Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If the book could go monthly again, I say bring Rucka back.

Question, I see a lot of males listed. There are no female writers who can take a good shot at this run? I mean, I think whoever is best for the character should write not based on gender BUT it just seems like there is never really any females listed. Or barely listed.

I'm sure that is somebody who can write her as the Warrior Princess?

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post

Question, I see a lot of males listed. There are no female writers who can take a good shot at this run? I mean, I think whoever is best for the character should write not based on gender BUT it just seems like there is never really any females listed. Or barely listed.

Ann Nocenti?

I think it has more to do with the fact that there aren't that many high-profile female writers in comics, sadly. I'd love to see a woman take over the main series but even I can't think of a name off the top of my head (except Renae de Liz but I doubt that's even a possibility for DC).

Wonder Woman should ONLY go back to monthly if they snag a stellar artist. That's what DC did with Aquaman last year and the quality of the art is superb and more than makes up for the lowered frequency of the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Wonder Woman should ONLY go back to monthly if they snag a stellar artist. That's what DC did with Aquaman last year and the quality of the art is superb and more than makes up for the lowered frequency of the title.
    However, if it goes to a monthly, would that mean the U.S. cover price would increase to $3.99 (as it did for Aquaman)?
    As to what impact that might that have on sales numbers, here are Aquaman's numbers from Diamond's Top 300 Comic Books lists around the time of the change last year:
    April 2017 = 78th - Aquaman #20 - 28,452 copies
    April 2017 = 82nd - Aquaman #21 - 27,837 copies
    May 2017 = 93rd - Aquaman #22 - 27,215 copies
    May 2017 = 97th - Aquaman #23 - 26,841 copies
    June 2017 = 84th - Aquaman #25 - 27,793 copies ($3.99 / 40 page special issue)
    June 2017 = 93rd - Aquaman #24 - 26,455 copies (last $2.99 / 32 page issue)
    July 2017 = 77th - Aquaman #26 - 27,702 copies (first $3.99 / 32 page issue)
    Aug. 2017 = 77th - Aquaman #27 - 28,677 copies
    Sep. 2017 = 90th - Aquaman #28 - 28,081 copies
    Oct. 2017 = 92nd - Aquaman #29 - 27,559 copies
    And for January 2018,
    89th - Aquaman #32 - 25,232 copies
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 02-18-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Fantastic Member

I’d choose Gail Simone for a high profile female writer, though I’m not sure how likely that is to happen. But I feel like she’s mentioned before on Twitter that she’d love to write more WW.
    Last edited by soundsci; 02-19-2018 at 12:25 PM.

I have no idea who I'd like for a writer(s), but I wish we'd get two titles to help flesh out more Wonder characters and concepts and her world.

The only writer who has already had their shot that I'd like to see get another is Jimenez. Other than him, I'd be supremely disappointed going back to any other old well.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I wouldn't mind Simone, but I'd prefer some new blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think it has more to do with the fact that there aren't that many high-profile female writers in comics, sadly. I'd love to see a woman take over the main series but even I can't think of a name off the top of my head (except Renae de Liz but I doubt that's even a possibility for DC).
    Considering my wife is still waiting on de Liz's Peter Pan book after YEARS along with a bunch of other backers (see kickstarter link below) I have no interest in supporting anything she and her husband are a part of.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...vol-1/comments

I'd easily second Ann Nocenti for WW though.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Considering my wife is still waiting on de Liz's Peter Pan book after YEARS along with a bunch of other backers (see kickstarter link below) I have no interest in supporting anything she and her husband are a part of.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...vol-1/comments

I'd easily second Ann Nocenti for WW though.
    Wow, that sounds awful. I'm sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Wow, that sounds awful. I'm sorry to hear that.
    Yeah, I'm not going to vent and derail the thread but it's been almost 4.5 years with excuse, after excuse, after excuse and constant ignoring of emails, requests for refunds, etc.

There are lots more deserving creators who should be given a chance on Diana than her.

Marjorie Liu, please! Stellar work in Montress, we definetely need her wroking on super-hero comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Marjorie Liu, please! Stellar work in Montress, we definetely need her wroking on super-hero comics.
    Prior to Monstress she had done work on superheroes at Marvel comics, like Black Widow and X-23, but I don't know why she may not have done any work for DC. (Or if she had, I'm not finding it listed under the GCD listings.)

I'm really curious about what kind of pitches they may be getting in for the creative future of Diana and any "guardrails" DC editorial is putting up that the pitches need to fit into.