Page 90 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    From the video that played during the DC Publishers panel at Wondercon today

https://www.newsarama.com/39195-wond....OOF4iq32.uxfs
    I watched this..can't lie, I am a bi saddened that Jon isn't on Damian's teen titans team anymore. I'm not on the side that thinks DC is killing him, but man, it sucks he is getting less and less chances on other books. Maybe DC is just keeping plans for Jon underlock, I just really don't want his only appearances in Superman/Action Comics.

Jon is not on the same team with Damian? No
    I like their dynamic.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I watched this..can't lie, I am a bi saddened that Jon isn't on Damian's teen titans team anymore. I'm not on the side that thinks DC is killing him, but man, it sucks he is getting less and less chances on other books. Maybe DC is just keeping plans for Jon underlock, I just really don't want his only appearances in Superman/Action Comics.
    What are they doing with Jon?

Super Sons is cancelled. I am hoping that Superlad turns out to be correct and Jon does play a role in Man of Steel. Though its entirely possible that he does not appear. After you mentioned this, i so wish that he joined the Teen Titans. Till then they said age and later the team's problems. But now its possible that we aren't getting any Jon for like two months.

Frustrating. I am getting that issue of Jon and Damian. I think that dog was dynamomutt.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

To be completely honest with you I was pretty much expecting that so I'm not surprised. I can't say for certain of course and there might still be something in the works for Jon but it looks like either Bendis has some sort of plans for Jon and he's not willing to share him because of those or that they are really going to sideline him. At the very least they are confining him to one or both Superman books but now I'm really not expecting much more than throwaway lines at this point or really background appearances were he says two or so lines and that's it. This news does nothing to quell my gut feels on this whole thing to be honest.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    What are they doing with Jon?

Super Sons is cancelled. I am hoping that Superlad turns out to be correct and Jon does play a role in Man of Steel. Though its entirely possible that he does not appear. After you mentioned this, i so wish that he joined the Teen Titans. Till then they said age and later the team's problems. But now its possible that we aren't getting any Jon for like two months.

Frustrating. I am getting that issue of Jon and Damian. I think that dog was dynamomutt.
    Oh, I am sure he is playing a role in man of steel, he is even mentioned in the solicits. I am just sad he doesn't appear to have a role outside of Bendis books so far.

BANNED

Edity: Nevermind, I think what I linked to was art from the AC special
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-25-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

There are other storytellers for the upcoming special, but chances are they're in the boat of technically lacking a certain relevance to Bendis, aside from Jurgens and Tomasi/Gleason of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    There are other storytellers for the upcoming special, but chances are they're in the boat of technically lacking a certain relevance to Bendis, aside from Jurgens and Tomasi/Gleason of course.
    Eh, I don't really even think Jurgens story will have relevance since it's just a thank you superman story, with not much impact on the narrative. Tomasi's story could be the same as well, just remains to be seen.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 03-26-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Off topic posts were moved to a thread discussing another creator on Action #1000.

Eh, I don't really even think Jurgens story will have relevance since it's just a thank you superman story, with how much impact on the narrative. Tomasi's story could be the same as well, just remains to be seen.
    Despite them saying it's not really vignettes, it really looks that way. But I think Jurgens will still have a connection to the main story somehow where something like the King story doesn't really explicit relevance at all.

Many Superman fans are really sad these days.. We hope that the future will be less dark than we think now..

I remember one Supersons fan complaining in twitter about the new Teen Titans.. The TT are not replacing supersons, during rebirth Damian was in TT too and the comic will continue in the issue 20.. and more comments because Superboy is not in that comic, despite DC gave a reason for not add him in this team in SS comic, his age..

I am sure that you will see him in something related with Supersons in August solicitations or before the end of this year..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-26-2018 at 06:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Off topic posts were moved to a thread discussing another creator on Action #1000.

Despite them saying it's not really vignettes, it really looks that way. But I think Jurgens will still have a connection to the main story somehow where something like the King story doesn't really explicit relevance at all.
    King's story I feel is made to serve as reassurance in light of Bendis taking over...that no matter what, Jon will come out of the other end fine.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

What if Jon is sent to the future for a post-Rebirth Legion of Superheroes?

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    What if Jon is sent to the future for a post-Rebirth Legion of Superheroes?
    I'd really like that idea. Now I'm going to be sad if that DOESN'T happen :P

As long as he's not the major force in either of the main two titles like he was in Superman during the Rebirth era, I don't care where he goes. In that vein, I'm disappointed as well we haven't seen him listed on the TT roster or anything else yet. Just because I worry about anything that ups the chances of the former happening.

I just want the choice of whether or not to consume his character in a main character-like capacity (main character being key, I can't stress enough I understand he's going to be around now in the Super books in a SUPPORTING capacity). Tomasi/Gleason tried to force the former approach on me in a book titled Superman. I did not appreciate that and it just made me resent an idea I already had reservations about from the word go. Put him in a YJ book, put him in LOSH, put him anywhere else, and I have that choice. And who knows, maybe eventually I choose to give the character another chance and grow to like him. But having it forced down my throat via the main Superman titles is only a guarantee that I'll continue to resent the character.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-26-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I just want the choice of whether or not to consume his character in a main character-like capacity (main character being key, I can't stress enough I understand he's going to be around now in the Super books in a SUPPORTING capacity). Tomasi/Gleason tried to force the former approach on me in a book titled Superman. I did not appreciate that and it just made me resent an idea I already had reservations about from the word go. Put him in a YJ book, put him in LOSH, put him anywhere else, and I have that choice. And who knows, maybe eventually I choose to give the character another chance and grow to like him. But having it forced down my throat via the main Superman titles is only a guarantee that I'll continue to resent the character.
    I want a choice as well so I can certainly understand that. I, however, would like the choice of reading Jon's adventures in a book that isn't being handled by Bendis. I'm not even interested in continuing with the Super books because of Bendis (at least until I hear what some of you have to say about his first few issues anyway) and if that's the only place that Jon even shows up with anything resembling regularity then I'm sh*t out of luck insofar as being able to read about him anymore. It's really annoying actually but I will not spend one cent on the Superman books until I'm certain we are getting "good" Bendis and not the one Marvel's had for the last several years.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG