Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its an interesting question in regards to how his colleagues react. Who knows if some might not be wary of her. Could cause some tension if writers want to go that direction. Selina's got the support of Superman and Wonder Woman though. That's huge in its own right.

But mostly I'm curious how it'll be played in regards to Gotham and Bruce Wayne. Will it be publicly known that Bruce Wayne is no longer a bachelor? Or will the marriage be kept very much secret for even his civilian identity?
    I'd be interested to see all that addressed but King doesn't strike me as the kind of writer to deal with that kind of stuff.

If Selina dies the fans will go ballistic.
    But i hope that whatever happens in the end they decide to say to hell with it all and get married regardless of who stands in the way.
    I mean Marvel has pretty much proven to be completely and utterly dead on the romance front, at least in DC i get some of that with Clark and Lois, Barry and Iris, Arthur and Mera (dammit why do they have to be kept apart!) isn't about time that the Bat be allowed to have that as well? Would it truly be anathema for tehm to be together in that way? I don't thinks so to be honest, i think its time the status quo between does two changes from on/off lovers to married spouses.

I wonder if there will be two weddings: 1) Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle for the masses and Gotham society and 2) Batman and Catwoman in “formal” costumes.

He doesn’t get played up this way, but in universe, Bruce Wayne going off the market would be huge news and gossip. I’d kind of like to see the public faces of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle play off that as part of their cover and just for kicks. Bruce and Selina (and Dick for that matter) maintaining their societal roles has always intrigued me in juxtaposition to their costumed counterselves.

Who gets invited to each event? Where’s it held? Who’s Selina’s bridesmaids? Who does superhero wedding event planning?

Which supervillain(s) would be stupid enough to crash this wedding? I have so many questions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I wonder if there will be two weddings: 1) Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle for the masses and Gotham society and 2) Batman and Catwoman in “formal” costumes.

He doesn’t get played up this way, but in universe, Bruce Wayne going off the market would be huge news and gossip. I’d kind of like to see the public faces of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle play off that as part of their cover and just for kicks. Bruce and Selina (and Dick for that matter) maintaining their societal roles has always intrigued me in juxtaposition to their costumed counterselves.

Who gets invited to each event? Where’s it held? Who’s Selina’s bridesmaids? Who does superhero wedding event planning?

Which supervillain(s) would be stupid enough to crash this wedding? I have so many questions.
    The question I want answered most is who gets the honor of the art responsibilities? Will it be David Finch, Mikel Janin, Mitch Gerads, Lee Weeks, Clay Mann, Joelle Jones or someone new? I'm hoping for either Janin or Jones.

BANNED

I hope it's not Janin. I find it hard to truly appreciate a comic when I'm forced to look at CGI-looking faces, wonky anatomical proportions, and traced-over Poser assets.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Personally I'd like it if they gave the art duties to Jones.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    King said the whole reason he is doing this is it has never really been done before, that he want to do something new, have Bruce in a happy relationship. Basically shake thing up and change the status quo.
    If only they had thought about that for Batwoman before they drove off J. H. Williams III & W. Haden Blackman.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Like joker really screws up the wedding or something, leading to Batman needing psychological help or something.
    The Joker would have to do something quite massive and quite original to require Batman to need psychological help more than he has always needed it.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Also since Catwoman is still wanted for murder how will Batman marrying a murderer go down?
    Selina has been arrested many times. She's been imprisoned in Arkham, fairly recently. Don't the authorities know that Selina Kyle is Catwoman, a wanted criminal and, I assume, an escapee from prison?

If so, Bruce Wayne marrying Selina Kyle - an act that has to be filed with the state to be a legal marriage, even if they don't have a big society wedding - is kind of problematic.

There's a fairly straightforward solution for that: Selina, with Bruce's (and maybe even Vic Stone's) help, should pick a new name, create a new identity, and change her appearance a little. But DC is very attached to its branding, so Catwoman always has to be Selina Kyle, which means I doubt they'll do anything so sensible.

(As an aside, this is what Dick Grayson should have done, when he "returned to life" after his secret identity had been revealed to the world. It would have made more sense than revealing that Spyral had the technology to alter the memories of every person in the world, in addition to - apparently - changing every archived newspaper, every video, and every Facebook post that mentioned the big secret. Wow, if they could do that, they could really handle most of their spy stuff pretty easily! But Nightwing has to be Dick Grayson, rather than just changing his name and his hair color. And maybe growing a mustache.)

This is separate from the issue of Batman, who has devoted his life to putting criminals behind bars, marrying a criminal instead of locking her up. We've seen comments about this - from Wonder Woman most recently - but I'm not really sure it's been addressed as the major issue one would imagine it to be.
    Doctor Bifrost

To be honest, I think all of this will work itself out and be addressed. In the Earth 2 stories, Bruce Wayne married Selina Kyle, The Former Catwoman.

That's probably what would happen here. Bruce Wayne marries Selina Kyle, The Former Catwoman. The former Catwoman took the "fall" for blah, blah, blah and etc. Once Selina's name is cleared, then Bruce and Selina will be legally married.

I don't think a lot of the people of Gotham associate or "see" Catwoman hanging out with The Batman. In fact, a lot of people of Gotham are afraid of The Batman. I don't think the average Gotham citizen is going to put "two and two" together and think, "hey, this guy might be Batman".

This is NOT that complicated. King writes the story where her name is clear. Then it's done.

Spectacular Member

Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle have publicly dated before. It wouldn't link him to Batman if he married her.

Batman hasn't put Jason in prison either (I think there are grounds for it right?). Catwoman didn't do the recent thing she was in prison for so sending her back is an injustice and time served so far can be for her past crimes. Batman not throwing catwoman in jail isn't as big of a stretch as people make out.

King has implied in podcasts that Selina and Bruce are not really publicly dating at the moment (she's hiding out at the manor and I guess at fairs!) and that it is more catwoman batman getting married and how to do it without compromising batman's identity was something they were working on. This was several months ago though so maybe they have swapped it.

Selina's social and legal status is really dependent on the continuity and what history and background she's currently running around in with Rebirth is still really undefined.

I think her status also ties into if people know she is The Catwoman or not.

Back in the Bronze Age when Bruce and Selina started dating, she was the "Former Catwoman". But then Crisis happened and then her history changed. Now after that, people didn't know she was the same.

So unless something has changed in the N52, her being Catwoman JUST became public record.

Think the Dress on Tom King's twitter could be a wedding dress?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Think the Dress on Tom King's twitter could be a wedding dress?
    That's what I came here to say! Since this is probably for the issue where Selina goes dress shopping (of course that won't go as planned... but it will at least start that way) I hope we get to see a bunch of these designs. I hope Joelle is having a ball.

I wonder who Selina would bring with her to do the dress shopping - or if she is trying to stay incognito would she go to Metropolis and dress shop there with Lois who did offer to be involved in this kind of thing. Selina and Lois getting caught up in mayhem while bridal wear shopping in Metropolis would be such a fun story starter.