Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I could be wrong about Boyega. If he is cast as the film version of Blade, I'm gonna put down money to see it.

The MCU is great with casting, imo.

I think Pacific Rim, and even something like Robotech, fits perfectly for Boyega.

I think he works best in sci-fi as opposed to supernatural.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Idunno man....

I don't want folks to say...what's Finn doing hunting vampires?

Blade is a skilled swordsman, with decades of experience. Seeing Boyega with a sword chopping up vampires while getting his tailed kicked as Finn with a lightsaber might be too much.

I just don't see Boyega as an intimidating presence.

I truly believe the MCU X-Men will be a totally different animal from the Fox X-Men, and the comics X-Men from the last 20 years post Bob Harris. I think black mutants will strive in Marvel made X-films.

If I'm wrong, feel free to bring this post up in the future to remind me.

Nobody said “that what’s Nino Brown doing hunting vampires?” so the idea that people can’t tell the difference doesn’t hold wait especially since nobody is saying that about Boyega with Pacific Rim 2. Sounds like you’ve only seen him in Star Wars which is limited your view as he’s done intimidating in two other movies most notably Attack The Block and since we’re still a couple years away from Marvel taking over the mutants I still wouldn’t even fan cast Nick Cannon in a X-Men movie cause even he doesn’t deserve to be wallpaper in a X-Men movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    John boyega has a Dopey round soy face. If we could just be honest... There's nothing predatory about him. He's just too goddamn soft to be vampire Hunter much less the man himself
    Why did you go down that path, lol?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    John boyega has a Dopey round soy face. If we could just be honest... There's nothing predatory about him. He's just too goddamn soft to be vampire Hunter much less the man himself

And Michael Keaton was known as a comedic actor and yet people point to him as the definitive Batman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Nobody said “that what’s Nino Brown doing hunting vampires?” so the idea that people can’t tell the difference doesn’t hold wait especially since nobody is saying that about Boyega with Pacific Rim 2. Sounds like you’ve only seen him in Star Wars which is limited your view as he’s done intimidating in two other movies most notably Attack The Block and since we’re still a couple years away from Marvel taking over the mutants I still wouldn’t even fan cast Nick Cannon in a X-Men movie cause even he doesn’t deserve to be wallpaper in a X-Men movie
    Don't forget Passenger 57. He also did Too Wong Foo....

The thing is, Snipes can be very menacing, yet somber.

Wesley has range.

Could Boyega pull this scene off....with his face?

As far as the X-Men in MCU, I'm just speculating.

Don't forget Passenger 57. He also did Too Wong Foo....

The thing is, Snipes can be very menacing, yet somber.

Wesley has range.

Could Boyega pull this scene off....with his face?

As far as the X-Men in MCU, I'm just speculating.
    The thing is, if this film is relaunched sans Snipes, I don't want someone just doing a karaoke version of Snipes' Blade. We saw Sticky Fingaz do that already.

It has to exist as it's own thing. Boyega is just someone I tossed out because he's british, has worked with Disney, and is known.

It doesn't HAVE to be him, but regardless of who is cast they need to be able to make the character their own.

Unless it's Snipes. Then he can mug all day.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    The thing is, if this film is relaunched sans Snipes, I don't want someone just doing a karaoke version of Snipes' Blade. We saw Sticky Fingaz do that already.

It has to exist as it's own thing. Boyega is just someone I tossed out because he's british, has worked with Disney, and is known.

It doesn't HAVE to be him, but regardless of who is cast they need to be able to make the character their own.

Unless it's Snipes. Then he can mug all day.
    You right about Sticky. He was totally miscast. Has he done work worth noting since?

I also agree about the actor doing his own thing with the part.

I was one of those that thought: Heath as the Joker?! Are they crazy?!

Then, I saw first image, zipped my lips, and went on to enjoy his performance.

Speaking of actors making the part their own, this is why I don't want these characters to be tied to one actor.

I want to see different actors do their spin over the decades.

To me, these characters are equal to James Bond & Doctor Who.

Every generation should have their Blade, imo.

In 20 years, I would love to see a sit down with all the actors who played Blade on film (but leaving Sticky at home).

Wesley will be at the head of the table.

Somebody mentioned revamping Blade as British, Boyega is British. He's listed as the same height as Snipes too. Some time in the gym to give him the physique. It could work. It worked for Chris Pratt. He wasn't always as ripped as he is now.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    And Michael Keaton was known as a comedic actor and yet people point to him as the definitive Batman
    I don't care. Batman is actually a terrible example last I heard everyone was pointing it whoever the last Batman was saying this! This is Batman! Moving on...

Sticky Fingas
    For the life of me I could not remember the man from onyx's name. I just keep hearing Slam in my head over and over again.
    And Anthony Shaw I I completely agree with you Wesley Snipes was incredible actor and has some real range...
    Also I rarely find him boring... Hell even Simon Phoenix was super interesting
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Marvels casting has been pretty solid. I'm fairly confident whoever why theoretically choose for the role would do a good job. And it doesn't even need to be a big name star, as I believe the marvel brand name alone at this point would likely be enough to garner a solid audience regardless of star power (though star power never hurts).

That said, I'd rather it be someone other than Snipes. I want an actor who can carry the franchise for another 3 movies (if it's a movie) or 5 seasons plus (if it's a TV show). That probably means getting a younger actor you can get some milage out of.

I agree with this entire post, but with special emphasis on the stuff in bold.
    I always pictured John Boyega in the role of a younger blade. If not him then hopefully there’s an unknown out there that can pull the role off.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Blade needs to have a British accent the next time they bring him into live action. And try to mimic 90s Blade more than 2000s synergy Snipeseque Blade.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I remember seeing Snipes blade as THE blade. I know he appeared in the Spider-Man Cartoon but Snipes IS blade to me so if like to see him come back even if it was to pass the torch

I think you include Snipes at some level even if it a Stan Lee cameo. He headlined what is arguably the granddaddy of the modern superhero genre.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I remember seeing Snipes blade as THE blade. I know he appeared in the Spider-Man Cartoon but Snipes IS blade to me so if like to see him come back even if it was to pass the torch
    So what to play the next Blades mentor?