Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Default CHRIS CLAREMONT'S X-MEN (trailer)

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

If it wasn't for Claremont I would have NEVER picked up a Comic Book and I would have NEVER gravitated to the X-men. Avengers WHO?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

"I'm telling the story of these characters' lives" - I think this is one of the main reasons Claremont's X-Men always stood apart from the rest and also why the books are failing so miserably now, as they moved away from chronicling these wonderful characters' lives to just telling random superhero stories.

Lord Claremont, we salute you!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    "I'm telling the story of these characters' lives" - I think this is one of the main reasons Claremont's X-Men always stood apart from the rest and also why the books are failing so miserably now, as they moved away from chronicling these wonderful characters' lives to just telling random superhero stories.
    I'd agree with that. Another poster mentioned recently that there's no plan or direction anymore, and I think that contributes to the feeling that the books are just telling miscellaneous superhero tales until the numbers tick down to relaunch level, then it happens all over again. It's hard to get invested in a treadmill.

BANNED

Claremont is the great genius of the X-Men. There's no doubt about that.
    But there's also no doubt about his hatred for Cyclops.
    And that will always be regrettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'd agree with that. Another poster mentioned recently that there's no plan or direction anymore, and I think that contributes to the feeling that the books are just telling miscellaneous superhero tales until the numbers tick down to relaunch level, then it happens all over again. It's hard to get invested in a treadmill.
    Which is why i loved Christina Strain’s Gen X

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If it wasn't for Claremont I would have NEVER picked up a Comic Book and I would have NEVER gravitated to the X-men. Avengers WHO?
    Same here! Claremont changed my life, literally.

Bingo. I agree completely. We don't know these guys any more. Claremont could make even supporting cast feel like someone you've met or that guy down the street from you. That element is gone, now.

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Claremont is the great genius of the X-Men. There's no doubt about that.
    But there's also no doubt about his hatred for Cyclops.
    And that will always be regrettable.
    If he hated Cyclops, why did he have him solo the entire team in UXM 175...?

He was no fan of Iceman, that's for sure (he made that glaringly obvious!), but his work on Scott was great.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    If he hated Cyclops, why did he have him solo the entire team in UXM 175...?

He was no fan of Iceman, that's for sure (he made that glaringly obvious!), but his work on Scott was great.
    I think Scott lost Claremont's respect as a character when he abandoned his wife and newborn to go reunite with Jean and form X-Factor. But this is consistent with what Claremont says in the interview: you would despite a man if he did something like that in real life and that's how Claremont likes to treat his characters, as if they were real and a part of his life.

That said, I think Chris always wrote a pretty great Scott, including his most recent take in X-Men Forever.

Can’t see the trailer because I’m at school... What is this for? A new X-Book?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Can’t see the trailer because I’m at school... What is this for? A new X-Book?
    Looks like a documentary short film on Claremont's X-Men. It doesn't say when or where it's coming out.

Its a documentary. It is my understanding that this came out already or am I wrong? Can't find any way to watch it tho.

BANNED

I think Scott lost Claremont's respect as a character when he abandoned his wife and newborn to go reunite with Jean and form X-Factor. But this is consistent with what Claremont says in the interview: you would despite a man if he did something like that in real life and that's how Claremont likes to treat his characters, as if they were real and a part of his life.

That said, I think Chris always wrote a pretty great Scott, including his most recent take in X-Men Forever.
    Seriously? Well, I guess not.

Scott is a fictional character. And clearly Claremont hates him. So the problem is: only Cyclops will be eternally punished. Only he will be eternally hated.
    Scott should have committed a genocide. Maybe Claremont and the haters would stop hating him.