Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Default Is a change coming in July...

July seems to be a big month for DC. Bendis is taking over Superman and Action which got me to (pardon the pun) wondering when is Robinson's run up? It looks like if I did my math correctly...June with issue #49 then 50 drops in July. Wonder when we will start hearing anything about that?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    July seems to be a big month for DC. Bendis is taking over Superman and Action which got me to (pardon the pun) wondering when is Robinson's run up? It looks like if I did my math correctly...June with issue #49 then 50 drops in July. Wonder when we will start hearing anything about that?
    I'd be content with Robinson sticking around but I believe change is indeed afoot. I would like to see DC take a page from their Superman/MOS(comics not movie) playbook and give WW a weekly mini with prominent talent leading into Sensation and Wonder Woman books. Hopefully with two top tier writers who can collaborate together well and build onto the foundation of Rebirth.

Heck, Tomasi and Jurgens were just removed from the Superman books where they were doing solid (if not earth-shaking) work. Another viable option would be to look to the bat-offices and some of their mainstay writers. Tim Seeley wrote the Trevor one-shot and Marguerite (sp) Bennett was actually assigned the WW book for a brief second. I think Tom King would be unavailable, his star continues to be on the rise despite his current Bat-run being a bit divisive.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 02-01-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I'd be content with Robinson sticking around but I believe change is indeed afoot. I would like to see DC take a page from their Superman/MOS(comics not movie) playbook and give WW a weekly mini with prominent talent leading into Sensation and Wonder Woman books. Hopefully with two top tier writers who can collaborate together well and build onto the foundation of Rebirth.

Heck, Tomasi and Jurgens were just removed from the Superman books where they were doing solid (if not earth-shaking) work. Another viable option would be to look to the bat-offices and some of their mainstay writers. Tim Seeley wrote the Trevor one-shot and Marguerite (sp) Bennett was actually assigned the WW book for a brief second. I think Tom King would be unavailable, his star continues to be on the rise despite his current Bat-run being a bit divisive.
    I would LOVE to have Seeley. He may be too busy with Hellblazer and Green Lanterns, but maybe he would drop one of those if given the opportunity. He's great with female leads (most of his indy work has female protagonists) and is willing to do a serviceable revamp of Eviless and Crimson Centipede of all things. And he writes better dialogue than Robinson.

Snyder might be a possibility as well. Which wouldn't bother me too much, though it wouldn't excite me either. But he would probably be better than Robinson

I think the chances of something new for July is pretty good. The main jist of Robinson's run is Diana vs. Darkseid, and that's already happening by April. A few months to then tie everything off and leave things in a decent place for the next writer (who hopefully works OFF this, instead of erasing **** for the umpteenth time) seems to make sense.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I really, really wish they'd give Wonder Woman a monthly schedule and get Rucka back. I dropped as soon as he left, as I was really loving his stuff, and neither Fontana nor Robinson have done anything to bring me back.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really, really wish they'd give Wonder Woman a monthly schedule and get Rucka back. I dropped as soon as he left, as I was really loving his stuff, and neither Fontana nor Robinson have done anything to bring me back.
    I definitely see the book going monthly regardless of what happens, but I also see them a adding a B title to the character like sensation comics or something.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While Robinson's run isn't my favorite ever, it's much better than anything Fontanna, Finch, Azzarello, or JMS threw at us so I'd be fine with him staying on. If he is going to jump ship in the near future, I'd love to see Rucka or Jimenez come back. As for a new writer on this book, Tim Seeley or Steve Orlando would be welcome IMO.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While Robinson's run isn't my favorite ever, it's much better than anything Fontanna, Finch, Azzarello, or JMS threw at us so I'd be fine with him staying on. If he is going to jump ship in the near future, I'd love to see Rucka or Jimenez come back. As for a new writer on this book, Tim Seeley or Steve Orlando would be welcome IMO.
    I'll agree with Finch, but you think Robinson has a better handle on Diana than any of those people?

Robinson has given us more fast-paced action, than the others, and that's what I'm reading comics for. I don't need to pay three bucks to read a 12-page chat.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'll agree with Finch, but you think Robinson has a better handle on Diana than any of those people?

Definitely. The others either watered Diana down or completely changed her and her world from the basic concepts of Wonder Woman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Oh god, I hope so.

The run could actually be semi-decent if it didn't push Jason to the forefront, use Darkseid as the main big bad, and had better dialogue. But those are three central points of this run, so...

While Robinson's run isn't my favorite ever, it's much better than anything Fontanna, Finch, Azzarello, or JMS threw at us so I'd be fine with him staying on.
    Disagree about the Azzarello/Chiang run.
    It was the New 52, and it was the perfect opportunity to reinvent the character since none of her past stories were in play any longer.
    Those guys actually got me interested in the character again, and they weren't having to bend their interpretation to match the crap Geoff Johns tried to fed us in his Justice League version.

If he [Robinson] is going to jump ship in the near future, I'd love to see Rucka or Jimenez come back.
    Rucka had a couple of quirks/stumbles with his Rebirth version, but I definitely enjoyed his overall effort.
    As for Jimenez, I was away from following comic books then, so I'm really not familiar with that run.

As for a new writer on this book, Tim Seeley or Steve Orlando would be welcome IMO.
    Seeley might be okay, but we definitely disagree as to wanting Orlando on this character!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Orlando couldn't possibly be worse than Robinson. His weakest effort so far is JLA, which isn't even bad from what I have read just average. He also had revamped three WW villains so clearly he has some knowledge and interest in the franchise. Also his revamp of Aegeus was better than Robinsons Silver Swan.

I wod still prefer Seeley though. He's written Steve twice so far in Rebirth and showed that he paid attention to current events in the WW book. His Cheetah would probably improve compared to his Suicide Squad run as he must have knowledge of what Rucka did with her

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Robinson has given us more fast-paced action, than the others, and that's what I'm reading comics for. I don't need to pay three bucks to read a 12-page chat.
    Not saying I disagree with your logic at all, but you might want to stay away from Bendis on Superman and Action then...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Orlando couldn't possibly be worse than Robinson. His weakest effort so far is JLA
    Please, NO!!!! Have you read his Supergirl book?!? It's just as bad as his JLA. The only time it has been readable is the issues where he has been paired with a co-writer. Any writer whose stuff is so bad that only ANOTHER writer can salvage it is a no-go for me.