Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    I wonder what they can do against the three musketeers or lui kang Sonya and johnny cage from MK.

  2. #17
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder what they can do against the three musketeers or lui kang Sonya and johnny cage from MK.
    Not much of a fight with the musketeers. Skilled humans with rapiers against high-level asgardians is not a fight - the Asgardians could take a nap and let the musketeers dull their blades on asgardian skin, and run out of ammo for their flintlocks on completely pointless shots.

  3. #18
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,249

    Default

    I'd pay good money to see the movie Three Hunters (PJ's LotR) fighting the Warriors Three.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  4. #19
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'd pay good money to see the movie Three Hunters (PJ's LotR) fighting the Warriors Three.
    You mean you’d pay good money to see Peter Jackson fight the Warriors Three....

  5. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Not much of a fight with the musketeers. Skilled humans with rapiers against high-level asgardians is not a fight - the Asgardians could take a nap and let the musketeers dull their blades on asgardian skin, and run out of ammo for their flintlocks on completely pointless shots.
    it's not much of a fight with the MK warriors also expect maybeee Lui Kang.

  6. #21
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'd pay good money to see the movie Three Hunters (PJ's LotR) fighting the Warriors Three.
    If this were Reddit, I'd upvote you.

    Watching movie Gimli and Legolas just hack on Volstagg for hours while he sleeps, wakes, uses the toilet, eats an entire ox, drinks a bathtub full of mead, gets dressed then one-shots them by accident when he falls over putting on his boots WOULD be pretty priceless.

  7. #22
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    You mean you’d pay good money to see Peter Jackson fight the Warriors Three....
    *coughs*

    Vile calumny. I shall never admit to such.

    ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If this were Reddit, I'd upvote you.

    Watching movie Gimli and Legolas just hack on Volstagg for hours while he sleeps, wakes, uses the toilet, eats an entire ox, drinks a bathtub full of mead, gets dressed then one-shots them by accident when he falls over putting on his boots WOULD be pretty priceless.
    The sad thing is that at least Gimli and Aragorn (movies) possibly WOULD take turns hacking at Volstagg while he was asleep. As you not, wouldn't accomplish much. I guess - depending on how the movie presents Andúril, I've cleansed that from my brain - Aragorn might nick and cut him to the point where he needs to wake up.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  8. #23
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    783

    Default

    fine then let's give them a real challenge

    Hercules
    Xena
    Autolycus

    the game selected is monopoly

  9. #24
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,184

    Default

    Assuming you are talking about Sorbocles there, I'd bet on Herc's crew being more rational and having a better understanding of commerce and such to come out ahead in such a game, but then... Monopoly, once you get past a basic understanding of rules and optimal techniques, is highly luck-driven. You could let a blind kitten play and it MIGHT win if you just assumed "buy everything" as a basic strat.

  10. #25
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

    The sad thing is that at least Gimli and Aragorn (movies) possibly WOULD take turns hacking at Volstagg while he was asleep. As you not, wouldn't accomplish much. I guess - depending on how the movie presents Andúril, I've cleansed that from my brain - Aragorn might nick and cut him to the point where he needs to wake up.
    I don't think that the movies presented the sword as any more special than any other, really, or not in a way that would bug a named 616 Asgardian. I could be blocking something out, but it's pretty feat-less other than "symbol of humanity" and "recruiting tool for snot-based armies" and "general stabby-stabby implement."

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder what they can do against the three musketeers

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    or lui kang Sonya and johnny cage from MK.
    That would be great!

    Last edited by Güicho; 03-14-2018 at 08:41 AM.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    fine then let's give them a real challenge Hercules Xena Autolycus the game selected is monopoly
    LOL, would love to see it. Let the mónospōléō begin.
    The real fight is who gets what game piece though?

    Inconceivable!
    Over to the land of Florin...

    Vs? The Fun Storming the Castle Trio:

    Wesley, Fezzik and Íñigo
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-10-2018 at 04:29 AM.

  13. #28
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Assuming you are talking about Sorbocles there, I'd bet on Herc's crew being more rational and having a better understanding of commerce and such to come out ahead in such a game, but then... Monopoly, once you get past a basic understanding of rules and optimal techniques, is highly luck-driven. You could let a blind kitten play and it MIGHT win if you just assumed "buy everything" as a basic strat.
    do you really think Autolycus isn't going to cheat like mad?

  14. #29

    Default

    How would the 616 warriors three do against DCEU Doomsday?

  15. #30
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    How would the 616 warriors three do against DCEU Doomsday?
    That's a tougher. Doomsday is stronger, but they are quicker, and have edged weapons made of Asgardian goodness (which isn't quite the same in the comics as in the MCU, but it's still pretty badass stuff, capable of hurting Asgardians, Giants, Rock Trolls, etc., all of which are HIGHLY resistant to damage). They are not idiots and with the common-knowledge of this guy can "come back from stuff" thing, maybe they slice off parts until getting a 10-count? Chop off a leg and then take his head and see what happens?

    Doomsday doesn't want to use energy against them, because Volstagg is just going to amp it and hit him back with it à la Soldier Field in Siege.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •