Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Rogue slept with Magneto as a one night stand. On purpose! It was extremely out of character and comparatively Gambit is a saint. I say this as a HUGE Rogue fan since I was a boy...but I stopped buying comics for years because of that issue. She was written the tramp and I very much did NOT appreciate it.
    Wow. Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    The sexism I was referring to was CC writing these stupid scenes and letting Gambit kiss Storm while she was naked in moonlight versus Rogue surprising Bishop with a kiss to play a joke on him that she didn't absorb his powers. One was written in a sexual context (the male character) the other a joke played on a friend. Then playing like both meant the same thing. That was the sexism. Not critiquing Gambit here. And we should be able to discuss double standards and sexism without being defensive.
    This makes no sense. This is fiction not physics. Every action doesn't require an equal and opposite reaction. Fiction writing would be terrible if every male character and female character had to have exactly offsetting scenes.

CC was not being sexist. He was writing the characters in line with their personality. Gambit being the more flirtatious ladies man and Rogue being the more playful type. Sexist would be if CC tried to shame Rogue for kissing Bishop while giving Gambit a pass. He did not do that. Both characters never faced any type of judgment for their actions.
    Last edited by remydat; 02-06-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    The sexism I was referring to was CC writing these stupid scenes and letting Gambit kiss Storm while she was naked in moonlight versus Rogue surprising Bishop with a kiss to play a joke on him that she didn't absorb his powers. One was written in a sexual context (the male character) the other a joke played on a friend. Then playing like both meant the same thing. That was the sexism. Not critiquing Gambit here. And we should be able to discuss double standards and sexism without being defensive.
    Defensive? I thought this was a conversation... Having a different view is being defensive? What is there to be defensive about? You didn't do anything to me. Unless your talking about something else. In regards of the XXM issue, I think your reading a little too far into it.

Anywho... But I agree that there was definitely something more than plutonic. Especially when Storm warns Gambit that "Rogue will kill them both" for what they we're doing and Gambit has to reassure her that his heart belongs to Rogue. In a way that tells me he's saying his body and heart aren't essentially linked. But I think that's the air between them. Gambit and Storm. Gambit being so overtly sexual and flirty and Storm being so aloof and emotionally detached, you really don't know what's going on in her head. To me it makes the kiss much less innocent than Rogue and Bishop as I think a lot more could have happened if they weren't interrupted and it also leads me to believe they've possibly been intimate in the past. Whether that was full on hooking up out of boredom or just making out, I guess we'll never know. But that random kiss in Gold doesn't say otherwise for me.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-06-2018 at 09:42 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Rogue slept with Magneto as a one night stand. On purpose! It was extremely out of character and comparatively Gambit is a saint. I say this as a HUGE Rogue fan since I was a boy...but I stopped buying comics for years because of that issue. She was written the tramp and I very much did NOT appreciate it.
    How is Rogue a "tramp" for sleeping with Magneto? This should be real good and please don't run like the rest of the Ganbit fanbase around here. Enlighten me..for once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    That's right, of the Carey race (which was very good) the only thing that was garbage was the ROGNETO, Rogue would never agree to a relationship with a murderous and genocidal abuser like Magneto, as we know Erick the red did emotional damage to Rogue Also, and Rogue is not that kind of women.

In defense of that abomination, Rogue acted like this, not because she wanted to be really with a magnet, but because of AgeOfx Rogue she was brainwashed, she had the memories and emotions of the legacy / reaper, and she was in love and was the couple of magnet in that universe.

Luckily Rogue regained mental health and left Magneto in the trash.
    Never? That is a lie. Her creator had her almost have sex with Magneto in a span of 5 issues...uncanny 269-274...before she even heard of Remy LeBeau. Don't you just love canon? I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    How is Rogue a "tramp" for sleeping with Magneto? This should be real good and please don't run like the rest of the Ganbit fanbase around here. Enlighten me..for once.
    No one runs from you. I'd you haven't realized, they are ignoring you, bro... I shouldn't be posting this much. I broke the vow.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Oh... this isn't going to end well.
    Guild Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    No one runs from you. I'd you haven't realized, they are ignoring you, bro... I shouldn't be posting this much. I broke the vow.
    Lol! Case in point, cannon and. Claremont himself say he's wrong about his version of the savage land story but he keeps saying it over and over and over if repetition will make it fact. He calling Claremont a liar, but touting cannon. Ugh, he's going to be trolling up the review thread tomorrow isn't he? Of course he will...

Is it really not possible to have a thread about Rogue, Gambit or both of them without people arguing and insulting one another? No? Well, okay then. If you'll excuse me, I'll just go sit in the corner and...sit.

BANNED

Fellow Xmen fans, if you're creating a thread for previews, it would help if you add the release date. Thank you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Fellow Xmen fans, if you're creating a thread for previews, it would help if you add the release date. Thank you.
    This book will be released in this week.
    Previews are almost always less than a week in advance.

It will be released 07.02.2018. Meaning today (or tomorrow depending on the timezone).

BANNED

Of course that's the wordplay you'll label it. When you tell lies and defend it and get called out on it, you run. You can call that ignoring but basically it's acting pretty child like if anything, kiddo. This isn't the Gambit Celebration thread..so when you lie and create a false narrative, it's gonna get dissected by someone who read the entire thing.

Gambit should of died back in X men #200 or at least been a Sinister sidekick.... he's been wasting page time ever since. How many times does Rogue have to dump this guy?
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 02-07-2018 at 12:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Lol! Case in point, cannon and. Claremont himself say he's wrong about his version of the savage land story but he keeps saying it over and over and over if repetition will make it fact. He calling Claremont a liar, but touting cannon. Ugh, he's going to be trolling up the review thread tomorrow isn't he? Of course he will...
    No one is calling Chris Claremont a liar but everyone has read Uncanny #274....acting like that didn't happen is the farce. The charade. The pretense. And we can go all throughout the 90s of Rogue reaching out to Magneto. It's irrefutable. Every major x writer of note has went to it except the era when they pushed Cyclops over all the major X women when Morrison had power.

Is it really not possible to have a thread about Rogue, Gambit or both of them without people arguing and insulting one another? No? Well, okay then. If you'll excuse me, I'll just go sit in the corner and...sit.
    Had no one lied about Mike Carey's run or stated canon, you could have these threads be little lovefests with no criticism but they keep acting like C Lister Gambit is where they want Rogue to end up and that's sad.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 02-07-2018 at 12:26 AM.

I know but some times when it is so wrong you cant stop youself.......

Besides more than a few times said individual does not respond to quality rebuttles.

Esp the one where even Carey admitted he couldnt make the plot work as it was, esp if the trial and zaldana incidents were accounted for so just skipped over it, after the infamous fall out. He couldnt spin it in full continuity esp without serious further work, even after the alt reality he created and pulled accross to help it was not well worked out. Several attrocious choices were made there after that, that were not great esp the scene tied to a holocaust museum was not a great idea. I still wonder if he put Gage upto the Frenzy missfire that followed.

But at any rate He was running out of rime to get his self insert ship working so he went full out and it was not weĺl recieved and killed off by Gage real fast of it was a fraction of what other poster makes it to be it would have been around longer. Who doesnt like adding Mags to the toybox of things you can throw randomly in the mix.. there is a reason it shut down so hard.