Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Get a fresh face for Blade or bring Snipes back.

I just want pure bad@$$ery bigger budget, good visuals and over the top fights. Vampire Hunter D level vamps

I've got a few stories rattling around my head

Presuming Marvel Studios wants a new Blade whenever the character is explored, I'd suggest Snipes for Jamal Afari, the blues/jazz vampire hunter..

So what is Vampire hunter D? (is there an A, B, C?)

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

A dope anime

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member

Presuming Marvel Studios wants a new Blade whenever the character is explored, I'd suggest Snipes for Jamal Afari, the blues/jazz vampire hunter..

)
    Yes that is what I hope they do

I think having Wesley as Afari would be dope. A nice way to pass the torch as well. Giving Wesley's contributions I'd want him to be a apart of the film in some way even if it is just a cameo.

book series and an two anime movies.

The original movie might be a little old for your taste 1985, but the second one is newer with animation that is still high quality by today's standards.

The monster designs in that are very cool as are the fight scenes. I'm not saying Blade should copy these but I wouldn't mind marvel taking some demonstrations. I loved the way the vampires fight, would love to see Dracula do that.

Also there is a very powerful scene between the protagonist an old man and a sheriff that always resonated with Blade to me.

I'm trying to find a link to the video clip on youtube....
    The J-man

Invincible Member

I agree with the folks who say find a fresh face to take over the role. Bring in Snipes as a support character. Maybe even bring in the support cast from Tomb or Dracula and Snipes could be a renamed Van Helsing.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I agree with the folks who say find a fresh face to take over the role. Bring in Snipes as a support character. Maybe even bring in the support cast from Tomb or Dracula and Snipes could be a renamed Van Helsing.

nah.............

a Blade origin could be cool tho. I've always envisioned the scene where Blade comes across his fallen comrades and berries them and takes their items (wooden daggers, goggles and coat) and wears them in memory.
    The J-man

What of Snipes was someone different like say.. Blue Marvel?

I'd basically remake John Wick 1 and 2, with Blade in place of John Wick and the Syndicate, with all it's mysteries and intrigue, would be replaced by a vampire society.

Now that I think of it, the world of Blade from the Snipes movies and the world of John Wick aren't all that different.

Just as an icing on top, I'd get either David Leitch or Chad Stahelski to direct. Those guys know how to direct action. Either them, or Garreth Evans.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What of Snipes was someone different like say.. Blue Marvel?
    I'd totally be into Snipes as Blue Marvel but why would BM be in a Blade film?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Super science heroes and detectives and the like sort of need a partner who they can explain the plot to.
    With 'need' here being defined as 'it makes things easier for the writer, but is not actually necessary'.

Blade is not one of these characters.
    But if such a character were to be included, there is absolutely no reason to make this character into a mentor type. Watson and Robin are not the mentoring type.
    Use Quincy Harker. He doesn't need to be Blade's mentor or partner. He's just an elderly pro in the same line of work as Blade. Blade sees him as an old man way past his prime and he sees Blade as a wreckless wildcat that's just going to get himself killed.

I'd totally be into Snipes as Blue Marvel but why would BM be in a Blade film?
    I meant Snipes plays Blue Marvel and isn't with the Blade franchise at all, and moves to the BM franchise

Mighty Member

I think part of the difficulty Marvel has is there are two distinct Blades that people are familiar with to some extent. Movie Blade is a 30 something year old vampire hunter born and raised in Detroit before getting trained by Whistler. Vampires in that universe are a bit more "disease" based, in that they're more akin to viral takeovers that we wee in The Walking Dead or The Strain. That's hands down the most popular Blade. Then there's comic Blade. A century-old vampire hunter born in London. He has formative story arcs that take place in China and England, and obviously the US. Within the US he's been stationed in New Orleans (where he frequently worked with Dr. Voodoo), Boston (with the Nightstalkers), and obviously NYC (Everyone else, but Spiderman mainly). His comic stories also deal much more heavily with the supernatural than the movies.

I don't think Marvel can ignore one or the other when re-introducing the character, but blending both could be hard.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Use Quincy Harker. He doesn't need to be Blade's mentor or partner. He's just an elderly pro in the same line of work as Blade. Blade sees him as an old man way past his prime and he sees Blade as a wreckless wildcat that's just going to get himself killed.
    That works for me

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I meant Snipes plays Blue Marvel and isn't with the Blade franchise at all, and moves to the BM franchise
    Oh I see! LOL!

Oh I see! LOL!
    He could pull it off. He is Young enough to still do some cool Fight scenes, but old enough to pull off BM without looking obvious that he is too young