Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I would be totally on board with Wesley Snipes doing another Blade movie, but only if it ties into the MCU. I'd rather not see a sequel to Blade Trinity. That movie was good, but kind of it's own thing. I thought Snipes was kind of ahead of his time in how he embraced playing his character. He kind of set the tone that Hugh Jackman and Robert Downy Jr. eventually followed. But if Snipes is serious about doing another Blade movie, I say give him a chance and let him stake his claim in the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Thought about this not long ago.

I decided. Wesley Snipes or bust.

I think he's owed that much. Just my humble opinion. He brought a character out of the relative obscurity of comic books (though one of my favorites as a horror aficionado) and made him basically a household name.
    More than just giving the bringing the character to life, he defined the character and reinforced if not gave him the iconic look that everyone thinks of when they think of blade.

Casting someone else in the role is like Casting Jared Leto as the joker... with heath ledger alive and willing to take the part.

Just write a great movie worthy of the character and roll

The movie starts with blade being sick, like leprosy sick, and he's like: (Voice Over) 20 years ago I killed all the vampires. Including myself.
    So imagine my disgust when find someone keeping one alive.
    - So Blade released a virus at the end of trinity that killed the entire vampire population
    - Someones kid was a vampire that they had been keeping alive, and when it died they went a wee bit mad.
    - That person, knew a person, who led him to a disciple/zealot of a man named Kaecilius. . .
    ...who told him of a book of great a terrible change, the darkhold.

(In this way neatly connecting the old blade-verse mildly sci-ency vampires to the dimensional/reality warping effects of the Doctor Strange Magic)

Anyway he walks into a trap. The "Parent" is performing a ritual and is essentially waiting for blade flagellating inside a dockhouse full of equally bound/drained people he finishes
    it and out of a spinning doc strange style portal walks a cgi hulkstyle Varnae the vampire. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Varnae_(Earth-616) with bloody runes on his body
    Whose arrival actually starts a huge fire, and an explosion and we see the rest in cutscenes/flashes through flames... from blades perspective, Varnae snatching humans out of their skin eating them like... like pixie stix if you can imagine
    and the voice over says...
    I was gone... sicker than I'd even been... confused... running lost to the world...
    and the worst of it coming to and finding it wasn't a dream the leaches are back and I have work to do.

Movie post credits are

Outside street shot of a deli, Neon light flickers ugly blue. Figures barely visible throught the glass
    Slow pan up from the center of a long dinner style table in a blue lit room past someones boot on the table, right up to blades chestplate armor and face...

"I don't appreciate my time being wasted!"
    *Fwoosh* yellow light... "I'm led to believe hunters would have more patience..."
    Benedict cumberdict sits down opposite blade.
    "Now to business..." looks up at the light and pulls at the air, and suddenly its a brightly lit longtable focus on Doc...
    We share a powerful common enemy, and have similar outlook on humanities place on the food chain, but while powerful
    I can't be everywhere at once... and I need more people willing to get their hands dirty... thoughts?
    Blades face. Fanged Smile.
    Biker boots on table, biker archtype guy says "Whatever... theres not a choice with you really"

Blade face: "..and what about you?"

Camera reveals man white suit sleeves rolled up...
    "Hmm sounds wonderful.... but I'd like to point out that I'd ordered already"

Doc Strange: Okay Mr.Knight .... Schwarma?

(So no, no passing of the Guard, but an expansion of the universe.)
    This shit writes itself.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Personally, I'd love to see a big screen 1970s period piece version of Tomb of Dracula with Blade being introduced into the MCU via that. Then, as the vampire side of him prevents aging, bring him into the modern MCU and use him as a launching pad for a supernatural line of movies: Werewolf by Night, Ghost Rider, Hellstrom, Bloodstone, all leading up to a Spirits of Vengeance/Midnight Sons team film. Guest appearance by Doctor Strange.

For the actor, I still dig me some Snipes, but I think new blood (no joke intended) would be better. Boyega would be decent, but I think I'd prefer Corey Hawkins (Straight Outta Compton, Kong: Skull Island). And then use Snipes in a different role in the MCU.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 02-01-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Wow I didn't realize there was actually more people who had the same thoughts as me I really thought "I have an idea, bbuuttt I bet no one else would like it" John Boyega being Blade, having it netflix, having him help lead up to a midknight sons, making sure to include different charcters to round out powers, and personalities.

