Page 79 of 613 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    In the aftermath of Dark Nights: Metal, the Man of Steel has been challenged like never before. As he faces his greatest challenge to date, the status quo for Superman will be changed forever! With an all-star team of illustrators including Ivan Reis, Evan "Doc" Shaner, Ryan Sook, Kevin Maguire, Adam Hughes and Jason Fabok, Bendis takes us back to the roots of the Man of Steel and questions the very foundations set 80 years ago by Joe Siegel and Jerry Shuster!
    Until the next relaunch/readership riot and exodus anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Until the next relaunch/readership riot and exodus anyway
    Or the next Crisis

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Again, let's please avoid wasting time. This thread did exist before yesterday and we still are on the tip of the iceberg with verifiable news.

Seems like I miss something yesterday.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Or the next Crisis
    "It’s some of the biggest status quo changes to Superman literally since Crisis".

Yep....That's my take-Crisis re-boot or, mini-boot....

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's the one thing, that sort if phrase is constantly abused for hyperbole, but would dc really hold back if Bendis was down to do something that drastic?

For all the people who say crisis was a mistake, I think not going that big was the problem before. Those big moves make it a little hard to nitpick and edit the line like they have been.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I'm going to try to explain why moral relavism is wrong because it is a view that I once held. I took an ethics course last summer, and the first chapter was dedicated to dispelling moral relativism at both the individual and societal level. This frustrated me because I too thought that morality was relative. So I'll try to explain this as best I can with my very limited knowledge on the matter. If social relativism holds true, then ethics cannot function.

The argument against individual moral relativism is exemplified by Ted Bundy. If morals vary from person to person, who is to say that killing others is wrong? If there is no set universal universal morality, then by what grounds may we claim that murder is wrong?

One could say that the individual would be judged by society and the morals of societies are relative. However, this larger scale view breaks down the same way as it does on the individual level. If one society condemns genocide and another practices it, and morality is relative to each society, then it is impossible to claim that the actions of another society are wrong.

Therefore, for us to be able to determine right and wrong, we must hold morality to by universal and independent of time or place. We must determine morality based upon universal rules ("Treat other persons not solely as a means to an end, but as an end themself", etc.) There are many different theories as to how to determine right and wrong (deontological, utilitarian) but each one is built upon the foundation that it is universally true and applicable.
    You're speaking the Truth here, friend. Too bad very few here are sane enough to understand or believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    .....this is the part that worries me the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    ^ I have to agree. We've only been enjoying a stable, classic (more-or-less) for what, a year now? Less? We don't need more "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!" shake-ups...

But, as always, I live in hope...
    I want to live in hope, but with Johns no longer influencing the print division and DiDio back in the center seat, I'm extremely worried. The man has never liked Superman and with Rebirth done, he seems to be keen on "experimenting" with the character instead of portraying the character in iconic fashion. If Bendis screws things up with this "new direction," I'll be gone again and won't return until DiDio is gone. I'm not the only one that feels that way, either.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    "It’s some of the biggest status quo changes to Superman literally since Crisis".

This just goes to show that DC (specifically, Dan DiDio) neither likes or gets Superman and is only happy with the character when it's being rebooted or "reimagined" in some way.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 03-16-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: off topic

Maybe in the next reboot they'd remove his cape or somethin'

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That's the one thing, that sort if phrase is constantly abused for hyperbole, but would dc really hold back if Bendis was down to do something that drastic?
    Maybe, it depends on what he'd do and how much of the confort zone he'd leave (Leaving too much like Morrison did in New X-Men can be a problem), but of course it wouldn't last forever, changes hardly ever stay considering that there would be only one universe and Supes was supposed to be the only Kryptonian, then we the pocket universe not even a year later, then Kara finaly returned lol.

For all the people who say crisis was a mistake, I think not going that big was the problem before. Those big moves make it a little hard to nitpick and edit the line like they have been.
    Crisis wasn't exactly necessary, the characters from other universes could just be introduced in Earth One, and the other universes could just be ignored, but then again, back then something like that had the feel of being permanent, nowadays if something like that happens, fans just wait for **** to go back to normal lol.

BANNED

then we the pocket universe not even a year later, then Kara finaly returned lol
    That was an alien shape-shifter who took Kara's form, then she merged with a human, then she became an angel, because comics are weird.

