Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

error 490.....
    Last edited by Nick Miller; 02-02-2018 at 10:10 AM.

I can hardly wait.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I've changed my mind, I think Joker is bait. He'll try but fail, another villain will succeed when everyone thinks they're safe.
    A bait? TRUE.... I am not fan of see Batman married... Why I should see the Joker failing in change this?

Damian presence was not enough for made me continue with Supersons(confirming my Pre-Supersons suspects)... The Joker will not be enough for make me see one Bruce wedding that I never wanted..

Anyway.. GOOD LUCK for the people who want to enjoy this..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-02-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Kill bruce so feminists will not protest the death. I never been a fan of bruce and selina being married because since the golden age the other versions would not change their job and truly reformed like that version did. To tell the truth batman is the only dc character still the same as he was when introduced the others personalities changed for the most part unlike his. Yes he used guns in the first couple of issues but that were taken away during the early part of the beginning so he is still the least changed of all the other charcaters in the dcu including superman. Also since she is bi and according to her changes her mind constantly that would make sense. Maybe wait a couple of years to bring him back this will be the first time he truly died let him explore the after life with death to see his parents and rest for a bit. The ones entrusted to bring him back eventually would be his son superman and wonderwoman in some future event.
    King said the whole reason he is doing this is it has never really been done before, that he want to do something new, have Bruce in a happy relationship. Basically shake thing up and change the status quo.

Yeah, I think in the end the twist will be that there is no twist. There's some hiccups to the day that could only happen to superheroes, but when the end comes they indeed marry.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, I think in the end the twist will be that there is no twist. There's some hiccups to the day that could only happen to superheroes, but when the end comes they indeed marry.
    If The Flash can deal with Nazis from another Earth crashing his wedding and putting him in a concentration camp on their Earth, but still ends up married, I'm sure Batman can deal with anything Joker throws his way.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Was reading this article about the sanctuary: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ctuary-1074734

We still don't know where this sanctuary is supposed to be introduced, Mister Miracle is likely but King also said he was dropping hints on twitter and one of them was a old pic with flash and batman during the first crisis.

What if something happens during this wedding that leads to Batman needing to go a place like the sanctuary? Like joker really screws up the wedding or something, leading to Batman needing psychological help or something. Maybe that's the reason King didn't announce where the sanctuary story will be, because he didn't want batman readers to think something bad would happen with the wedding. Idk, I'm just bored and grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That would be the biggest twist of all at this point lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    She says she "was" his wife, then corrects herself and says she IS his wife.
    Yeah, I think people are trying to read a non-existent separation or divorce into that scene. The gist of the conversation is that Bruce’s death is inevitable and Selena has to adjust to the thought that he will soon be gone. It is natural in that circumstance for someone to stumble on verb tenses as they begin the psychological journey from “AM his wife” to “WAS his wife.” It’s a little bit heavy-handed, but not too bad a King’s dialogue goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Yeah, I think people are trying to read a non-existent separation or divorce into that scene. The gist of the conversation is that Bruce’s death is inevitable and Selena has to adjust to the thought that he will soon be gone. It is natural in that circumstance for someone to stumble on verb tenses as they begin the psychological journey from “AM his wife” to “WAS his wife.” It’s a little bit heavy-handed, but not too bad a King’s dialogue goes.
    Exactly! That’s all it was. Just backwards. She knows he leaving and he was close to the end and said “he was”, but because he was still there, she corrected herself.

I see it all the time when folks are talking a loved one that JUST died. A lot of times they will used the present tense, then correct themselves and used the past tense. I really see this a lot in the first few months after a person has lost someone close to them such as a spouse, parent or child.

If I was writing this I would have a couple fake outs but have the wedding vows actually go off without a hitch. After I lulled the readers into a false sense of security I would have something go down either on the honeymoon itself or else when Bruce & Selina are about to go on the honeymoon in the last couple pages, cameo style.

It would a waste and pointless not to see it through. I would be very pissed off if all this was for nothing. If after all this we didn't get a marriage.
    It's comics you can always return to the status quo with a retcon.
    I don't see why they can't follow through when they've come this far.
    The wedding not happening is expected so might as well have a wedding though if the underworld knows that Batman is dating Catwoman does that mean Catwoman's villain credentials are now in doubt along with batman's hero cred?

Also since Catwoman is still wanted for murder how will Batman marrying a murderer go down?
    oh they have to get married cos I want to see all that.

Also poster @CPSparkles called it that the wedding would be in Batman #50. good going

I think it’s too good of a headline for them not to do it. It’s nothing they can’t undo later.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Also since Catwoman is still wanted for murder how will Batman marrying a murderer go down?
    It seems like Batman doesn't care about that. Which frankly goes against the very core of his character. But hey shipping so....

Its an interesting question in regards to how his colleagues react. Who knows if some might not be wary of her. Could cause some tension if writers want to go that direction. Selina's got the support of Superman and Wonder Woman though. That's huge in its own right.

But mostly I'm curious how it'll be played in regards to Gotham and Bruce Wayne. Will it be publicly known that Bruce Wayne is no longer a bachelor? Or will the marriage be kept very much secret for even his civilian identity?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-05-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El