So my over all thoughts: Blade should be Netflix, played by John Boyega (good with disney, rising action star, and has already had a hit netflix original) , have Snipes in it as Jamal Afari (he did say he was open to really any Marvel role https://www.cbr.com/snipes-blade-4-marvel-character/), i'd also have Spitfire played by N/A, and Werewolf by Night played by Michiel Huisman as supporting characters. For villain Baron Blood played by I originally thought Mark Strong so as long as Shazam doesn't prevent him i'd go with him otherwise N/A. I would keep it set in London (in fact I would keep the Marvel Netflix Supernatural away from big cities or at least from cities that wouldn't feel like New York). For Trailer song (cause a song really can make a impact on how peoples view of it before hand is, which could influence their end decision) I thought Avelino - Long Time Coming.

Now my choices to make the midknight sons is Ghost Rider (Reyes, though series would star both him and Blaze I don't want to have to see the sons go Metalocalypse on us), Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, and Were Wolf by Night, brought together by Damian Hellstorm to stop his sister Satanna (following slimier story to their comic founding but with DH and SH taking the places of Doctor Strange and Lillith which I feel can work since powers are similar and the MCU has a history of removing/replacing elements but keeping the spirit).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I would prefer a show as well. I would have it done in the style of the Defenders. There would be four solo series: Blade, Ghost Rider, Daimon Hellstrom, and Brother Voodoo. After the first two seasons, they would team up for a Midnight Sons show.
    I like that but I would swap out Hellstrom for Elsa Bloodstone. Hellstrom just seems like his origin is way too for lack of a better word "comic booky" to work in a more real world setting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Just use The Nightstalkers.
    You got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I like that but I would swap out Hellstrom for Elsa Bloodstone. Hellstrom just seems like his origin is way too for lack of a better word "comic booky" to work in a more real world setting.
    I don't know...we're essentially talking about Damien from the Omen using his heritage for good (albeit in a kinda messed up fashion at times). I think viewers could get behind that concept without it coming off too comic booky.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Spirits of Vengeance might work as a possible team name. Also, even though it was cool that Robbie was on AoS, I'd prefer if this Ghost Rider were either Johnny or Danny, to keep it strictly old school.
    I'm mostly used to Blaze, to be honest. I don't watch TV, so Blaze might work better on film, plus we gotta move on from Nicolas Cage. As long as the casting is on point which is the norm for Marvel films.

Astonishing Member

I doubt Wesley Snipes will ever show up in a Marvel movie again.

1. He's gone to prison for tax evasion
    2. Jennifer Lopez all but named him when talking about filming a love scene where she felt "violated"
    3. His conduct on the set of Blade Trinity is the stuff of legend

I'll add that I'd really rather see it on the big screen than on Netflix (or another streaming service) because, frankly, I trust Kevin Feige about a billion times more than I do Jeph Loeb to do justice to the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    That makes Boyega more of a lock for Blade since in pop culture vampires are seen as the extremely handsome boy next door to catch people off guard with their vampirism, definitely not being cannon fodder like every known black male X-Man that’s appeared in a X-Men movie
    Idunno man....

I don't want folks to say...what's Finn doing hunting vampires?

Blade is a skilled swordsman, with decades of experience. Seeing Boyega with a sword chopping up vampires while getting his tailed kicked as Finn with a lightsaber might be too much.

I just don't see Boyega as an intimidating presence.

I truly believe the MCU X-Men will be a totally different animal from the Fox X-Men, and the comics X-Men from the last 20 years post Bob Harris. I think black mutants will strive in Marvel made X-films.

If I'm wrong, feel free to bring this post up in the future to remind me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'll add that I'd really rather see it on the big screen than on Netflix (or another streaming service) because, frankly, I trust Kevin Feige about a billion times more than I do Jeph Loeb to do justice to the character.
    Go big screen, or nothing at all.

Filmmakers just have to be creative about working around the gore.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I don't know...we're essentially talking about Damien from the Omen using his heritage for good (albeit in a kinda messed up fashion at times). I think viewers could get behind that concept without it coming off too comic booky.
    I just don't think you will ever see Disney do a movie or TV show with a character that is the son of the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Idunno man....

I don't want folks to say...what's Finn doing hunting vampires?

Blade is a skilled swordsman, with decades of experience. Seeing Boyega with a sword chopping up vampires while getting his tailed kicked as Finn with a lightsaber might be too much.

I just don't see Boyega as an intimidating presence.

I truly believe the MCU X-Men will be a totally different animal from the Fox X-Men, and the comics X-Men from the last 20 years post Bob Harris. I think black mutants will strive in Marvel made X-films.

If I'm wrong, feel free to bring this post up in the future to remind me.
    Boyega can be tough when he needs to. If they went with a younger version of Blade I could see Boyega borrowing elements of Moses from Attack the Block.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

John boyega has a Dopey round soy face. If we could just be honest... There's nothing predatory about him. He's just too goddamn soft to be a vampire Hunter much less the man himself
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 02-01-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.