Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

If Batman has a history of having to go back and plan
    OK, Does he though? Or is it more like preemptively studying and planing for. I thought part of his whole MO was being prepped
    Again: If random chaos is what robbed him of his parents, family, everything he knew. So he spent the rest of his life rebuilding himself to be prepped for most anything, so surprise/chaos could never one-up him again like it did that helpless child.
    Why take that away from him?
    If you are true to the character, he is always going in prepared. That's why Joker his nemesis represents absolute chaos, the one thing you can't account for.
    Is Loki on their side LOL!?

He's probably got moves and gadgets that can trip up a fat guy, cosmic powered or not, and use his power to take out the other two etc. Does he suddenly not know the type of stuff coming his way?
    It's like a GL going in powered down walking, instead of flying in with his auto shield up, his natural MO going into battle.
    Or Captain Marvel walking in as Billy, those would be ridiculous and everyone knows it, but whatever not my rules. It's all in fun.

Anyway, you are right I guess even Batman can't ever account for three drunk mythological cosmic beings showing up LOL! Had already moved on to much funner stuff.
    Did you miss the Incredible Antourage post?

Warriors 3 died in their third.
    Antourage have so far survived 2, will they all survive their third?
    And more importantly which ones will get the bigger role in Infinity 2?

Will the Warriors 3 return or will it be up to Luis, Dave & Kurt to save the day?

Have the Antourage Trio replaced the Warriors Three as the ultimate (disposable) MCU Sidekick-Trio?

Last edited by Güicho; 12-04-2018 at 03:56 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    OK, Does he though? Or is it more like preemptively studying and planing for. I thought part of his whole MO was being prepped
    Again: If random chaos is what robbed him of his parents, family, everything he knew. So he spent the rest of his life rebuilding himself to be prepped for most anything, so surprise/chaos could never one-up him again like it did that helpless child.
    Why take that away from him?
    If you are true to the character, he is always going in prepared. That's why Joker his nemesis represents absolute chaos, the one thing you can't account for.
    Is Loki on their side LOL!?

He's probably got moves and gadgets that can trip up a fat guy, cosmic powered or not, and use his power to take out the other two etc. Does he suddenly not know the type of stuff coming his way?
    It's like a GL going in powered down walking, instead of flying in with his auto shield up, his natural MO going into battle.
    Or Captain Marvel walking in as Billy, those would be ridiculous and everyone knows it, but whatever not my rules. It's all in fun.
    Batman gets his general level of "always prepared" that he walks around with. He isn't coming to the fight as Bruce Wayne, out for a night on the town. He comes as Batman, in the suit, with the utility belt. He just doesn't get extra time to specifically prepare other stuff designed to fight the Warriors Three. He doesn't get to go back to the Batcave and grab Mr. Freeze's gun, his power armor, or the Batwing. He doesn't get to call Dick, Jason, and Tim to make it a 4 on 3. So he can use gadgets to trip up a fat guy and then use his power to take out the other two, I just don't think his regular walking around equipment is going to be enough to take out three Asgardian warriors on the level these guys operate at. That is no shame for Bruce, this is a pretty high tier for a guy with no powers to muck around with.

LOL, for the record I didn't argue he could beat them solo, my set up was with Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman together. The later argument was more about the rules of a game that doesn't allow for him being prepped, sure they're from Marvel, but got to figure he's got a dossier on all kinds of mythological cosmic and Extraterrestrial beings, New and Old gods come in all shapes and sizes and pop in out of his purview, on a regular bases.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    . He doesn't get to go back to the Batcave and grab Mr. Freeze's gun,
    That's fine, who said he needed that, he's probably got something else pellets or grenades, rigged into a batarang that can do something explodable. He doesn't have to freeze anyone.
    I mean isn't that the theme of the belt. It's image should be under the definition of prepped.
    As far as tripping someone seriously? A batarang with a rope.
    I mean this is part of the basic character right?

his power armor, or the Batwing.
    He apparently already wears armor, and he doesn't need to go back to the cave to get the Batwing, he can call it remote from where he is.
    Cause you know he's prepped, That's Batman, he's already set it up that way.
    If he can't do that, your game rules kind of betray who he is.

. He doesn't get to call Dick, Jason, and Tim to make it a 4 on 3.
    Yeah I wouldn't expect that, In my scenario he was with Superman and Wonder Woman from the go. I didn't and wouldn't pit him solo against them. That was all you.
    I don't think Batman is beating them.

Whole fun theme here has been trios, You've gone on to argue against things that were never suggested. LOL!

If anything they way I lined them up you should have been looking at the real fight:
    Which one is prettier Wonder Woman or Fandral
    Which is stronger Superman or Volstagg
    And which is more grim Batman or Hogun ?

Ok Autolycus sends them to another realm:
    Since they are in their realm...What about Warriors Three vs. DC's Trinity ?

To predictable?

