Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default If Marvel were to commit to another Blade film...

What would you want to see?

I've said I'd like to see some sort of "Old Man Blade". But you don't want it to ring as a ripoff of what was done with Logan. Instead, I'd set it in a future where the Vampires have won and have divided the earth into territories (think Into the Badlands).

I'd very heavily borrow from Hara-Kiri and Jet Li's Hero and have Blade seek out a Vampire lord and present himself. He'd recount stories of taking out other Vampires, but the Vampire lord would not believe him, because Blade is presumed dead.

Yaddda, yadda, yadda, violence ensues, Blade kills the vampires and dies at the end.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

That's a good question. I don't think I'd want Snipes back as Blade tbh.

I'd like to see Marvel Studios launch a supernatural corner of the MCU, and I'd like Blade to be at the forefront of that. I realize Disney is pro-PG-13, but hopefully movies like Deadpool and Logan would encourage them to push for rated R movies with characters that can benefit creatively from them. Can't imagine a PG-13 Blade movie. Just wouldn't work. Pull a young actor. Make him British this time around. Scott Derickson to direct maybe? I dunno, but I'd love to see it happen.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That's a good question. I don't think I'd want Snipes back as Blade tbh.

I'd like to see Marvel Studios launch a supernatural corner of the MCU, and I'd like Blade to be at the forefront of that. I realize Disney is pro-PG-13, but hopefully movies like Deadpool and Logan would encourage them to push for rated R movies with characters that can benefit creatively from them. Can't imagine a PG-13 Blade movie. Just wouldn't work. Pull a young actor. Make him British this time around. Scott Derickson to direct maybe? I dunno, but I'd love to see it happen.
    I agree with this entire post, but with special emphasis on the stuff in bold.

Extraordinary Member

Snipes should play S'yan, imo.

Otherwise, Snipes should play a modified version of Whistler to a younger Blade.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think it is only a matter of time before Marvel touches on the horror side of their universe, and the top two names on that list are probably Blade and Ghost Rider. The movies have done just about every other type of genre so horror is a no brainer. If they don't do a theatrical movie I could see them doing a Netlfix type show for the new Disney streaming service when it is up and running or a made for their service movie or series of movies. Blade is one of those properties that can be made much cheaper than their usual movies and still look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I agree with this entire post, but with special emphasis on the stuff in bold.
    Boyega is already a team player for Disney. He's an up and comer, and is a "known" entity that will be looking for his own franchise.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

I wouldn't mind seeing Snipes come back for another blade story, and they could even set it up to have him pass the torch, do some action he teams with a younger actor,
    He gives his power to new person and goes out in a blaze of glory

I think Blade might actually work better as a TV show. I'm not sure if we're getting anymore Net Flicks marvel shows, but IMO that would make an ideal platform for the character.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I would prefer a show as well. I would have it done in the style of the Defenders. There would be four solo series: Blade, Ghost Rider, Daimon Hellstrom, and Brother Voodoo. After the first two seasons, they would team up for a Midnight Sons show.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Boyega is already a team player for Disney. He's an up and comer, and is a "known" entity that will be looking for his own franchise.
    Just my opinion, but I don't see Boyega as Blade. He would be my pick for an adult MCU Sync (Generation X).

He looks too much the boy next door to be a ruthless vampire hunter.

Noel Clarke is too old, imo, and also has that boy next door look, too.

Blade should be good-looking, possess a level of charm/humor, and must be able to go from 0 to 100 in terms of intimidation/violence with a quickness.

Snipes had all these going for him.

I'm looking for an Idris Elba (but younger) type, basically.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I would prefer a show as well. I would have it done in the style of the Defenders. There would be four solo series: Blade, Ghost Rider, Daimon Hellstrom, and Brother Voodoo. After the first two seasons, they would team up for a Midnight Sons show.
    I think this crew can work as a film series. I would throw in Santanna & Lady Bloodstone to keep it from being a sausage fest.

Perhaps Doctor Strange can work as their handler.

A new group name may be in order to include the ladies.

I think this crew can work as a film series. I would throw in Santanna & Lady Bloodstone to keep it from being a sausage fest.

Just use The Nightstalkers.
    Pull List:

I'd like to see Jack Russell incorporated into whatever they do with Blade as well.
    Pull List:

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Spirits of Vengeance might work as a possible team name. Also, even though it was cool that Robbie was on AoS, I'd prefer if this Ghost Rider were either Johnny or Danny, to keep it strictly old school.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

Just my opinion, but I don't see Boyega as Blade. He would be my pick for an adult MCU Sync (Generation X).

He looks too much the boy next door to be a ruthless vampire hunter.

Noel Clarke is too old, imo, and also has that boy next door look, too.

Blade should be good-looking, possess a level of charm/humor, and must be able to go from 0 to 100 in terms of intimidation/violence with a quickness.

Snipes had all these going for him.

I'm looking for an Idris Elba (but younger) type, basically.

That makes Boyega more of a lock for Blade since in pop culture vampires are seen as the extremely handsome boy next door to catch people off guard with their vampirism, definitely not being cannon fodder like every known black male X-Man that’s appeared in a X-Men movie