Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is Batman or Detective the better ongoing series currently?

Consider since Rebirth, the last 6 months, or last 6 issues, whatever you want to use as the measuring.

Which Batman title has been better in your opinion?

For me Detective has been way more fun of a read, love the entire team storytelling.

Thoughts?

I prefer Batman personally.

Im really enjoying the current stories there, and while I do still really like TEC the current arks havent been my favourite. I think im not liking it as much just now cause im not such a Tim fan.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I prefer Batman over 'Tec as well. I dropped 'Tec three issues in and nothing I've heard about it since then has made me decide that was a wrong decision.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I prefer Detective since it's been far more consistent and I have fewer problems with it. And I like its cast more.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Batman hands down, and I am a huge Tim Drake fan.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Tec by a huge margin. Tynion doesn't hit the highs of King, but he's very, very consistent, and I've liked the art for Tec much better than Batman (though recently, with Batman getting Joelle Jones and Tec hitting a ton of fill-ins, that's been about even). I'm also a Batfamily fan first and foremost, so Tec is pretty much exactly my book. That being said, I do enjoy Batman - I love the BatCat romance, and King is able to hit some very good emotional points. But it's so inconsistent - I really get the feeling that King just isn't great at indefinite, really short-production-deadline books.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

King's Batman has been much better lately, but 'Tec is still better, IMO.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I am out of Detective Comics(until better times) but... I prefer this serie..

Define "better".

I don't buy either series these days (don't enjoy either writer), but I stuck with Detective Comics longer than I could tolerate King's Batman.

Both are pretty disappointing but Batman is the more palatable. In fact Batman recently got really enjoyable but the Wonder Woman arc set it back got me thinking I might not want to support this

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Batman.

I read the first trade of Detective, and wasn't blown away by anything. I'm not a fan of most of the cast anyway, and I actively disliked what was done with Jacob Kane. Nothing that came after looks like it will change my mind.