Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I think the majority knew that would be the case, it's how he decided to use Diana that's the problem. This preview doesn't change that.
    I suppose its all in the way you chose to see it. I chose to see it in the light of it being meta commentary on the whole Bats/Wondy ship myself and frankly since they both resisted the temptation I think it shows them both in a positive light. YMMV though. The only problem was in the way the artist depicted some scenes, but I'm not sure how much of that was King's own thoughts on them or the artists interpretation of King's thoughts.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

So the Super Friends remain vigilant and true to their respective significant others. But will people chill out now? No? Fine.

Now we just need for Diana to hang out with Selina a bit, and see how that goes. We can all at least agree on that, right?

Scandalous, absolutely scandalous.

BANNED

I think the majority knew that would be the case, it's how he decided to use Diana that's the problem. This preview doesn't change that.
    Pretty much, King's run has been all hype but no show. A toothless tiger that uses shock factor to bait fans, from Batman vs Bane being an epic death match which would only see one walking away alive to War of Jokes and Riddles where no War happened and now this.

Most of us knew nothing would happen but Diana's ROLE in this story is just to be a temptress, this doesn't change that. That's all King could think of for her while mr super monster slayer is getting his butt handed to him by Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Pretty much, King's run has been all hype but no show. A toothless tiger that uses shock factor to bait fans, from Batman vs Bane being an epic death match which would only see one walking away alive to War of Jokes and Riddles where no War happened and now this.

Most of us knew nothing would happen but Diana's ROLE in this story is just to be a temptress, this doesn't change that. That's all King could think of for her while mr super monster slayer is getting his butt handed to him by Catwoman.
    Wonder Woman is in the same situation as Bruce and facing the same circumstances, yet you view her as "temptress" because she's the woman in the situation? That's incredibly sexist of you.

The art is amazing. That's all I have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
    Wonder Woman is in the same situation as Bruce and facing the same circumstances, yet you view her as "temptress" because she's the woman in the situation? That's incredibly sexist of you.
    I think "temptress" is a fair description of Diana's function in the story. The whole "it's been ten years" thing is just nonsense contrivance to put her in that role...but it's a temptress role, nonetheless.
    It's no different than that Superman story Jim Kelly did where Diana and Clark were trapped somewhere for a hundred years and the same garbage happened between them.

If a writer made a story where everybody on Earth except for Aquaman & Diana spontaneously dropped dead and then he started putting the moves on her, it doesn't matter "everyone else is gone and they're both lonely," Arthur is still being cast as the temptress--er, tempter, I guess. The ridiculous plot is just a ham-fisted means to create that scenario.

It's a writer bending over backwards to reinforce the protagonist's loyalty to his/her designated love interest. It's a get out of jail for free card.

These kinds of stories suck is what I'm getting at, regardless of who's saddled with them.

BANNED

That's very obnoxious of you, maybe try not to make assumptions about other people you know nothing about. Batman wasn't flirting with Diana or tempting her in the previous issue. Batman is the one about about to marry in King's big arc so his resolve is the one being tested, his future wife is in this, the counterpart hero who fought the monsters is also a man. Batman is the subject and Diana is the object. Before you say non sense think.

BANNED

As everyone expected, it was just a clickbait ending to get people talking.

I just hope King focuses less on egging outrage in this issue and more on actually constructing a good story, because the last issue was not good at all.

That's very obnoxious of you, maybe try not to make assumptions about other people you know nothing about. Batman wasn't flirting with Diana or tempting her in the previous issue. Batman is the one about about to marry in King's big arc so his resolve is the one being tested, his future wife is in this, the counterpart hero who fought the monsters is also a man. Batman is the subject and Diana is the object. Before you say non sense think.
    It's not an assumption when it's an opinion based on something you said/wrote. As we see in the preview, both their relationships are being tested, so I stand by my claim that you seem to be holding her to a different standard.

BANNED

I specifically mentioned and capitalized the word ROLE. Never said that the character herself is a temptress.Diana is not a regular Batman character. She has a very specific role in this entire story and that is to challenge Batman's resolve because King is writing a story about Batman about to marry and for good measure we are introduced to another married male hero to act as Batman's counterpart so that we can better understand his situation. Calling it as it is isn't misogyny. Batman maybe a tempter but he'a a loyal tempter with uncomprising will and has a story. Diana has no story, she's just there to serve a specific function.

Maybe you should read the previous issue first.

I specifically mentioned and capitalized the word ROLE. Never said that the character herself is a temptress.Diana is not a regular Batman character. She has a very specific role in this entire story and that is to challenge Batman's resolve because King is writing a story about Batman about to marry and for good measure we are introduced to another married male hero to act as Batman's counterpart so that we can better understand his situation. Calling it as it is isn't misogyny. Batman maybe a tempter but he'a a loyal tempter with uncomprising will and has a story. Diana has no story, she's just there to serve a specific function.

Maybe you should read the previous issue first.
    But, it's you, as a reader, casting her in that ROLE. And, she does have a story. It's a shared story: Two long-time friends in a difficult situation together, and nearly giving in to mutual temptation. She is not being treated as just a prop or plot-device, as you seem to want to believe.

Baffles me how people are still missing that point.

So Bruce is the one who pulls back. Bollocks. Can't say how much I hate that or how unfair that is to wondie's character. If there is a God this run is headed for the retcon bin

But, it's you, as a reader, casting her in that ROLE. And, she does have a story. It's a shared story: Two long-time friends in a difficult situation together, and nearly giving in to mutual temptation. She is not being treated as just a prop or plot-device, as you seem to want to believe.
    She totally is. King didn't have to write a temptation arc he didn't have to put her in a position where readers might Cast her in that role. He could have just written the same type of story he gave supes. no ambiguity no confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So the Super Friends remain vigilant and true to their respective significant others. But will people chill out now? No? Fine.

Now we just need for Diana to hang out with Selina a bit, and see how that goes. We can all at least agree on that, right?
    Yes great that Bruce was quick to put a stop to shenanigans now Diana can meet Selina.