Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Apparently, X-Men Red won't affect the other books, at least not initially:

https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...77564028280832
    Makes sense. The decision to bring back Jean felt very sudden, hence PR was so poorly planned, hence I think JG's ending was suddenly changed, hence X-Men: Read won't be acknowledged in other books for a while.

BANNED

Looks great so far. But I love Asars art so that was a given. Characters are working so far for me. And now I want a team book with Harold and Jonathan^^

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Makes sense. The decision to bring back Jean felt very sudden, hence PR was so poorly planned, hence I think JG's ending was suddenly changed, hence X-Men: Read won't be acknowledged in other books for a while.
    Also a good thing for Red not having to acknowledge what a hot mess it's sister titles are.

To be completely honest I haven’t been that excited about this book...

Until today. I guess now that we’re on the eve of its first issue, im very excited.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Also a good thing for Red not having to acknowledge what a hot mess it's sister titles are.
    They are great comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    They are great comics!
    I'm sorry nick, I just feel like the X-books have been spinning their wheels for a while and everything about X-Men Red seems like it's finally getting the franchise out of the mud.

They may not be good books but I would still rather they all fit in a shared continuity like in the old days. It just sounds like any impact of Jeans return will be off panel. Her return was so very anticlimactic
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Jean's return has felt kind of rushed and not greatly thought out. They held off for so long bringing her back and because of that I expected it to be built up a lot more than it has been. I always imaged her return would be a lot bigger in terms of impact. We had that mini series that sort of felt like it spun its wheels for most of the issues and then she is back and is already leading some team that is mostly cut off from the rest of the X-Men and the MCU.

That doesn't speak to the quality of what Red could be, but just the build up leading into her return book feels like it could be so much more.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Really didn't like that they announced this book BEFORE she was ever resurrected. But this is Marvel just putting the product on the shelves in time for the next X-Men movie starring, guess who..? Jean Grey. Buuut it does make sense as to why Nightcrawler is slated to be in two team books simultaneously.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-06-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Really didn't like that they announced this book BEFORE she was ever resurrected. But this is Marvel just putting the product on the shelves in time for the next X-Men movie starring, guess who..? Jean Grey. Buuut it does make sense as to why Nightcrawler is slated to be in two team books simultaneously.
    When were they supposed to announce Red? Last month. They needed to promote her and it

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I am looking forward to XMEN RED. I like the overall themes so far that I can tell. just wish Jean looked in her early 40s/late 30s like she ought to be , and that she acknowledges WHite Hot Room and so on.

Also it's cool X-23 is finally back on an XMEN team. Wonder if they'll continue to "tame" her personality.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I am looking forward to XMEN RED. I like the overall themes so far that I can tell. just wish Jean looked in her early 40s/late 30s like she ought to be , and that she acknowledges WHite Hot Room and so on.

Also it's cool X-23 is finally back on an XMEN team. Wonder if they'll continue to "tame" her personality.

I disagree completely. I hate how "characters dont age while they are dead" is so often ignored.
    Jean has been dead for so long, on two different occasions, that she shouldnt be in the age group of Scott and Storm anymore. She should be closer to Kitty in age.

Also, when the Hellions were resurrected twice as zombies in the last New Mutants run, everybody treated them as equals, as if they were the same age as the new mutants, and not as the teenage zombies they actually should have been. The fight was adults in their 20s vs teenage zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I disagree completely. I hate how "characters dont age while they are dead" is so often ignored.
    Jean has been dead for so long, on two different occasions, that she shouldnt be in the age group of Scott and Storm anymore. She should be closer to Kitty in age.

Also, when the Hellions were resurrected twice as zombies in the last New Mutants run, everybody treated them as equals, as if they were the same age as the new mutants, and not as the teenage zombies they actually should have been. The fight was adults in their 20s vs teenage zombies.
    Jean was a decomposed skeleton, not in frozen stasis like Captain America. There is nothing to ignore here. The Phoenix Force restored her life and could have brought her back as a teenager or a 50 year old woman if it wanted to. Jean shouldbe early to mid 30s and for simplicity sake, thats likely what she is intended to be portrayed as here. Thats not a continuity error from her two deaths but something easily explained from how she was brought back

I dont beleive the Hellions ages were ever stated in Necrosha. They werent around long enough for that to be delved into. The only person was Doug but honestly I never quite understood how he was able to stick around
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-06-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

Jean spent 12 years in the distant future helping to raise Cable with Scott.....come on man. She is not early 20s like she looks in XMEN RED.

Again, I know it's "a nit pick" but she is supposed to be partly the Matriarch of the XMen at this point.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Jean spent 12 years in the distant future helping to raise Cable with Scott.....come on man. She is not early 20s like she looks in XMEN RED.

Again, I know it's "a nit pick" but she is supposed to be partly the Matriarch of the XMen at this point.
    I think she should be late in her 30s mentally, but I think she should be mid 20s in body because of the time she spent dead in the 80s and in the 2000s.

Imagine Jean was 16 in 1963. add the 6 years she spent dead in the 80s, and the 13-14 years she spent dead after Morrison. You get 1982-83, when New Mutants begun to be published.
    Some of the kids were 13 like Rahne, some of the kids were considerably older, like Sam, and I think Karma may have been 19. I think that is her age group now. Although I think Marvel won't touch the subject because they avoid talking of age.