Page 69 of 613 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 9194
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well, as I've said routinely, they're showing sleeping together and supporting one another at the end of Doomsday Clock#1, and that's set a year ahead, so unless their next appearance in the series shows they're still going through a rough patch (which can't be all that bad), we can assume they'll get past this.
    I thought Bendis's run takes place after Doomsday Clock's events?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I thought Bendis's run takes place after Doomsday Clock's events?
    It doesn't. All DC stories presently take place before it and we don't know what the status quo will be after that ends just yet.

It doesn't. All DC stories presently take place before it and we don't know what the status quo will be after that ends just yet.
    Ah I see well whatever Geoff Johns has in mind he'll need to re-attune to fit the changes all the current comics are going through. I have a feeling whatever status quo is qill require a lot of dictating.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-15-2018 at 05:14 AM.

Bendis says the new villain is trying to avenge Krypton and that he's figured out Clark's life as Superman is always the reason it's destroyed, this plays havoc with Clark's mentality as he can no longer tell if his purpose in life was his own choices or if it was pre-determined, and the family life is strained because of it, forcing Lois and Clark to make a decision to presumably seperate.
    Kara is another EL and another Krypton surviver... This will put this character even more angry and sure about his opinion about this..

One character like this will be interested in KANDOR... Krypton survivers...
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-15-2018 at 05:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Ah I see well whatever Geoff Johns has in mind he'll need to re-attune to fit the changes all the current comics are going through. I have a feeling whatever status quo is qill require a lot of dictating.
    I think the idea of Lois and Clark going through some sort of problem for the next year or so leading into Doomsday Clock was an existing mandate, Jurgens was supposed to stay on the book past AC#1000 and continue to develop the aftermath of The Oz Effect, and the original solictations for his post-1000 trade collection said his relationship with Lois and Jon would change. The only thing that's changed here is Bendis came up with his own story to get us to the same spot that the mandate is dictating.

I think the idea of Lois and Clark going through some sort of problem for the next year or so leading into Doomsday Clock was an existing mandate, Jurgens was supposed to stay on the book past AC#1000 and continue to develop the aftermath of The Oz Effect, and the original solictations for his post-1000 trade collection said his relationship with Lois and Jon would change. The only thing that's changed here is Bendis came up with his own story to get us to the same spot that the mandate is dictating.
    Now we know why Doomsday Clock will be late, Gary Frank is having to draw the trunks in everything now, probably needing to re-do a lot of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Kara is another EL and another Krypton surviver... This will put this character even more angry and sure about his opinion about this..

One character like this will be interested in KANDOR... Krypton survivers...
    I think Kara surviving is more like a bonus, you know, like they needed Kal-El, but it's ok if Kara survives too.

So compared to Jurgen's proposal Bendis's was the better one it must be special for Didio to pass it over the man who brought some stability to Action Comics. Still I wonder what Jurgen's plan would have been?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I have thoughts about this I'll share when I have time, but I have to ask, where'd this come from? I haven't seen any link to or mention of that anywhere else.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I have thoughts about this I'll share when I have time, but I have to ask, where'd this come from? I haven't seen any link to or mention of that anywhere else.
    It's on the previous page.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    It's from the link Delores shared on the previous page.

I'll post it again

https://imgur.com/a/sW3yg

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

No, I mean what is that imugr post pulling from. It's clearly a formal interview but I'm seeing nothing about it anywhere but in that copy Dolores linked to.
    Buh-bye

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Very interesting. The idea behind the villain is a fascinating one.

BANNED

The whole "Who am I without pre-destination" notion being grounds for a Clark and Lois split is a concept done before in the DCAU (with Hawkgirl and Green Lantern)

The whole "Who am I without pre-destination" notion being grounds for a Clark and Lois split is a concept done before in the DCAU (with Hawkgirl and Green Lantern)
    Nothing is new under the sun especially in fiction but the key is to do it better than others so Bendis better not screw this up.