Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The Benson sisters are now free with Birds of Prey ending.

Would they be interested?

You guys think due to more and more books being announced that Sensational comics will come back?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guys think due to more and more books being announced that Sensational comics will come back?
    Would be smart on DC's part to make wonder woman a monthly book and then add a new sensational comics So we can get two different wonder woman books.

I'd love for Sensation Comics to return in the main continuity, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

My guess is the finite stories like Watchman, The Dark Knight Returns, etc. as standalone stories obviously do better financially and are purchased by an audience that's not a regular, weekly comics reader. So they want to try their hand at publishing more of those for people who want an entire story in hand and not even have to be aware of the continuity in the main line of comics. It also lets them go after and produce stories on bigger themes or gimmicks.

I mean, Gotham by Gaslight as a graphic novel must be selling well over a period of time for them to have decided to make an animated feature from it. And I'm not sure a Watchman-only fan is going to care too much when Doomsday Clock gets TPB, since Watchmen had nothing to do with the DCU from the non-regular comics fan's POV.

Just guesses on my part, but maybe we'll get surprised with Wonder Woman in other titles/miniseries besides Wonder Woman and Justice League after No Justice.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 03-19-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

Clearly nobody care about Jason or James Robinson on any level. I think DC should stop working with writers like James Robinson. He was a great writer, he is still hit and miss, but his writing doesn't bring anything new to the table, and it is locking characters to the old, slow narratives. For front-window of the any company, you may need to eliminate some unexciting names.

I have a feeling that The Benson sisters will get the book soon, which I am not excited about.

I would love to see two books: one with an established, well-reviewed writer/artist team, another with more indie/up-and-coming team.

Would anyone like to see more of the Brilyants, ..now that we know the WW comic has its own family of criminal masterminds?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    If it's going to be a dude, let it be Christopher Priest.

But also: I'd like to see Genevieve Valentine on the book.
    I think both would be good, but I don't think Priest is interested (based on how he writes Diana in Justice League - she's well written, but not going anywhere). I would think Valentine would also be good, but I don't know if she can bring an audience. Of course, that didn't stop DC from putting anyone else on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I always find Bennett's work underwhelming. I was so excited by the concept of DC Comics Bombshells but, like everything else I tried to read of hers, could never connect to it. Of course I'd give it a chance but wouldn't necessarily be excited by the prospect.
    I had pretty much the same experience. I wanted to like it, but the combination of execution and character choice really turned me off of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The Benson sisters are now free with Birds of Prey ending.

Would they be interested?
    I really like the Bensons. But if they get Wonder Woman, it's going to be the same kind of story as Shea Fontana turned in. Really pretty forgettable.

What I'd really, really like to see is a writer who has enough determination to make DC assign an actual art team to the book, instead of this ridiculous parade of fill-ins. All of the fill-in artists have been great artists, but editorial refuses to actually say, "Hey, these are our two art teams, and they're going to rotate."
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

DC just needs to get writers that actually care about WW and her verse. We haven't got that in a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    DC just needs to get writers that actually care about WW and her verse. We haven't got that in a really long time.
    You may not like his run, but I don't doubt that Rucka loves Diana and her universe.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    You may not like his run, but I don't doubt that Rucka loves Diana and her universe.

I have to agree that Rucka has a TON of love for Diana and her universe. His second run featured Hippolyta, Phillipus, Steve, Etta, Cheetah, Veronica Cale, Ares, Phobos, Deimos, Dr. Cyber, and Dr. Poison with cameos by Superman and Batman(showcasing her overall importance in the DCU0. I think Robinson has passion for Diana too he just doesn't have the best handle on her yet. After all, in his Earth 2 series, he had Wonder Woman be that earth's premier hero thus naming all of those that came after her "wonders" instead of "superheroes".
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Would be smart on DC's part to make wonder woman a monthly book and then add a new sensational comics So we can get two different wonder woman books.
    That’s what I don’t get. Many of Diana’s books were doing well or great. I mean sensational comics was doing great,Earth one great and legends great. Yet they never thought she needs to get more books. I get it a bit due to a so-so sells but the fact Diana does well with her other books and comics should get Dc to have a little faith. They can’t keep cancelling her books

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I never said that I didn't like Rucka's run and I never doubted if he likes the character or not. But while we are on the topic, I do think he is an overrated WW writer and no where near how he is hyped up to be. But then again, to each their own. Like always.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That’s what I don’t get. Many of Diana’s books were doing well or great. I mean sensational comics was doing great,Earth one great and legends great. Yet they never thought she needs to get more books. I get it a bit due to a so-so sells but the fact Diana does well with her other books and comics should get Dc to have a little faith. They can’t keep cancelling her books
    I wish we got Sensation Comics back.

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    I wish we got Sensation Comics back.
    ITA. Both Sensation and Adventure Comics should be DC mainstays, right alongside Action and Detective.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Clearly nobody care about Jason or James Robinson on any level. I think DC should stop working with writers like James Robinson. He was a great writer, he is still hit and miss, but his writing doesn't bring anything new to the table, and it is locking characters to the old, slow narratives. For front-window of the any company, you may need to eliminate some unexciting names.

I have a feeling that The Benson sisters will get the book soon, which I am not excited about.

I would love to see two books: one with an established, well-reviewed writer/artist team, another with more indie/up-and-coming team.
    Robinson gets work because he
    1. Get his work done on time
    2. Is friendly with guys like Johns
    3. Is willing to play ball with editorial
    4. Doesn’t attract negative attention to either himself or his employers
    As long as he continues to do those 4 things, he’ll keep getting work. And he’s had a couple hits since Starman imo. Scarlet Witch and Earth 2 were both great.