Page 73 of 613 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 9194

Neither am i. It was an interesting discussion.

Which makes me think that this is the real thing. How much can one fake? That part about the villain knowing the reason of Krypton's destruction is so inspired that it does not look like fake. The whole thing very much looks like the real thing. There's a style of talking that its too elaborate to be faked.

It's over on Reddit too, so its probably legit.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

K, if its real then all eyes turn to Superlad. Conspiracy theorist!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

If we are not been trolled, I think that the villain can be really cool, remind me of plot of the Krypton tv show. The idea that a whole planet have to die so that one single person can achieve his destiny, even if that destiny is of the greatest hero of the Universe, is really disturbing. I can see this fact, if proven true disturbing Superman, and making him and/or Lois question that if whoever or whatever was powerful and capable enough to destroy one of the most advanced civilizations on the Universe, this power may very well be capable of guiding the choices of a few humans.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Where's the source on reddit? Does it just lead back to that same sourceless link that Dolores posted before?

Not sure if anyone remembers but Dolores' last prank about the first Superman Rebirth crossover was shotgun around to a few legit sites.

I see Dolores
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

WHO FORGED THE BENDIS INTERVIEW?

Was it...Delores?

Was it...Officer Barbrady…?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I dunno, maybe the story is about free-will. Maybe things go to far as to suggest that Superman's life has been so mapped out by forces not his own that it seems even his mate was hand-picked for the best progeny and continuation of his line.

Obviously this would only work if, in the end, such notions were eventually revealed as patently false, but its all I got at the moment.
    I guess it would be an interesting take on the concept of Superman being "destined" to be with Lois Lane, no matter the universe or continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Where's the source on reddit? Does it just lead back to that same sourceless link that Dolores posted before?

Not sure if anyone remembers but Dolores' last prank about the first Superman Rebirth crossover was shotgun around to a few legit sites.

I see Dolores
    Dang it Dolores! It's not even April 1st yet!

Source less link is a red flag. And reddit isn't the most reliable. Now it has to made clear.

I did not know that Dolores has played a prank before. Sounds amusing.

Hope it is cleared soon and is legit. It was pretty much confirming that Lois is going to get a book.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-15-2018 at 11:50 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

You're telling me that Bendis basically name drops that there's gonna be a Lois solo, AND it's written by a new female writer coming from Image, AND the prospect of Lois and Clark spending some time apart is on the table, and all Dolores has to say about it is "some new stuff?"

Nah, fam, not today lol

Last edited by Superlad93; 03-15-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You're telling me that Bendis basically name drops that there's gonna be a Lois solo, AND it's written by a new female writer coming from Image, AND the prospect of Lois and Clark spending some time apart is on the table, and all Dolores has to say about it is "some new stuff?"

Nah, fam, not today lol

Lol Superlad, your gifs are funny.

It is now starting to sound like too good to be true.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-15-2018 at 11:55 AM.

BANNED

"You know, if we pretend we know what's going on, this is actually kind of exciting"

BANNED

I don't know if it's pretend or not but I will say this: Bendis' comments about Lois remind me that, sometimes, a "liberal" guy who thinks he knows best is more dangerous to women than an outright misogynist.

Look...I understand that there is a very decent possibility that even if Lois and Clark split up temporarily that they will, eventually, reconcile. I get that. I don't need to be told that. HOWEVER...and this is important...

There is this deeply embedded societal idea that "strong" women like Lois have to be "alone" and "go it alone" in order to be taken seriously. And folks...that is just not a positive thing to put out into the universe. Nor is it fair. This kind of sexism is part of the reason why Steve Trevor was essentially tossed out of the Wonder Woman franchise for decades on end. Because people couldn't understand why a woman as powerful as Wonder Woman might also deserve to have a partner by her side who supported her and cared about her and was PART of her story.

Everyone wants Lois Lane to have a solo book. No one wants that more than me. But it does not send a good message at ALL about the way this company views women or understands women and what we deserve and need if the only way they know how to do it is to make her "go it alone." That is NOT progress, guys. That is not feminism. Women like Lois---career oriented, aggressive women---already face a public stigma that they are too serious, unlovable "selfish" etc. Lois and Clark being married to begin with was already an affront to that stigma, guys. It was like one of the only examples in fiction where the super serious aggressive job lady wasn't also painted as lonely etc.

DC Comics should be able to give Lois the spotlight she deserves while also allowing her to be loved and supported by her spouse. This is not rocket science and it's not progress for women or the franchise if they can't. And a male writer trying to paint Lois leaving the husband she loves and who loves her in return as a "feminist "act of some kind (as he appears to be trying to do here) should be deeply, deeply concerning to people.

Never had as much fun on CBR as today. Lol. Either way its a win win. If true awesome. If not that's so elaborate that its funny. Clues were right in front of our faces. I had so much fun that i am not even mad. Superlad had jumped in with those memes and gifs to take the icing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I don't know if it's pretend or not but I will say this: Bendis' comments about Lois remind me that, sometimes, a "liberal" guy who thinks he knows best is more dangerous to women than an outright misogynist.

Look...I understand that there is a very decent possibility that even if Lois and Clark split up temporarily that they will, eventually, reconcile. I get that. I don't need to be told that. HOWEVER...and this is important...

There is this deeply embedded societal idea that "strong" women like Lois have to be "alone" and "go it alone" in order to be taken seriously. And folks...that is just not a positive thing to put out into the universe. Nor is it fair. This kind of sexism is part of the reason why Steve Trevor was essentially tossed out of the Wonder Woman franchise for decades on end. Because people couldn't understand why a woman as powerful as Wonder Woman might also deserve to have a partner by her side who supported her and cared about her and was PART of her story.

Everyone wants Lois Lane to have a solo book. No one wants that more than me. But it does not send a good message at ALL about the way this company views women or understands women and what we deserve and need if the only way they know how to do it is to make her "go it alone." That is NOT progress, guys. That is not feminism. Women like Lois---career oriented, aggressive women---already face a public stigma that they are too serious, unlovable "selfish" etc. Lois and Clark being married to begin with was already an affront to that stigma, guys. It was like one of the only examples in fiction where the super serious aggressive job lady wasn't also painted as lonely etc.

DC Comics should be able to give Lois the spotlight she deserves while also allowing her to be loved and supported by her spouse. This is not rocket science and it's not progress for women or the franchise if they can't. And a male writer trying to paint Lois leaving the husband she loves and who loves her in return as a "feminist "act of some kind (as he appears to be trying to do here) should be deeply, deeply concerning to people.
    This ALL OF THIS, but especially the last part I put in bold. I am upset with Bendis's take on this and am very apprehensive about what's to come.