Page 98 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 9194
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well, usually people get the other crossdressing scene, where he doesn't describe himself as "very masculine," haha.

Jimmy seems like the one character from the Superman mythos that gets reinterpreted and changed up the most. There's no real solid take on him, for the most part. Every writer brings something new to the table.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jimmy is a crossdresser.
    Yeah he is. Jimmy Olsen is a strong, independent man and he will not be held down by anyone else's ideas of what love can look like.

#JimmyPride

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Well, usually people get the other crossdressing scene, where he doesn't describe himself as "very masculine," haha.
    I couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Kid's fought New Gods.

It's like if Steve Rogers had never taken the super soldier serum and still decided to go pick a fight with Thanos.

And Jimmy won. Dude's masculine as hell. He just also knows that his ass looks good in high heels. Or something.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The one thing I've been waiting to hear a writer describe in recent years is how managing to be a normal kid who hangs out with Superman is the best thing ever but involves dealing with many things that are proportionately terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Jimmy seems like the one character from the Superman mythos that gets reinterpreted and changed up the most. There's no real solid take on him, for the most part. Every writer brings something new to the table.
    When writers actually do something with him.

I think the last time Jimmy got more then a cameo or a few panels of screentime was back during Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When writers actually do something with him.

I think the last time Jimmy got more then a cameo or a few panels of screentime was back during Truth.
    That true. Typically he's just someone who can deliver exposition from one character to another or just Superman's voice of moral support when someone is saying bad things about him.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I just checked out the blog you linked, and some of his ideas run parallel to my own, and a few of his ideas are ones I hadn't considered; mainly the publishing down-cycle when people aren't buying new books. People actually *stop* buying new books during part of the year? What is wrong with them? And some of his ideas I doubt would work (where is he gonna get the revenue to pay creators a bonus for high sales? How does that benefit the poor guy stuck writing a title that can't break out of the mid-tiers no matter what the creators do?)

Still, it was a far more level-headed assessment than I had expected, given how you've described the man. But ultimately, if his personal conduct with his blog has turned potential customers away I'd be very hesitant about the guy. I mean, we see plenty of that in the professional world already, and it's a serious problem that needs to be stopped, not rewarded. I don't really care what a professional's personal politics or opinions are, but they need to figure out where it's okay to air that, and where it's not. Your workplace isn't it. Ever.
    I honestly never considered it being possible that anyone would not buy books at all but I am also not part of the print industry either. Hmm interesting to know that his plan missed out on trying to figure out how to deal with the writers whose books don't sell well at all. He'd have to put it on the chopping block. What another ideas of his have you found that you doubt would work. Well with how Shawn James is his own boss when he runs his imprint I imagine that he has been running wild uncheck and he isn't even aware of so he's not my pick for editor in chief at DC or any company not when he can't control himself and perform good PR.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Don't know where else to put this, but apparently Nat Irons will be joining the Titans as Steel post No Justice. Pretty glad to hear this honestly. She was kind of slipping away in relevancy, and I think she'd work very well in Titans. Not really interested in the book, but still glad.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The claim that this is "bigger than Crisis" could also just be hyperbolic too. I mean, in every interview Scott Snyder ever gives he says that his current story is the "one story I would tell if I could only tell one story, and it'll change everything forever and ever!" Hell, I think that kind of over-selling is half the reason fans here started to hate the guy.

It could be something as simple as the Kents coming back to life.

Or Clark might leave the planet on some big epic quest.

Or Krypton isn't actually destroyed.

Or Kara isn't actually his cousin.

Or someone is gay (likely Jimmy).

Or Lois is knocked up again.

Or Conner returns from limbo.

Or we learn that Clark actually landed in 1938 and had lived an entire life we know nothing about, and all those flashbacks with the Kents *really* took place before WWII.

Or Clark himself, through some weird time travel nonsense, destroyed Krypton fighting Solaris or Brainiac or G'Nort.

Could be anything, but the odds of it really being bigger than Crisis seem awfully slim to me.
    I would like to see Lois getting knocked up. Since, sometime i wanted a sister for Jon.

