Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    I've just read JL #38. And had this big WTF moment. So random, poor selina.
    Obviously another fake-out given the circumstances.

Fantastic Member

Hope so. I don't like when DC allows this. There is no need to prove Bruce loves Selina. We fans knew that before the proposal . It's bad idea and writing using his female league members as temptresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    I've just read JL #38. And had this big WTF moment. So random, poor selina.
    I don't think that's going anywhere. Unless there is something other people know that I don't know.

Well here are my thoughts about Batman #40

I think The Gentleman looked like actor Omari Hardiwick and I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. I hope he comes back and stays for good. He could just stand in panels. He was the eye candy I had been waiting for, lol!

I liked the fact that they had an interracial relationship in the issue. It was different. And a different kind as well, Black/Asian couple.

I liked the fact that King acknowledged "the boys". I know it's a small detail but I still liked it anyway.

I liked that the first thing Bruce wanted to tell Selina was about his "moment of weakness", he didn't leave that out and I thought that was good maturity on Bruce's part. But I also liked how Selina was like "try harder", lol! I get it.

I liked how Diana was presented in this issue. She was a fighting partner and she was a friend. I also liked how she acknowledged Selina.

The ONLY thing I didn't like was again, the shorter sentences. It seems like King is getting better but it also seems like he tends to work better with certain characters' dialogue than others. But I think it's getting better.

Whoa, Jones killed it with Selina's expressions when she finally realized what she was signing up for by having accepted Bruce's proposal.

It's great that this issue was more Selina centric. Finally her POV on the concept of marriage.

Pity that Diana had to be used as a prop in the Bruce/Selina journey but now that that's in the rear view mirror... bring on Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I liked that the first thing Bruce wanted to tell Selina was about his "moment of weakness", he didn't leave that out and I thought that was good maturity on Bruce's part. But I also liked how Selina was like "try harder", lol! I get it.
    Lol Selina's reaction was perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol Selina's reaction was perfect!

I thought it was great. It's like she didn't let him off the hook. And to be fair, I like how he was like he said wasn't bad but he wasn't good enough. I guess for him, to even get that close was slipping for him and I appreciate that.

That gif is the bizness!

The whole thing would have been completely fine without the cliffhanger sequences. I dont' give that a pass just because the second issue of it ended up decent, but this issue did indeed show a much better Diana. Which makes it all the more frustrating though that #39 purposely characterized her the way it did. Its nice knowing King can utilize Diana well, but still annoying that essentially an entire issue was wasted on making her look like a shameless flirt on an engaged guy just to set up the fake-out. Sometimes clever intent is not worth the effort, and this is one of those examples. If the entire thing was like #40, it would have been a winner all-around. But, in the end all's well that ends well for WW. That was all I was concerned about as I knew Bruce and Selina would be just fine.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-07-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Lwx View Post
    The problem is that this is poor writing. Instead of having good stories that increase the shippers fanbase, they choose to make a ridiculous situation and objectify a well-established character. SM and BM pull back first because the whole point of story was to elevate the relationship with their soon to be wife. Otherwise the impact would be less and if they cared for WW they wouldn't have done the story in first place. Regardless if the writers had moderated the situation as you suggested it doesn't change imo that this is a sign of disrespect to both readers and WW.
    With regards to the bolded why would anyone want to do that? This whole kerfuffle happened and got an exemption largely due to bloody shipper bases.

Everything else I agree with.
    I didn't pick this issue up but will be picking up the next.
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-07-2018 at 10:41 AM.

All-New Member

I thought I would like Bruce and Selina finally being together officially, but now I feel like I'm Team Joker; he can't blow it up fast enough.

I've never been a fan of stories like these, though. Bruce and Diana have been in that world for 40 years. 40 years of fighting and living together. I don't care what your will power level is, that does something to you. That has a lasting effect. So Selina being all worried about them having sex and then Bruce coming out of the situation like "Cat! I didn't have sex her! We're good!" seriously felt like something out of a middleschooler's head.

Also I hated all of Diana's dialogue between the two issues, but that's separate problem. I guess that's how she's being written now...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The whole thing would have been completely fine without the cliffhanger sequences. I dont' give that a pass just because the second issue of it ended up decent, but this issue did indeed show a much better Diana. Which makes it all the more frustrating though that #39 purposely characterized her the way it did. Its nice knowing King can utilize Diana well, but still annoying that essentially an entire issue was wasted on making her look like a shameless flirt on an engaged guy just to set up the fake-out. Sometimes clever intent is not worth the effort, and this is one of those examples. If the entire thing was like #40, it would have been a winner all-around. But, in the end all's well that ends well for WW. That was all I was concerned about as I knew Bruce and Selina would be just fine.
    Exactly! The "cliffhanger" part wasn't even necessary. I mean, even if all he did was that small tease in #40, that would had been fine because you could clearly see that Bruce wasn't trying to do that and really, neither was Wonder Woman.

Yeah, for all the controversy, #40 turned out to fine. We shall see how King handles Wonder Woman again in #43. This time, I'm thinking it's more of the "warrior princess" way since it looks like Ivy has the JL under her control. At least that's what I'm gathering from the cover.

I did thoroughly enjoy the part showing the two passing the time by thinking about their friend (Superman). Even if they were teasing him. lol
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

How was it a fake out? was it not them in #39 because if you mean fake out as in them sleeping together then it never was. Struggle to believe that anyone thought they would do anything. At all.

Spectacular Member

I did thoroughly enjoy the part showing the two passing the time by thinking about their friend (Superman). Even if they were teasing him. lol
    I liked that too. And their conversation about their pets. "I miss my kangaroo... I don't talk about it... Her name is Jumpa". Wish we could have gotten more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    How was it a fake out? was it not them in #39 because if you mean fake out as in them sleeping together then it never was. Struggle to believe that anyone thought they would do anything. At all.
    It was a fake-out in the sense that #39 was purposely crafted to make it look like Diana was into Bruce from the very get-go, not just in those end panels. From the moment she shows up the writing and art paint her in a highly sexualized and flirty manner toward Bruce. All meant to set up that last panel, which now is shown was never intended to lead to anything. Thus a fake out. This is even more apparent with Diana's characterization in this issue, with her just treating Bruce like a normal friend again, finally getting in a mention that she too was a spoken for woman, and acting like herself after the cliffhanger is settled. All the sexual suggestion from Wonder Woman's characterization is gone, because its not needed anymore to facilitate the intended fakery of #39.

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    I liked that too. And their conversation about their pets. "I miss my kangaroo... I don't talk about it... Her name is Jumpa". Wish we could have gotten more of that.
    Would love to actually see Jumpa. Everyone else has their super pets back in some form.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-07-2018 at 11:14 AM.