Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I enjoyed this issue a lot more that I expected to and I suspect it has something to do with Christos gage co-penning it; it seems I always enjoy an issue more when he has a hand in it. While the issue was certainly padded and this is just the "Road To 800" right now, it felt like old-school Spidey while still referencing current plot developments. Sure, the Loki angle as shoehorned in and was kinda a silly resolution but it strikes me that it was only there so that the OMD card could be played; I doubt that Slott will have any big OMD payoff at this point before he departs (or will he?) but it seems like that is back on the table for the incoming new Spidey writer (or perhaps Zdarsdsky) to tackle in the near future.
    It seems like going down swinging is the storyline where Osborn will wreck Peter's life even if he loses. I would not be surprised i

Mighty Member

I enjoyed this issue a lot more that I expected to and I suspect it has something to do with Christos gage co-penning it; it seems I always enjoy an issue more when he has a hand in it. While the issue was certainly padded and this is just the "Road To 800" right now, it felt like old-school Spidey while still referencing current plot developments. Sure, the Loki angle as shoehorned in and was kinda a silly resolution but it strikes me that it was only there so that the OMD card could be played; I doubt that Slott will have any big OMD payoff at this point before he departs (or will he?) but it seems like that is back on the table for the incoming new Spidey writer (or perhaps Zdarsdsky) to tackle in the near future.
    It seems like going down swinging is the storyline where Osborn will wreck Peter's life even if he loses. I would not be surprised if Peter would have to rebuild his life after Osborn is done.

I doubt Zdarsky will be able to say anything about OMD in Spectacular, if Marvel ever does anything about it, then it'd be more fitting on ASM, undoing it should affect both titles though (And I don't really think undoing it would really solve issues, but whatever).

BANNED

Zdarsky at the very least has made it known he wants to make use of MJ, in what capacity we don't know though

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Zdarsky at the very least has made it known he wants to make use of MJ, in what capacity we don't know though
    His free comic book day issue has her talking with Peter just fine, so I doubt we'd anything like, her being a dry bitch again:

It's such a pain to read his pre-Spectacular-issue-5-Peter lol
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 02-08-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    His free comic book day issue has her talking with Peter just fine, so I doubt we'd anything like, her being a dry bitch again:

It's such a pain to read his pre-Spectacular-issue-5-Peter lol
    I think he was still growing out of writing Parody!Spider-Man from Howard the Duck.

I don’t know what led to loki as the sorcerer supreme, or who the girl was, but it was kind of interesting loki on the side of good. Too bad it won’t last.
    Norman and carnage; those two deserve each other. Lets hope carnage devours him before this is iver.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don’t know what led to loki as the sorcerer supreme, or who the girl was, but it was kind of interesting loki on the side of good. Too bad it won’t last.
    Norman and carnage; those two deserve each other. Lets hope carnage devours him before this is iver.
    Having read the entirety of Jason Aaron's Doctor Strange in TPB, the girl is Zelma, a librarian who found the Sanctum Sanctorum and got mixed up in the mystical madness that follows Stephen. As for Loki as the Sorcerer Supreme, in a nutshell, that happened because Strange royally f***ed up, realized it, and either gave up or was stripped of the Sorcerer Supreme title. As for Carnage hopefully devouring Norman, that would be good karma for him, and as the most despicable monsters in Spider-Man's rogues gallery, they are definitely a perfect match.
    The spider is always on the hunt.