And we love you most of all, but sometimes, other things change..."

ROFL, I dunno.
    Sound slike Jon is going through some rough times I just hope he can come out of it stronger. And thanks.

BANNED

I just hope it won't play out for too long because that can be grating. Thanks.
    Well, as I've said routinely, they're showing sleeping together and supporting one another at the end of Doomsday Clock#1, and that's set a year ahead, so unless their next appearance in the series shows they're still going through a rough patch (which can't be all that bad), we can assume they'll get past this.