And i hate the 1938 idea. It makes no sense. And it would mean Lana would be like 80 years old. And Superman would be too. He would now pull an Edward Cullen on Lois. I don't hate Twilight. I think its good in places. But a 100 year old man however young looking romancing a 20 year old shall be for the vampires and the Draculas. Supreme was okay. As he wasn't technically Superman. And Alan Moore was writing. But for Superman i hate it.

Overall, i am agreeing with you. This change most probably is being blown out of proportion.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    An intriguing idea, but I grow weary of this argument seen frequently in this forum: "it can always be undone later." Why do it at all, then? Why compromise the unities of a character for the sake of shock and "bold new directions!" instead of simply telling new stories based on and in the core elements of a character? I also feel that it's time to stop manipulating Superman's origins in any way and that no story can justify the continued damage such changes bring. Enough is enough. I wouldn't mind your ideas in an Elseworlds/Multiverse story, but not the main continuity.

A ridiculous idea, which doesn't mean it's not something DC would do. That said, I'm almost certain that Bendis will try to do this with Jimmy Olsen and that it will backfire for him and DC.
    Well I was me mostly speculating anyway based on what we've heard so far. It's just one possibility. We will all know soon enough. I'm betting that Ascended is right and ultimately Bendis' changes will probably fail to live up to the hype we fans and readers are building up in our heads. Kinda like with Star Wars. After TFA we all speculated about Rey being Luke's daughter, Snoke just had to be Darth Plageous, Luke was going to be Jedi Superman etc. Then TLJ comes out, and Rey really was just a scavenger girl like the first movie told us, Snoke isn't really the big bad of this trilogy and Luke doesnt actually do a lot until the final act and a bunch of people walked out going " that's it?". With all the speculation with what Bendis may do, we could see a similar situation and by the end of MOS #6 a lot of the fan community will be going..." So that was Bendis' big change? Huh." Followed by disappointment by some and sigh of relief from others.

Although the difference here is that the fans created the hype out of thin air with Star Wars and the hype this time is being driven in part by cryptic teases in interviews.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-04-2018 at 03:45 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I honestly never considered it being possible that anyone would not buy books at all but I am also not part of the print industry either. Hmm interesting to know that his plan missed out on trying to figure out how to deal with the writers whose books don't sell well at all. He'd have to put it on the chopping block. What another ideas of his have you found that you doubt would work. Well with how Shawn James is his own boss when he runs his imprint I imagine that he has been running wild uncheck and he isn't even aware of so he's not my pick for editor in chief at DC or any company not when he can't control himself and perform good PR.
    Hey, I think the idea of rewarding creators for high-selling books is an idea with merit....it just probably isn't actually feasible, and it won't be based on actual quality. The only thing I can think of is running a smaller print-line with higher cancellation vectors to generate the extra money necessary to pay bonuses to whoever is writing Batman. And that's what it would be. Deathstroke is one of the best titles DC has right now, with a very popular writer, and it'll rarely, if ever, crack 100K. Batman on the other hand, can crack 100K without too much effort, and you don't have to be a Snyder or Bendis to get there, you just have to hype the story up and get fans scared of what you'll do.

This blogger of your's also seems to have a much higher opinion of print retail than I do. I don't see print being a viable option for the future, regardless of how you're distributing it. He talks about wanting to get kids back into comics and I agree with that 100%, but if you're gonna do that you're doing it digitally. Besides, I'm pretty sure the Diamond Deal slants things so print distribution through other channels knocks the price up way too much.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Don't know where else to put this, but apparently Nat Irons will be joining the Titans as Steel post No Justice. Pretty glad to hear this honestly. She was kind of slipping away in relevancy, and I think she'd work very well in Titans. Not really interested in the book, but still glad.
    Where did you hear that? This is the first I've heard of it. Not doubting you obviously, just curious why more sites aren't reporting about it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Where did you hear that? This is the first I've heard of it. Not doubting you obviously, just curious why more sites aren't reporting about it.
    they all reported about it during wonder con weekend, though all Scott Snyder said was that Steel would be on the team, fans are just assuming it's Nat.

As for why you haven't heard more details, seems like DC wasn't ready too announce the team yet and Scott just leaked details early.