Page 72 of 613 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 9194
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm 99% sure that this isn't happening, but I would bet on Jimmy Olsen being bi, or Perry being gay, or Lombardi.
    Perry is happily married to a woman remember? Lombardi and Jimmy absolutely not!
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

I'm leaning more towards Jimmy.

Jimmy being revealed as gay actually wouldn't betray the character much at all. The character isn't exactly known for having any sort of iconic love interests. He's had girlfriends of course, most notably Lucy, but none of them have ever really been part and parcel to who he is to a character. You can't do it with a character like Superman because part of his whole thing is his romantic dynamic with Lois Lane. That would be a betrayal of character. Jimmy not so much.

That said its hardly necessary, but it wouldn't be a problem in my eyes, as it breaks nothing about his characterization.

In any case his talk about the villain is most interesting. He confirms that this new villain isn't responsible for Krypton's destruction, rather he's looking for vengeance on Superman because of the idea that Krypton died to facilitate Kal-El becoming Superman. This seems literal, not symbolic in the sense of the common 80 year old narrative. That there was literally another force out there that once upon a time engineered events specifically so Kal-El would find his way to Earth. So literally Krypton died for Superman. Could be interesting.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-15-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Jimmy being revealed as gay actually wouldn't betray the character much at all. The character isn't exactly known for having any sort of iconic love interests. He's had girlfriends of course, most notably Lucy, but none of them have ever really been part and parcel to who he is to a character. You can't do it with a character like Superman because part of his whole thing is his romantic dynamic with Lois Lane. That would be a betrayal of character. Jimmy not so much.

That said its hardly necessary, but it wouldn't be a problem in my eyes, as it breaks nothing about his characterization.

In any case his talk about the villain is most interesting. He confirms that this new villain isn't responsible for Krypton's destruction, rather he's looking for vengeance on Superman because of the idea that Krypton died to facilitate Kal-El becoming Superman. This seems literal, not symbolic in the sense of the common 80 year old narrative. That there was literally another force out there that once upon a time engineered events specifically so Kal-El would find his way to Earth. So literally Krypton died for Superman. Could be interesting.
    Yes, but how does that get him to think his relationship with Lois could be questioned? Seems like forced drama.

Astonishing Member

I can already imagine the burden of that reveal, to hear that his home world had to die in order for him to fulfill his destiny as Superman. It's simply too much.

I dunno, maybe the story is about free-will. Maybe things go to far as to suggest that Superman's life has been so mapped out by forces not his own that it seems even his mate was hand-picked for the best progeny and continuation of his line.

Obviously this would only work if, in the end, such notions were eventually revealed as patently false, but its all I got at the moment.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The Iceman Dilemma is problematic in that in can apply to any character. "Yes they've dated ___, but it was a lie! " If a change doesn't take something away then it doesn't really add anything. If the idea is representation or exploring orientation, then he can use Maggie or like he's poised to do, create a new character.

I start getting just a bit concerned when I recall how certain things were handled at Marvel.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Hold up. Yo, Dolores......are you f#%king with us again?

Bendis hasn't posted anything about this, and there's no source or anything.

Where that source at, fam?!

Last edited by Superlad93; 03-15-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

To be fair though, its exceedingly common. Lots of people who are gay have stories about how in their younger years they dated someone of the opposite sex, not necessarily just out of the desire to seem "normal" but because there were indeed qualities to that person that they were attracted to. It just took time to understand why sexual attraction wasn't included. So in a sense its not really a lie. There are feelings there, just not the whole package because they're still coming to terms that their physical attraction lies elsewhere.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yes, but how does that get him to think his relationship with Lois could be questioned? Seems like forced drama.
    in theory his desire to sort out his destiny could lead him acting in an unhealthy way that could cause his family trouble. So it could strain his relationship with Lois.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Hold up. Yo, Dolores......are you f#%king with us again?

Bendis hasn't posted anything about this, and there's no source or anything.

Oh if this is a goof, Delores is just the worst kind of person, lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh if this is a goof, Delores is just the worst kind of person, lol
    At least he's creative.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    At least he's creative.
    yeah, credit to him for being a pretty elaborate troll. At least he got us theorizing and speculating for fun

Or her. Dolores is a nice name.

I think the article is legit. I think there was going to be an interview with Bendis coming sometime soon. In some magazine. Can't recall exactly.

But yes if its not that has to be the worst kind of joke. Lol. Here i was getting excited with its contents. Which are in line with his comments so far.

For the record I'm not seriously mad if its a joke. Playfully mad, lol. It sure reads as real.