It actually took them another two and a half decades for a proper Kara to return

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That was an alien shape-shifter who took Kara's form, then she merged with a human, then she became an angel, because comics are weird.

It actually took them another two and a half decades for a proper Kara to return
    Matrix wasn't actualy an alien, she was made by Pocket Universe Luthor. When I mentioned Kara I meant the real one, but I did word that sentence poorly, so I can see why there was a misunderstanding.

Maybe in the next reboot they'd remove his cape or somethin'
    HA...I could only imagine the OUT CRY especially, from the people that hate "the trunks" but love "the cape" - bang-zoom

Maybe, it depends on what he'd do and how much of the confort zone he'd leave (Leaving too much like Morrison did in New X-Men can be a problem), but of course it wouldn't last forever, changes hardly ever stay considering that there would be only one universe and Supes was supposed to be the only Kryptonian, then we the pocket universe not even a year later, then Kara finaly returned lol.
    That is what I'm saying - I miss those guys, and just like they Star Trek, I believe that "Pocket Universe" is hung up in the Nexus ribbon, and the planets are align just right, to allow for a door way where those characters come back to this universe.

Crisis wasn't exactly necessary, the characters from other universes could just be introduced in Earth One, and the other universes could just be ignored, but then again, back then something like that had the feel of being permanent, nowadays if something like that happens, fans just wait for **** to go back to normal lol.
    Yep...you are absolutely RIGHT! Crisis the original 85 version - was not necessary, all the "Pre-crisis" universe needed was:
    1) more accurate continuity and greater consistency in character development going forward - really you could have stop right, that along with a few more and better "Sagas" story telling arcs. 2) Then trim some of the excess and redundancies. 3) slight alterations to total overhauls of few select established characters.
    Last edited by jimmy; 03-16-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    You're speaking the Truth here, friend. Too bad very few here are sane enough to understand or believe it.

I want to live in hope, but with Johns no longer influencing the print division and DiDio back in the center seat, I'm extremely worried. The man has never liked Superman and with Rebirth done, he seems to be keen on "experimenting" with the character instead of portraying the character in iconic fashion. If Bendis screws things up with this "new direction," I'll be gone again and won't return until DiDio is gone. I'm not the only one that feels that way, either.

This just goes to show that DC (specifically, Dan DiDio) neither likes or gets Superman and is only happy with the character when it's being rebooted or "reimagined" in some way.
    Yeah I wasn't a big fan of that re-boot and I miss that Superman, as that universe could have been fix easily...

That's because Dido likes projects, and Superman at that point is in "project building mode" but the thing is a part of Superman should always been growing and expanding; powers abilities, and especially mentally. The mental side in Superman has been lacking and I hate seeing him portrayed as some dummy when he really should be the smartest cat on the planet.

I know during the 1985 86 reboot he was depowered physically and mentally both were mistakes, unless DC was going to show progression having his abilities increase over time.

Amazing Member

Yep...you are absolutely RIGHT! Crisis the original 85 version - was not necessary, all the "Pre-crisis" universe needed was:
    1) more accurate continuity and greater consistency in character development going forward - really you could have stop right, that along with a few more and better "Sagas" story telling arcs. 2) Then trim some of the excess and redundancies. 3) slight alterations to total overhauls of few select established characters.
    Essentially what unfolded with batman over the few years after crisis.

I'll always wonder what sort of neat new additions to the mythos and story arcs would have been made had they largely kept pre-crisis superman intact. So much creative storytelling energy has been spent over the past 30 years trying to 'fix' the character rather than adding to him.

HA...I could only imagine the OUT CRY especially, from the people that hate "the trunks" but love "the cape" - bang-zoom
    It'd change his silhouette a lot, which is generally a "no-no" in art design, but who knows? It may happen someday.

He's got good shoulders, he could pull it off.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It'd change his silhouette a lot, which is generally a "no-no" in art design, but who knows? It may happen someday.

He's got good shoulders, he could pull it off.
    Hmmm....you know, I always thought if Superman ever needed to go under cover - to keep a down low profile for some reason, he would wear the black outfit

Attachment 63424
    Last edited by jimmy; 03-17-2018 at 01:34 AM.