Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    I appreciate the optimism, but I don’t want to get my hopes up only to be smashed down again.
    I don't know what "hope" means. I only know despair.

(And yes, I know this joke will only be funny to the, like, five people on these boards who know who this is.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 02-01-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

The fact that the ending of the venom crossover was a actual breakup with bobbi and peter shows slott never really cared about that couple lol. His whole arc since legacy started seems so weird lol, I don't see why he didn't just leave the title after parker industries.

BANNED

I still think the "threat level red" has something to do with MJ and not just us possibly checking in now and then on what Norman is doing with Carnage (we'll probably got more hints of that at the end here), and she'll get in the way of Peter and Bobbi's awkward get-together. Aunt May being a 'shipper-on-deck for Bobbi and Peter is irritating, as we know all she's interested in now under Slott's pen is having grandkids...she doesn't really care about Peter's needs at this point, she's just worried about the Parkers having an ongoing legacy. Peter should stand up to her.

So we didn't even get a break-up scene? I liked Bobbi and Peter as a concept, although the execution's been really poor and the conclusion seems to be even worse. Hopefully this will lead to Peter and MJ back together... Oh wait, we're talking about Marvel, so no way that's gonna happen.

@Kevinroc
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

well that was a short romance. now Peter should be always on the watchout for a while for trick arrows. it feels like all marvel romances are doomed fro the start and just a matter of killing time. whenever a character is at a loose end he enters or breaks up a relationship cuz it felt like a good idea at the time.

Really? That's it? Granted, Bobbi was getting annoying to me, but they should've had some time together as a couple, shouldn't they?

EDIT: Though, maybe it's good that they ended it quickly because it was never going to go anywhere anyway.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 02-02-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    So we didn't even get a break-up scene? I liked Bobbi and Peter as a concept, although the execution's been really poor and the conclusion seems to be even worse. Hopefully this will lead to Peter and MJ back together... Oh wait, we're talking about Marvel, so no way that's gonna happen.

@Kevinroc
    shrugs
    Marvel ruled out marriage
    they didn't rule out a relationship between Peter and Mary Jane
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

(And yes, I know this joke will only be funny to the, like, five people on these boards who know who this is.)
    Good one. Very good one.

That being said, I have no interest in joining Ultimate Despair. Not that far gone yet. Close, maybe, but not there yet.

Also, I'm wondering how Peter is going to cash in that favor Loki owes him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Nice reference lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Also, I'm wondering how Peter is going to cash in that favor Loki owes him.
    Maybe he'll ask for Loki to erase Parker Luck, only for Loki to say it's beyond his power .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Nice reference lol.

Maybe he'll ask for Loki to erase Parker Luck, only for Loki to say it's beyond his power .
    The popular theory is that he's gonna ask for everyone to forget about Parker Industries so he can get on with his life in peace without being constantly reminded of his biggest failure as Peter Parker. Still irritates me, though, largely because people who don't know the full facts, who haven't heard and are clearly not interested in hearing Peter's side of the story, are casting judgment willy-nilly, never mind that if Parker Industries hadn't been destroyed, HYDRA would have its hands on a working time machine that it could use to change the past, likely to ensure a lasting HYDRA takeover of America, if not the entire world.

Peter and Bobbi being an item should continue or at the very least end amicably, no "black cat" craziness. At least the wall of Peter never dating a super-lady (sample silly grip: "they see Spidey as too goofy!") has been broken down. Let's do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Peter and Bobbi being an item should continue or at the very least end amicably, no "black cat" craziness. At least the wall of Peter never dating a super-lady (sample silly grip: "they see Spidey as too goofy!") has been broken down. Let's do it again.
    Who would you suggest, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who would you suggest, then?
    ah..

Silver Sable; Black Widow; Julia Carpenter. Pete was married off to MJ before anything could be done with Silver. As far as the last two, Spider-Man's never dated a spider-lady. Why not?

While I stopped at issue 700 my guess would be like the end of The Devil's Advocate (1997) a what if ending and goes back to OMD.
    Hail Hydra!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    At least the wall of Peter never dating a super-lady (sample silly grip: "they see Spidey as too goofy!") has been broken down. Let's do it again.
    Peter and Bobbi's uniqueness is kind of redundant as long as Renew Your Vows exists, Peter is married to a super (and Spider) lady there.

It's also highly likely the next writer of ASM doesn't even want to use Peter and Bobbi as a couple.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-03-2018 at 04:26 AM.