Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Please, NO!!!! Have you read his Supergirl book?!? It's just as bad as his JLA. The only time it has been readable is the issues where he has been paired with a co-writer. Any writer whose stuff is so bad that only ANOTHER writer can salvage it is a no-go for me.
    Supergirl is fine. In fact it's the only Super book I read now. I have heard it described as bad but never got an adquate explanation as to WHY it is so beyond using stuff from the show, which I don't care about either way to have an opinion on.

I don't think D C will be messing with the Bendis celebration for
    at least a few months.
    They are putting a lot of eggs into the Bendis basket and having him
    quickly taking over Superman and his top two books
    suggests that they want to hit the ground running and see quickly if
    Bendis is the one who will help take them closer to Marvel.

I imagine if anything a new direction for Wonder Woman will not come until around October.

One reader's take...

The writer is beside the point. I'd settle for the book just having some sort of a concrete direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Supergirl is fine. In fact it's the only Super book I read now. I have heard it described as bad but never got an adquate explanation as to WHY it is so beyond using stuff from the show, which I don't care about either way to have an opinion on.
    Boring and utterly forgettable. I'm an Orlando fan but JLA and Supergirl are by far his worst books. He excels at street level.

I hope Robinson sticks around. I've been enjoying his run on Wonder Woman, especially since the introduction of Jason. I think that has been a great development for Wonder Woman's overall story. She learned about her heritage, built her family, and is now growing with it. I imagine there will be some sort of milestone moment for Wonder Woman #50. It may or may not include a change in creative team, but whatever the case, I think Robinson has done a commendable job.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Boring and utterly forgettable. I'm an Orlando fan but JLA and Supergirl are by far his worst books. He excels at street level.
    I don't consider it either of those things. The worst thing about it is the artwork early on.

Does he even do street level? Midnighter went to actual Hell to save his Superman expy boyfriend

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't consider it either of those things. The worst thing about it is the artwork early on.

Does he even do street level? Midnighter went to actual Hell to save his Superman expy boyfriend
    Batman/Shadow and The Shadow/Batman are street level. As was the first Midnighter, the second was also mostly street level minus the hell part.

Astonishing Member

If it's going to be a dude, let it be Christopher Priest.

But also: I'd like to see Genevieve Valentine on the book.

I could really see Tom King or Tim Seely on Wonder Woman eventually. Marguerite Bennett should get a crack at Wonder Woman next. She's more seasoned now with more work including a Batwoman solo under her belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I could really see Tom King or Tim Seely on Wonder Woman eventually. Marguerite Bennett should get a crack at Wonder Woman next. She's more seasoned now with more work including a Batwoman solo under her belt.
    By theway, she's worked on a version of "Wonder Woman" in DC Comics Bombshells & Bombshells United.

(Unfortunately, I haven't liked most of the stuff of hers I've tried, and I really wanted to like Bombshells.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By theway, she's worked on a version of "Wonder Woman" in DC Comics Bombshells & Bombshells United.

(Unfortunately, I haven't liked most of the stuff of hers I've tried, and I really wanted to like Bombshells.)
    I always find Bennett's work underwhelming. I was so excited by the concept of DC Comics Bombshells but, like everything else I tried to read of hers, could never connect to it. Of course I'd give it a chance but wouldn't necessarily be excited by the prospect.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Bennett is fine I guess. Batwoman is a solid read, but also pretty slow. It's better than anything since Williams III left, but that's not saying much. I wouldn't mind her getting the title, but I wouldn't be super excited either.

Looking at the upcoming appearance of Wonder Woman in the DC/Young Animal crossover, I wonder if Cecil Castelucci or Jody Houser could get the job if they wanted a female author? Or any of them really. I wouldn't mind Wonder Woman (and Superman) being moved over to that imprint, though it will of course never happen. I feel they'd both be better suited there.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One reader's take...

The writer is beside the point. I'd settle for the book just having some sort of a concrete direction.
    the book has a direction right now, it's just now about wonder woman, but darkseid and her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    As for Jimenez, I was away from following comic books then, so I'm really not familiar with that run.
    I strongly recommend picking up what trades are available of the Jimenez run. His run clearly evidenced his love of the character across multiple eras and media. But most of all it was extremely cinematic!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I strongly recommend picking up what trades are available of the Jimenez run.
    I don't think any are currently available (at least not in current print editions).