Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    What would you want to see?

I've said I'd like to see some sort of "Old Man Blade". But you don't want it to ring as a ripoff of what was done with Logan. Instead, I'd set it in a future where the Vampires have won and have divided the earth into territories (think Into the Badlands).

I'd very heavily borrow from Hara-Kiri and Jet Li's Hero and have Blade seek out a Vampire lord and present himself. He'd recount stories of taking out other Vampires, but the Vampire lord would not believe him, because Blade is presumed dead.

Yaddda, yadda, yadda, violence ensues, Blade kills the vampires and dies at the end.
    set in eastern Europe
    villains are Baron(or Baroness) Blood aligned with a sect of Hydra (Axis Mundi) that employs necromancy in order to live up to their "two limbs" motto
    neo-Nazi vampires who also have electrical abilities (they were called the Blutsauger in the invaders comic book)
    Harker
    period piece (optional)

axis mundi: https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...aders00215.jpg
    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...d_spitfire.jpg
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-01-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Just my opinion, but I don't see Boyega as Blade. He would be my pick for an adult MCU Sync (Generation X).

He looks too much the boy next door to be a ruthless vampire hunter.

Noel Clarke is too old, imo, and also has that boy next door look, too.

Blade should be good-looking, possess a level of charm/humor, and must be able to go from 0 to 100 in terms of intimidation/violence with a quickness.

Snipes had all these going for him.

I'm looking for an Idris Elba (but younger) type, basically.
    Look no further than Michael B Jordan.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I like that but I would swap out Hellstrom for Elsa Bloodstone. Hellstrom just seems like his origin is way too for lack of a better word "comic booky" to work in a more real world setting.
    Elsa might work well, though Damien could make an appearance. That being said, the MCU has generally been good at ironing at some of the cringier aspects of the comic lore, so Damien's origin could possibly be made to work well.

I'm mostly used to Blaze, to be honest. I don't watch TV, so Blaze might work better on film, plus we gotta move on from Nicolas Cage. As long as the casting is on point which is the norm for Marvel films.
    I agree, this looks like it could be good casting:
    http://horrorfreaknews.com/norman-re...aze-new-reboot
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Well, I'd love to see Snipes come back to the role. I mean, he defines Blade in my mind, and his films are criminally under-rated when it comes to laying the foundation the modern comic book movie. The last one.....well that wasn't so great. But the first one? I saw that like, three times in theaters. Blew my mind. And I didnt even know Blade was a comic book character at the time.

And to those talking about Snipes getting in trouble for tax evasion and how Marvel Studios wouldn't hire him.....Robert Downy Jr. Dude was in and out of prison when he wasn't in and out of rehab. They made him Tony Stark. Snipes isn't out of the running because he didn't pay taxes.

But he won't be back. Marvel won't want to insinuate that those films are part of the MCU.

So it'll be a fresh Blade, if it happens at all.

For my money, I'd rather see the property done with an R-rating. That opens up avenues not just for language or gore but deeper, more mature plots and themes. Plus, I'd like to see vampires in popular culture get their balls back instead of being a bunch of useless pretty boys.

So that means a big bright summer blockbuster that celebrates its wider connections to the MCU probably isn't the way to go. A film would be fine, and it could be part of the MCU without advertising the fact so much it draws a bunch of kids in, but I'd rather see a Netflix-Defenders type of original series. Netflix itself is out of the question apparently, but the Marvel streaming service could be an option.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I could see Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as an older Blade. BP might have already cast some of the viable candidates for a younger version though so that could be awkward.

Take with a Grain of Salt but apparently the Underworld movies wanted to do a crossover with Wesley Snipes Blade but Marvel had just gotten the rights back and said no because they had plans for the character not necessarily WS's version. This article from 2016 has Kate Beckonsale's quote https://screenrant.com/blade-marvel-kate-beckinsale/

I definitely want to see a British Blade. And seeing the midnight suns would be very cool

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Snipes in some sort of cameo, but I stand by not wanting to see him take the lead as Blade again. It's almost how I feel about bringing Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine. I feel like he told his story, and he told it relatively well. I can live with enjoying the Blade trilogy as a cult classic.

As for Boyega, amazing actor imo, but I can't see him as Blade. He really does have that round, innocent look to his face. Open to being surprised though, because you never know.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I actually wanted to see Snipes as the Black Panthers father before they did Civil War. I thought he would have made a fantastic T'Chaka. He is someone I could have seen as actually being the Panther before T'Challa.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I always pictured John Boyega in the role of a younger blade. If not him then hopefully there’s an unknown out there that can pull the role off.
    I'm looking for the next black Christopher Reeve.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think you include Snipes at some level even if it a Stan Lee cameo. He headlined what is arguably the granddaddy of the modern superhero genre.
    I am totally with this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So what to play the next Blades mentor?
    I would go with Bruce Willis.

I would go with Bruce Willis.
    Ohhhhh.... that would be an interesting get.

Also, even if it's only a small cameo I'd want to see Christopher Lee in it. That may be corny, but #### it. Christopher Lee is awesome, and he IS Dracula.

Put him in a Blade flick.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-02-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Look no further than Michael B Jordan.
    They gotta spread the wealth with these roles. I say give some up & comer a chance.

They can find a black Chris Hemsworth somewhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I agree, this looks like it could be good casting:
    http://horrorfreaknews.com/norman-re...aze-new-reboot
    I can dig that. He would fit well, imo.