More sensational, who would put on the better variety show?
    m5jc9Nq[1].jpg

Imagine Lady Sif vs. Miss Piggy over who plays the female lead? Now there is a battle that will level a mountain.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-04-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Mighty Member

LOL, for the record I didn't argue he could beat them solo, my set up was with Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman together. The later argument was more about the rules of a game that doesn't allow for him being prepped, sure they're from Marvel, but got to figure he's got a dossier on all kinds of mythological cosmic beings, come in all shapes and sizes in his world.
    Cosmic and Extraterrestrial, New and Old gods, pop in out of his purview, on a regular bases.
    I was more addressing the rules of the game issue than the initial setup, which is a stomp because Superman or Wonder Woman trivially solos the Warriors Three.
    That's fine, who said he needed that, he's probably got something else pellets or grenades, rigged into a batarang that can do something explodable. He doesn't have to freeze anyone.
    I mean isn't that the theme of the belt. It's image should be under the definition of prepped.
    That was kind of my point. He has tons of stuff in the belt, it just isn't anything that is going to stop Volstagg.
    As far as tripping someone seriously? A batarang with a rope.
    Yes, he can trip someone.
    He apparently already wears armor
    The suit is armored, that is something different than the power armor that makes him a peer of Superman.
    and he doesn't need to go back to the cave to get the Batwing, he can call it remote from where he is.
    Cause you know he's prepped, That's Batman, he's already set it up that way.
    If he can't do that, your game rules kind of betray who he is.
    Khazan would not allow for him summoning the Batwing.
    Yeah I wouldn't expect that, In my scenario he was with Superman and Wonder Woman from the go. I didn't and wouldn't pit him solo against them. That was all you.
    I don't think Batman is beating them. .
    Whole fun theme here has been trios, You've gone on to argue against things that were never suggested. LOL!
    As stated, I was more discussing the rules and how they apply to Batman having any impact on a fight involving the Warriors Three.
    If anything they way I lined them up you should have been looking at which one is prettier
    Wonder Woman or Fandral
    Which is stronge Superman or Volstagg
    And which is more grim Batman or Hogun
    Diana, Clark, and Bruce. A clean sweep.

Khazan would not allow for him summoning the Batwing.
    LOL I get not walking in with it, but he can't even call it in? What about the Batgyro, he's had that since 1939, even back then could have it hovering waiting right above him
    He's set up for that, If he can't do that, doesn't the game rules kind of betray who he is? He knows he can't go up against gods and cosmic beings, so how has he survived them? In lieu of "superpowers" he's used what he does have; spends a life time and fortune prepping not only his mind and body, but gadgets and vehicles, that he can invoke when necessary.
    That is the character.
    Isn't default denying Batman what he's built part of his life on, what we know is part of his continued M.O., they are such a regular part of his presence he even gives them goofy bat-themed names and visuals, without access to what he has already set himself up to have, aren't you betraying the character we know.
    It'd be like randomly denying Billy summoning a part of the lightning, access to one of the "powers" the acronym brings.
    That's fine, but game seems a bit rigged.

If anything they way I lined them up you should have been looking at the real fight:
    Which one is prettier Wonder Woman or Fandral
    Which is stronger Superman or Volstagg
    And which is more grim Batman or Hogun

Diana, Clark, and Bruce. A clean sweep.
    LOL! Now that's a fight! At least Batman wins the who is more grim battle. He's spent a life-time preping for that. I was starting to feel sad for him if he didn't win that
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-28-2022 at 05:07 PM.

On to Middle Earth....
    Warriors Three vs The Fellowship Trio, aka the Three Companions, aka the
    "Three Hunters"
    Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg vs Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'd pay good money to see the movie Three Hunters (PJ's LotR) fighting the Warriors Three.
    Me too!
    OK the adventure must continue ...Warriors Three are a no show in Endgame.
    So they must be replaced, a new TRIO must emerge:

THREE HUNTERS : Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli

vs

The Gladiator TRIO: Hagen, Maximus and Juba

Last edited by Güicho; 05-14-2022 at 07:57 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Do these guys murder the three hunters from PJ's Lord of the Rings?

If so, I'm down with that.

If not, not so much.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

If not, not so much.
    A gazillion years later and Sharp is still salty :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

If not, not so much.
    No. No they don't.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm a damn halite mine, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    No. No they don't.
    Then pfft.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

If not, not so much.
    Is this just based on muscle? Skill? Armor/Weapons? (I asume they have their shields.
    But you don't think at least Legolas who can run up an Oliphaunts back, and get off several shots can at least take a couple of them down?

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Did this play out in another thread? link?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-18-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

The book guys, Lion and Tin, were not push overs. Lion killed quite a few and Tin went into some kind of robotic windmill mode with his ax and chopped up enemies.

Movie - no sweat. I always wondered in the Witches could withstand a volley from the Munchkin muskets.

This is a curbstomp of epic proportions. The Oz Trio don't haver a chance.
    Power with Girl is better.

So they are pretty much the OZ books equivalent of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The book guys, Lion and Tin, were not push overs.

Lion killed quite a few ...
    The Lion (with more bite... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    ...Tin went into some kind of robotic windmill mode with his ax and chopped up enemies.
    and
    Tin-Man (except close range with an Axe! ?

LOL!

And so does that make Han the third, or who is the book's analogues Scarecrow in SW?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-20-2019 at 04:19 AM.

So, what if they were composite Oz trio with stacked stats? Would they stand a chance/win? I mean, there's a LOT of variations...

Whatever the outcome, the Warriors Three should thank their lucky stars they don't have to face the deadliest of trios: