Page 71 of 613 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171571 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think it is happening based on how he immediately says after that answer is that it's going to be a big deal for people and for diversity.
    What about Supes himself? Or Lois? Or even Jon? They can't be counted out as possibilities. Jimmy Olsen. Even Perry White. Or a new character. I think i read it sometime ago that he is going to introduce new characters.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-15-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    What about Supes himself? Or Lois? Or even Jon? They can't be counted out as possibilities.
    Possibilities for what?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I think it is happening based on how he immediately says after that answer is that it's going to be a big deal for people and for diversity.
    Tha tis not going to fly with anyone and I will hide form the angry mob.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Possibilities for what?
    I can't think of anything other then sexuality. Race is not possible without doing a continuity play/reboot. Gender looks a bit out there.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-15-2018 at 09:03 AM.

I can't think of anything other then sexuality. Race is not possible without doing a continuity play/reboot. Gender looks a bit out there.
    Absolutely not after what happened to Iceman he can't be that stupid to try something so dumb again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Absolutely not after what happened to Iceman he can't be that stupid to try something so dumb again.
    Its a possibility. It will definitely be controversial. I am guessing what he is doing is doing with new characters. I read somewhere that he is going to introduce a number of characters. Putting light on the Daily Planet. That looks more probable to me. Let us get into that discussion when and if it happens. I was simply mentioning possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If it was joke doesn't necessarily mean he would actually do it though i mean. And if there is a replacement in mind there are plenty of diversity replacements in Superman's stable, Supergirl and Steel. As long he uses one of them well it should lessen the blow.
    Well, there were some people who could replace Tony in case he was incapacitated as well, Rodhey comes to mind if they wanted to go for diversity, but Bendis himself killed him to start that shitty Civil War II...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I've got no clue, he also mentioned Jimmy Olsen being a war photographer, and when is the last time he has taken any war photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, there were some people who could replace Tony in case he was incapacitated as well, Rodhey comes to mind if they wanted to go for diversity, but Bendis himself killed him to start that shitty Civil War II...
    I know but unless he learned his lesson form that horrid period and his brush with death he'd better pick anyone of Superman's potential replacements.

I've got no clue, he also mentioned Jimmy Olsen being a war photographer, and when is the last time he has taken any war photos?
    Search me. I started reading after Rebirth. And he definitely wasn't during Byrne's era, another era which i am familiar with. I have never heard of Jimmy Olsen, war photographer before.

Its a possibility. It will definitely be controversial. I am guessing what he is doing is doing with new characters. I read somewhere that he is going to introduce a number of characters. That looks more probable to me. Let us get into that discussion when and if it happens. I was simply mentioning possibilities.
    Whatever it is someone is going to be rattled and it's going to cause a lot of tempers to flare up. And yes I am aware of the new characters bit but however he'd better know what he is doing or else his run will end up in the rubbish pile and his dream becomes a nightmare for him when angry fan letters come in.

Search me. I started reading after Rebirth. And he definitely wasn't during Byrne's era, another era which i am familiar with. I have never heard of Jimmy Olsen, war photographer before.
    Maybe Jimmy will be given a job taking photos on a battlefield.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Oh jeez, I hadn't even registered he was saying his thing in terms of diversity was specifically something with Clark. Seems unbelievably far-fetched given they wouldn't let Rucka do it blatantly with Wonder Woman, but could Superman come out? As bi, or ace but still romantically devoted to Lois? I'd be entirely down for that.
    Buh-bye

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

When Bendis brought up Chris Hedges, he captured my attention. It will be pretty awesome having someone writing a comic about journalists that, ya know, knows what a journalist does/is.

I don't know if I'll get my super lefty and highly physical Bruce Springsteen by way of Max Flesicher Superman here, but at least it's something pointing that way.

Lots of good vibes.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-15-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Oh jeez, I hadn't even registered he was saying his thing in terms of diversity was specifically something with Clark. Seems unbelievably far-fetched given they wouldn't let Rucka do it blatantly with Wonder Woman, but could Superman come out? As bi, or ace but still romantically devoted to Lois? I'd be entirely down for that.
    I'm 99% sure that this isn't happening, but I would bet on Jimmy Olsen being bi, or Perry being gay, or Lombardi.