Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Would you care to see Dick!Bats again?

Given how we will be seeing the return of Damian!Bats in Arkham Asylum 2, it begs the question--would anyone care to see Dick Grayson as Batman again?

Many on here who know me know I prefer this version of the character, over Dick as Nightwing and Bruce as Batman, but I know this is an unpopular opinion. My question is, would anyone want to see a one-off or elseworlds storyline featuring Dick back in the cowl?

I just feel like we didn't get enough Batman stories with him before Bruce's return, and I really would love to read more of those.

BANNED

Would love it but DC wont do it. In my headcanon he was Batman all the way up to Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Would love it but DC wont do it. In my headcanon he was Batman all the way up to Grayson.
    Lol, I have the same headcanon!

Anyways, hell yeah I want more DickBats. Just not as Dick's future in the mainline universe. He's beyond that. He's not the successor, the temporary fill-in, or any of that. He's better than Batman now, he was Batman and learned from that experience. The sooner DC editors start enforcing that idea, the better stories we'll get, imo.

Again, if you're giving me a flashback, then, yes, please! If you're telling a new story set in the DickBats time, much like how we get the occasional Dick as Robin stories? Then of course, give me as many of those kinds of stories as possible! An Elseworld? Definitely, that could make for some exciting stuff. Anything other than that? Nah, go away, I don't want you telling stories about Dick.

Nah. Dickbats wasn't my taste at all. Bruce on the other hand always is.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

No. As much as I loved Dick!bats I love Dick Grayson more and adding spice and variety to another's title doesn't benefit him. Put effort in Nightwing or better yet let Dick a spy again. The no 1 spy [sorry Tiger]

BANNED

A lot of people in this thread seem to think I was asking if they wanted to see Dick!Bats in regular canon...

Even in an elseworld I want the Nightwing persona highlighted and promoted more but failing that yeah sure give me Dick!Bats

Incredible Member

I'd be happy with a flashback series set in the time of the last Dickbats era, but I don't like people flip flopping between identities too much.

The Grant Morrison Batman and Robin with Dick as bats is one of my favorite Batman runs ever! I would love to see Dick take the mantle of Batman again.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Heck, yeah I'd love to see more Dick!Bats again at some point whether its in continuity, an elseworlds story or just a one off story about his time under the cowl. I'd take any of them to be honest so long as they are well written. I'm like you I prefer Dick as Batman over Bruce as Batman but as you say its an unpopular opinion to have. I honestly think they've done all that can be done with Dick as Nightwing, again another unpopular opinion to have, and that the character is beginning to stagnate as a result.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-01-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Dick should truly become Batman. Despite some opinions, I really think that he is the best suited for the title right now. Barring that, I would like him to helm a "Bat" spy organization, making use of his experience as AGent 37.

Not for a while. The opportunity has past and to do it again now just wouldn’t be the same. They need to give it more time if they were to do it again. Right now with the Titan show coming, and them wanting to do a movie, it’d probably be better to build upon Nightwing for now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-01-2018 at 08:50 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Dick should truly become Batman. Despite some opinions, I really think that he is the best suited for the title right now. Barring that, I would like him to helm a "Bat" spy organization, making use of his experience as AGent 37.
    That would be great too. I really liked him as Agent 37 and to be total honest with you guys I'd take him leading the spy corner of the DCU over him leading the Titans. I think that ship has sailed as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I would like this... and better if Damian appears as Batman Robin again..

No, DC instead needs to allow Dick to break the bat ceiling.

Dick should be allowed to take Batman's role on the justice league because he is better suited to it, but he can't because he's not batman.

Making him batman is just getting around this problem when they should really just solve the problem.